Old 02-12-2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quinoa (again)

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:27:10 -0600, Andy q wrote:

I made a small batch of quinoa earlier.

I didn't cook it long enough as it definitely had some bite to it.

The flavor was fine.

The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare! Those little beads
barely grow at all. YUK!

Was debating on adding some to the seared tuna/avocado salad I'm making
later but think I'll leave it out.

Another question is, does quinoa hold up in leftover refrigerated dishes?

In a word, yes. Holds up just fine. Now go take care of your
teeth!!!

:-)

TammyM

Old 02-12-2006, 04:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

In a word, yes. Holds up just fine. Now go take care of your
teeth!!!

:-)

Thanks and done!!!

Andy

Old 02-12-2006, 06:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare!
Those little beads barely grow at all. YUK!

I don't know if it would have helped, but I
highly recommend the Sonicare Elite toothbrush.
My dentist recommended it to me, and it's
way better than manual brushing.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson said...

Andy wrote:

The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare!
Those little beads barely grow at all. YUK!

I don't know if it would have helped, but I
highly recommend the Sonicare Elite toothbrush.
My dentist recommended it to me, and it's
way better than manual brushing.

Mark,

I use one. It's great for teeth and gums but is not a great substitute for
flossing, imho.

Andy

Quinoa Richard Fangnail General Cooking 3 16-09-2007 09:29 PM
Quinoa Omni in Atlanta Vegetarian cooking 6 29-12-2006 04:16 PM
Quinoa? Andy General Cooking 11 15-11-2006 03:56 AM
Quinoa Jarkat2002 General Cooking 10 20-12-2003 06:18 PM