Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poor Kilikini!!!!!!

I haven't seen much discussion on this board about Kilikini's new
surgery, so I assume that very few of you know exactly what is going on
with her.

She a very aggressive tumor removed in late June, but the tumor
reappeared. I know that in one post she said it had spread to her arm
and the doctors thought they might have to amputate her arm. On top of
that, she was diagnosed with a liver disorder and she was told if her
treatment didn't work, she might need a transplant! She said that this
has nothing to do with her drinking - - she said on another website
that she has cut down to only 6 beers a day (down from 12). In fact,
the doctors said that she could have up to two drinks a day. She just
had to radically modify her diet (no leafy greens, etc.).

Anyhow, she had surgery this past Tuesday, and her website
(www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini) said that she DIED on the table,
but fortunately they were able to resusciate her! I read on another
newsgroup that she told Damsel that she was sure she would die during
the surgery, and I guess her premonition came true. Thankfully, they
got her back to life!!!! The poor woman has been through so much with
her health lately!

Her financial health hasn't been so great lately, either. Allan (her
husband) has had to take off a lot of work to get her to and from the
clinic (5 hours away), and she said that they were behind in their rent
and their electric was about to be cut off.

It makes you wonder how one person can handle! She said on another
website that her recuperation period may be up to a year, so she's
certainly got a long road ahead of her.

Thought you all might like to know so you could keep her in your
thoughts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I haven't seen much discussion on this board about Kilikini's new
> surgery, so I assume that very few of you know exactly what is going on
> with her.

This is coming back for you. As inevitably as death.

I'm glad I'm not you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:04:12 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>there is real evil in the world. It's in this poster like a cancer eating
>her away.

Her post was appalling, I agree.

I'm on the phone with Christy right now. She's home! I'll make an
update toi the site when we finish gabbing. <G>

Special K Update 11-25-2006 07:45 PM
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

What is so appalling about what I've written? I don't understand this
hostility. If I was out of line for mentioning the drinks, then I
apologize. I stated that because some people assume that the liver
disorder is associated with drinking, but it is not.

Glad to hear that Kili is home.

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:04:12 -0500, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
> >there is real evil in the world. It's in this poster like a cancer eating
> >her away.

> Her post was appalling, I agree.
>
> I'm on the phone with Christy right now. She's home! I'll make an
> update toi the site when we finish gabbing. <G>
>
> --
> Special K Update 11-25-2006 07:45 PM
> www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> What is so appalling about what I've written? I don't understand this
> hostility. If I was out of line for mentioning the drinks, then I
> apologize. I stated that because some people assume that the liver
> disorder is associated with drinking, but it is not.

Don't assume people don't see through you, bitch. Your motives were clear.
Subtlety is not your strong suit, "jennyskeptic."

Better watch your ass. Karma's a bitch. There might be a few cancer cells
out there with your name on them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote:

> I'm on the phone with Christy right now. She's home! I'll make an
> update toi the site when we finish gabbing. <G>

Thanks! Tell her many of us are thinking about her and pulling for her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> What is so appalling about what I've written? I don't understand this
>> hostility. If I was out of line for mentioning the drinks, then I
>> apologize. I stated that because some people assume that the liver
>> disorder is associated with drinking, but it is not.

> Don't assume people don't see through you, bitch. Your motives were clear.
> Subtlety is not your strong suit, "jennyskeptic."
>
> Better watch your ass. Karma's a bitch. There might be a few cancer cells
> out there with your name on them.

12 beers a day *is* a bit much. Other than that, I agree with you, for a
change.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 05:30:25p, Damsel in dis Dress meant to say...

> Thanks for that, Pam. You're a truly beautiful person.
>
> I just put through an update on the website. Kili is VERY happy to be
> home!
>
> --
> Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
> www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/

Your update was wonderful and very encouraging news, Carol!

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:42:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>12 beers a day *is* a bit much. Other than that, I agree with you, for a
>change.

I'm discussing this with Chrsity right now. She has mentioned Allan
bringing home 12 packs, but they're for BOTH of them, and there are
usually some left over.

She's upset that this coward posted so much personal information about
her, especially since some of it isn't even true.

Jenny, Karma is not your friend.

Special K Update 11-25-2006 07:45 PM
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:42:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>12 beers a day *is* a bit much. Other than that, I agree with you, for a
>>change.

