Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default new to board + question

Hi!

I'm Sara Ann Denson, children's author. Looking for advice on using
slow cooker with the double pans inside. Any great side-by-side
cooking ideas for the holidays?

Yours,
Sara Ann

******************************
author, "Christmas Turtles"
-about a Grandmother's candy making tradition
www.saraanndenson.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sara Ann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm Sara Ann Denson, children's author. Looking for
> advice on using slow cooker with the double pans inside.
> Any great side-by-side cooking ideas for the holidays?

Whoa, whoa! You aren't registered on www.recfoodcooking.com
I don't know how you hacked the system to post your
message, but it won't be archived (and many people won't
respond to it) as long as you're an unregistered user.
You don't have to give your real name or anything,
and it's free. I can understand why you might not
want to give them your Safeway discount card number,
but you can always get an extra card from Safeway
just for that purpose, and not give them the number
on your "real" card. (Of course, that's dishonest,
but there's no way you're ever going to get caught
and let's just say it wouldn't surprise me if there
were people around here who did exactly that. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sara Ann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm Sara Ann Denson, children's author. Looking for advice on using
> slow cooker with the double pans inside. Any great side-by-side
> cooking ideas for the holidays?
>
> Yours,
> Sara Ann
>

> ******************************
> author, "Christmas Turtles"
> -about a Grandmother's candy making tradition
> www.saraanndenson.com

I've never used one but it seems like it would make a perfect "keep warm"
type thing for holiday side dishes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Nov 2006 08:28:32 -0800, "Sara Ann" >
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm Sara Ann Denson, children's author. Looking for advice on using
>slow cooker with the double pans inside. Any great side-by-side
>cooking ideas for the holidays?

I can't even begin.... because I have no idea what a side-by-side slow
cooker is.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sara Ann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm Sara Ann Denson, children's author. Looking for advice on using
> slow cooker with the double pans inside. Any great side-by-side
> cooking ideas for the holidays?
>
> Yours,
> Sara Ann

I've never seen one of those things - BTW, ignore Mark Thorson's post,
he's just fooling with your brain.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> I've never seen one of those things - BTW, ignore Mark Thorson's post,
> he's just fooling with your brain.

What are you talking about, Nancy? I had to register with
rec.food.cooking before I was even allowed to lurk?!

-j.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'm Sara Ann Denson, children's author. Looking for advice on using
> slow cooker with the double pans inside. Any great side-by-side
> cooking ideas for the holidays?

Is this a warming device? Or do you actually cook in it? If it's the
latter, I've never heard of such a device.

I have an electric turkey roaster that came with a tray that fits over
the top and 3 loaf-pan-sized areas to keep food warm. You could
probably put in anything buffet style - stuffed mushroom caps, mashed
potatoes, gravy?

-j.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sara Ann wrote:

> wrote:
> > >

> > Is this a warming device? Or do you actually cook in it? If it's the
> > latter, I've never heard of such a device.
> >
> > I have an electric turkey roaster that came with a tray that fits over
> > the top and 3 loaf-pan-sized areas to keep food warm. You could
> > probably put in anything buffet style - stuffed mushroom caps, mashed
> > potatoes, gravy?
> >
> > -j.

> Thanks for the welcome all.
>
> It's a slow cooker essentially but bigger than the average size. The
> metal inserts divide it in two so that you can make two dishes instead
> of one. Got it for Christmas a few years ago and rarely use it b/c the
> portions are way too big for us. If I can figure something to do with
> the two inserts so that I can make two things at once I'd prob use it a
> lot more.
>
> Stuffed mushroom caps sounds good. There was a great breakfast
> casserole that works with the main cooker, but not sure if the inserts
> are going to cook the same. You fill the bottom section with water and
> they heat up the inserts when they're in. Might be I'm over thinking
> this and should just start playing around with it. I have a small
> kitchen and I need to figure it out this year or get rid of it
> althogether.
>
> Sara Ann

I'll jump in here and say that it sounds more like a "Nesco" type
roaster than a slow cooker? Could that be what it is? What is the
brand name?.....Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'll jump in here and say that it sounds more like a "Nesco" type
> roaster than a slow cooker? Could that be what it is? What is the
> brand name?.....Sharon

It's GE - front says "Double-Bowl Slow Cooker" Looks like a giant
crock pot. It is good for keeping things warm, but hoping to have more
space to cook with it - especially cook while working and come home to
hot meal.

Sara Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sara Ann wrote:

> > I'll jump in here and say that it sounds more like a "Nesco" type
> > roaster than a slow cooker? Could that be what it is? What is the
> > brand name?.....Sharon

> It's GE - front says "Double-Bowl Slow Cooker" Looks like a giant
> crock pot. It is good for keeping things warm, but hoping to have more
> space to cook with it - especially cook while working and come home to
> hot meal.
>
> Sara Ann

Sara Ann, I just googled GE double dish slow cooker and came up with a
site that said Walmart was recalling that model and a single dish model
too. It's been reported that the handles break. I hope you can take it
back to the store. In the meantime, please be careful.....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanks, Sharon!

Yikes! Thanks for letting me know, Sharon. I wonder if I can get my
money back. I had asked for a small crock pot that Christmas, but mom
always buys on the large size. You should see the sweaters she gets
me.

Sara Ann

> > Sara Ann

> Sara Ann, I just googled GE double dish slow cooker and came up with a
> site that said Walmart was recalling that model and a single dish model
> too. It's been reported that the handles break. I hope you can take it
> back to the store. In the meantime, please be careful.....Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sara Ann wrote:

> Yikes! Thanks for letting me know, Sharon. I wonder if I can get my
> money back. I had asked for a small crock pot that Christmas, but mom
> always buys on the large size. You should see the sweaters she gets
> me.
>
> Sara Ann
>
> > > Sara Ann

> > Sara Ann, I just googled GE double dish slow cooker and came up with a
> > site that said Walmart was recalling that model and a single dish model
> > too. It's been reported that the handles break. I hope you can take it
> > back to the store. In the meantime, please be careful.....Sharon

Maybe you can find out where she bought it. If it's defective and
there is a recall, most stores that sell that item should honour the
recall and either refund or replace it with a similar item, even without
a receipt. IF you explain that it was a gift......hope this
helps...Sharon