Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quinoa (again)

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:27:10 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>I made a small batch of quinoa earlier.
>
>I didn't cook it long enough as it definitely had some bite to it.
>
>The flavor was fine.
>
>The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare! Those little beads
>barely grow at all. YUK!
>
>Was debating on adding some to the seared tuna/avocado salad I'm making
>later but think I'll leave it out.
>
>Another question is, does quinoa hold up in leftover refrigerated dishes?

In a word, yes. Holds up just fine. Now go take care of your
teeth!!!

:-)

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

> In a word, yes. Holds up just fine. Now go take care of your
> teeth!!!
>
>:-)

Thanks and done!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare!
> Those little beads barely grow at all. YUK!

I don't know if it would have helped, but I
highly recommend the Sonicare Elite toothbrush.
My dentist recommended it to me, and it's
way better than manual brushing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare!
>> Those little beads barely grow at all. YUK!

> I don't know if it would have helped, but I
> highly recommend the Sonicare Elite toothbrush.
> My dentist recommended it to me, and it's
> way better than manual brushing.

Mark,

I use one. It's great for teeth and gums but is not a great substitute for
flossing, imho.

Andy

Quinoa Richard Fangnail General Cooking 3 16-09-2007 09:29 PM
Quinoa Omni in Atlanta Vegetarian cooking 6 29-12-2006 05:16 PM
Quinoa? Andy General Cooking 11 15-11-2006 04:56 AM
Quinoa Jarkat2002 General Cooking 10 20-12-2003 07:18 PM