> I'm discussing this with Chrsity right now. She has mentioned Allan
> bringing home 12 packs, but they're for BOTH of them, and there are
> usually some left over.

People can say *anything* about *anyone.*

Nobody with any sense listens to cowards like this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote:
> >
> > I'm on the phone with Christy right now. She's home! I'll make an
> > update toi the site when we finish gabbing. <G>
> >

> Thanks! Tell her many of us are thinking about her and pulling for her.

Praise --- from whom all blessings flow. May ---- bless her keep her and
make the sun shine upon her face. May --- make all the rest of her days
bearable and treat her with lightness and forbearance. I ask this in ---
name.

Sue in Maine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> What is so appalling about what I've written? I don't understand this
> hostility. If I was out of line for mentioning the drinks, then I
> apologize. I stated that because some people assume that the liver
> disorder is associated with drinking, but it is not.
>
> Glad to hear that Kili is home.

SPNAK!

Go **** yerself, whore.

--
TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Nov 2006 16:13:34 -0800, "pamjd" > wrote:

wrote:
>> What is so appalling about what I've written? I don't understand this
>> hostility. If I was out of line for mentioning the drinks, then I
>> apologize. I stated that because some people assume that the liver
>> disorder is associated with drinking, but it is not.
>>
>> Glad to hear that Kili is home.

>It really is not our place to judge others lives, pain or personhood.
>Is it?

Thanks for that, Pam. You're a truly beautiful person.

I just put through an update on the website. Kili is VERY happy to be
home!

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-11-27, Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> I just put through an update on the website. Kili is VERY happy to be
> home!

Yay!

You might relay to her about getting her meds from Costco (is Sam's
Club the same?) if there's one around. They are the cheapest pharmacy
in the US, sometimes as much as 70% discount. Also, most folks don't
realize you do not need to be a member to buy from Costco's pharmacy.
They have to sell meds to the general public at their hugely
discounted prices.

nb.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:42:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
> >12 beers a day *is* a bit much. Other than that, I agree with you, for a
> >change.

> I'm discussing this with Chrsity right now. She has mentioned Allan
> bringing home 12 packs, but they're for BOTH of them, and there are
> usually some left over.
>
> She's upset that this coward posted so much personal information about
> her, especially since some of it isn't even true.
>
> Jenny, Karma is not your friend.
>
> --
> Special K Update 11-25-2006 07:45 PM
> www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/

One staunch friend is a key to survival when everything else in life is on
fire.

Christie/Kili, you rock. You do have friends around the world, and there
is no reason to listen to ignorance.

Heck, you are home, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ??

Darlin, you are loved.

Sue in Maine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel wrote
> > I'm discussing this with Chrsity right now. She has mentioned Allan
> > bringing home 12 packs, but they're for BOTH of them, and there are
> > usually some left over.

No, she did say she was drinking twelve beers. I know, because on
another group she is in, she said she had cut down to six a day, and I
remember thinking wow, that was a lot. I was curious, so I did a
search to see what she cut down from.

From: kilikini - view profile
Date: Fri, Nov 21 2003 12:31 pm
Email: "kilikini" >
Groups: alt.beer
> I'd say six beers a day, every day, is a hell of a lot of drinking.>
> -Steve

Well, then in that case, I must really be really bad off to be a female
who
has been consuming at least 12 beers per day, EVERY day for the past 15

years or so. But then again, my roots are from Germany and I was born
and
raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - thus making me also a Cheesehead. I
believe I came out of the womb consuming beer and holding a chunk of
cheddar.

On a side note, just this week I went a full 24 hours without a beer
due to
lack of funds. I felt fine, but I had to drink water constantly so
that the
"habit" of holding a glass was still in play.

If beer didn't contain alcohol, I think I'd still consume it anyway.

Kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 06:51:43p, Steve Wertz meant to say...

> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:05:42 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> notbob wrote:
>>
>>> You might relay to her about getting her meds from Costco (is Sam's
>>> Club the same?) if there's one around. They are the cheapest pharmacy
>>> in the US, sometimes as much as 70% discount. Also, most folks don't
>>> realize you do not need to be a member to buy from Costco's pharmacy.
>>> They have to sell meds to the general public at their hugely
>>> discounted prices.

>> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
>> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

> Unfortunately all those drugs on the $4 plan are the least
> perscribed dosages and medications. It helps to take the list to
> the doctor *before* he prescribes you anything - that way they
> can write the script to say take 2 250mg pills (which are
> covered) rather than 1 500mg pill (that isn't covered).

Actually, that's not altogether true. I just filled a prescription at
WalMart for a 1000 mg tablet that I had previously been taking 2 500 mg
tablets of, obtained through my health insurance. The WalMart prescription
was $4.00.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> You might relay to her about getting her meds from Costco (is Sam's
> Club the same?) if there's one around. They are the cheapest pharmacy
> in the US, sometimes as much as 70% discount. Also, most folks don't
> realize you do not need to be a member to buy from Costco's pharmacy.
> They have to sell meds to the general public at their hugely
> discounted prices.

And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's $4.00 per
prescription can save a bunch.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> No, she did say she was drinking twelve beers. I know, because on
> another group she is in, she said she had cut down to six a day, and I
> remember thinking wow, that was a lot. I was curious, so I did a
> search to see what she cut down from.
>
> From: kilikini - view profile

Another group, eh?

Rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, perhaps?

hahaha

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 06:57:04p, Steve Wertz meant to say...

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:22:29 GMT, jay wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:05:42 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
>>

>>> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
>>> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

>> Wal-Mart publishes a list of generics that are available for 4$. Many
>> generics are not available for 4$.. and those not on the *list* remain
>> priced exorbitantly.

> HEB does it also. Like I said - take the list with you and have
> the doctor prescribe you smaller doses (or alternate drugs) that
> you can take more often, or double up on.
>
> I had most of my scripts re-written for the list at HEB. For
> instance, I had ther dentist prescribe me 2/250mg Penicilln
> every 6 hours instead of 1/500 tab every 6 hours.

It doesn't work the same way at WalMart. If you are prescribed 2 tablets
of something to be taken at the same time, depending on what "usual" dose
is, you may be charged $8 instead of $4.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> No, she did say she was drinking twelve beers. I know, because on
> another group she is in, she said she had cut down to six a day, and I
> remember thinking wow, that was a lot. I was curious, so I did a
> search to see what she cut down from.
>
> From: kilikini - view profile
> Date: Fri, Nov 21 2003 12:31 pm
> Email: "kilikini" >
> Groups: alt.beer

Oops, my bad. It was alt.beer.

Now we know where to find you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2006 14:22:24 -0800, wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen much discussion on this board about Kilikini's new
>> surgery, so I assume that very few of you know exactly what is going
>> on with her.

> I've been reading the updates at the link in Damsel's .sig. I don't
> think that discussion on this newsgroup (not board) is the only way of
> telling if someone's paying attention to what's going on.
>
> Serene

Exactly right, Serene. I've been reading the updates on
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini. I also know a number of people from
one of the cat ng's contacted me about sending cards to her house. With her
husband's permission I asked these folks to email me for the address. Lots
of people know about what's going on with her.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>
>> You might relay to her about getting her meds from Costco (is Sam's
>> Club the same?) if there's one around. They are the cheapest
>> pharmacy in the US, sometimes as much as 70% discount. Also, most
>> folks don't realize you do not need to be a member to buy from
>> Costco's pharmacy. They have to sell meds to the general public at
>> their hugely discounted prices.

> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

I think WalMart is the only game in town where they live (other than maybe
some small pharmacies that have to charge premium prices to stay in
business).

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2006 16:13:34 -0800, "pamjd" > wrote:
>
> wrote:
> >> What is so appalling about what I've written? I don't understand this
> >> hostility. If I was out of line for mentioning the drinks, then I
> >> apologize. I stated that because some people assume that the liver
> >> disorder is associated with drinking, but it is not.
> >>
> >> Glad to hear that Kili is home.

> >It really is not our place to judge others lives, pain or personhood.
> >Is it?

> Thanks for that, Pam. You're a truly beautiful person.
>
> I just put through an update on the website. Kili is VERY happy to be
> home!
>
> --
> Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
> www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/

I am so glad to hear she is home. I don't know Kili very well but I am
totally appalled at the OP. If she is so concerned, why hasn't she paid
attention to the updates you have posted. I have. To say the things she
said is deplorable behavior. Please tell Kili that there are those of
us who do not know her that don't believe what that bitvh said. We are
praying for her and admire how well she has handled this whole ordeal.
She is a true champoin.
Vickie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 07:29:05p, Steve Wertz meant to say...

