FoodBanter.com

-   -   Quinoa (again) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/108570-quinoa-again.html)

TammyM[_1_] 02-12-2006 04:26 PM

Quinoa (again)

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:27:10 -0600, Andy q wrote:

I made a small batch of quinoa earlier.

I didn't cook it long enough as it definitely had some bite to it.

The flavor was fine.

The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare! Those little beads
barely grow at all. YUK!

Was debating on adding some to the seared tuna/avocado salad I'm making
later but think I'll leave it out.

Another question is, does quinoa hold up in leftover refrigerated dishes?

In a word, yes. Holds up just fine. Now go take care of your
teeth!!!

:-)

TammyM

Andy[_2_] 02-12-2006 04:34 PM

Quinoa (again)

TammyM said...

In a word, yes. Holds up just fine. Now go take care of your
teeth!!!

:-)

Thanks and done!!!

Andy

Mark Thorson 02-12-2006 06:50 PM

Quinoa (again)

Andy wrote:

The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare!
Those little beads barely grow at all. YUK!

I don't know if it would have helped, but I
highly recommend the Sonicare Elite toothbrush.
My dentist recommended it to me, and it's
way better than manual brushing.

Andy[_2_] 02-12-2006 07:32 PM

Quinoa (again)

Mark Thorson said...

Andy wrote:

The downside was it created a dental floss nightmare!
Those little beads barely grow at all. YUK!

I don't know if it would have helped, but I
highly recommend the Sonicare Elite toothbrush.
My dentist recommended it to me, and it's
way better than manual brushing.

Mark,

I use one. It's great for teeth and gums but is not a great substitute for
flossing, imho.

Andy