> On 27 Nov 2006 03:10:23 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 06:57:04p, Steve Wertz meant to say...

>>> HEB does it also. Like I said - take the list with you and have
>>> the doctor prescribe you smaller doses (or alternate drugs) that
>>> you can take more often, or double up on.
>>>
>>> I had most of my scripts re-written for the list at HEB. For
>>> instance, I had ther dentist prescribe me 2/250mg Penicilln every 6
>>> hours instead of 1/500 tab every 6 hours.

>> It doesn't work the same way at WalMart. If you are prescribed 2
>> tablets of something to be taken at the same time, depending on what
>> "usual" dose is, you may be charged $8 instead of $4.

> Well, another reason not to like Walmart.

The only thing I dislike abouyt WalMart is the crowds of people. I usually
avoid that by shopping at times when the crowds are minimal.

As far as $4 prescriptions go, WalMart is the only place offering them in
the Phoenix area.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:05:42 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:

>> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
>> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

> Wal-Mart publishes a list of generics that are available for 4$. Many
> generics are not available for 4$.. and those not on the *list* remain
> priced exorbitantly.

And many *are* available. Perhaps even some that Kili needs. Sheesh.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Unfortunately all those drugs on the $4 plan are the least
> perscribed dosages and medications. It helps to take the list to
> the doctor *before* he prescribes you anything - that way they
> can write the script to say take 2 250mg pills (which are
> covered) rather than 1 500mg pill (that isn't covered).

I agree with that Steve, and the pharmicist can actually call the Dr. to
make changes to the scripts if there are dosage issues. However, I don't
agree about the generics being the least prescibed. In our family, we have
yet to have a medication available in a generic prescription that Walmart
doesn't carry on the program's formulary. Kili can call and learn if her
'scripts are carried at Walmart. If they are great, if not she isn't out
anything.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 07:59:24p, jmcquown meant to say...

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion...icdruglist.pdf

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately all those drugs on the $4 plan are the least
>> perscribed dosages and medications. It helps to take the list to
>> the doctor *before* he prescribes you anything - that way they
>> can write the script to say take 2 250mg pills (which are
>> covered) rather than 1 500mg pill (that isn't covered).

>I agree with that Steve, and the pharmicist can actually call the Dr. to
>make changes to the scripts if there are dosage issues. However, I don't
>agree about the generics being the least prescibed. In our family, we have
>yet to have a medication available in a generic prescription that Walmart
>doesn't carry on the program's formulary. Kili can call and learn if her
>'scripts are carried at Walmart. If they are great, if not she isn't out
>anything.

Here's the pdf file of the drugs that are available for $4 each:
i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Floridagenericdruglist.pdf

Are you reading this, TFM?

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:12:39p, Steve Wertz meant to say...

> On 27 Nov 2006 03:39:47 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> The only thing I dislike abouyt WalMart is the crowds of people.

> I hate *everything* about Walmart, and for which it stands.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

I can often save money shopping there, and that's what I need to do.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 07:51:55p, Janet B. meant to say...

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> jay wrote:

>>> Wal-Mart publishes a list of generics that are available for 4$. Many
>>> generics are not available for 4$.. and those not on the *list* remain
>>> priced exorbitantly.

>> And many *are* available. Perhaps even some that Kili needs. Sheesh.
>> --
>> Dave
>> www.davebbq.com
>>

> And quite often, if it is a drug that will be used by you for a long
> period of time, a 90-day supply can save you as much as 50% over buying
> a 30-day-at-a-time.
> Janet

Three of the generic medications I take are more expensive ($25)for a 90-
day supply through mail-order with my health insurance than the $4 per
month WalMart prescriptions. One is only $7 and some odd cents for a 90-
day supply, which is cheaper than WalMart.

Everyone's needs are different, but it pays to check it out.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

RIP Kilikini Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 8 29-12-2010 03:56 AM
RIP Kilikini Chemiker General Cooking 7 28-12-2010 09:53 PM
Poor, poor, unfortunate Sheldon brooklyn1 General Cooking 10 05-02-2010 10:29 PM
About Kilikini and posting about Kilikini Theron General Cooking 4 07-12-2008 11:55 PM