Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poor Kilikini!!!!!!

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:30:00p, Damsel in dis Dress meant to say...

> On 27 Nov 2006 03:20:03 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>
>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

> THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

But doesn't that page lead to the pdf charts?

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> jay wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:05:42 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:

>>> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
>>> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

>> Wal-Mart publishes a list of generics that are available for 4$. Many
>> generics are not available for 4$.. and those not on the *list* remain
>> priced exorbitantly.

> And many *are* available. Perhaps even some that Kili needs. Sheesh.
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

And quite often, if it is a drug that will be used by you for a long period
of time, a 90-day supply can save you as much as 50% over buying a
30-day-at-a-time.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:05:33 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately all those drugs on the $4 plan are the least
>>> perscribed dosages and medications. It helps to take the list to
>>> the doctor *before* he prescribes you anything - that way they
>>> can write the script to say take 2 250mg pills (which are
>>> covered) rather than 1 500mg pill (that isn't covered).

>> I agree with that Steve, and the pharmicist can actually call the
>> Dr. to make changes to the scripts if there are dosage issues.
>> However, I don't agree about the generics being the least prescibed.
>> In our family, we have yet to have a medication available in a
>> generic prescription that Walmart doesn't carry on the program's
>> formulary. Kili can call and learn if her 'scripts are carried at
>> Walmart. If they are great, if not she isn't out anything.

> Here's the pdf file of the drugs that are available for $4 each:
> i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Floridagenericdruglist.pdf
>
> Are you reading this, TFM?

I can't open the link to the pdf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:50:59p, jmcquown meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 07:59:24p, jmcquown meant to say...

>>> I can't open the link to the pdf

>> http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion...icdruglist.pdf

> Ah, thanks Wayne! I found the two medications prescribed for my IBS
> (and yes, my doctor prescribes the generics and also the minimum
> required but with refills). I've never thought about going to a WalMart
> pharmacy before. I rarely venture into WalMart, not because of some
> deep-seated hatred of the company but simply because it's not very
> convenient. Still if it will save me money and he calls and ups the
> amounts, that's fine. I usually have to rely on him to give me samples
> because even the generics at places like Walgreen's are expensive as can
> be. There is no HEB around here.
>
> Jill

Glad you found some hits on your meds. Definitely consider switching.
Since I recently switched to WalMart, I'm saving over 50% on the very same
generics I was getting through my health care insurance.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:56:29p, kilikini meant to say...

> Dave Bugg wrote:
>> notbob wrote:
>>
>>> You might relay to her about getting her meds from Costco (is Sam's
>>> Club the same?) if there's one around. They are the cheapest
>>> pharmacy in the US, sometimes as much as 70% discount. Also, most
>>> folks don't realize you do not need to be a member to buy from
>>> Costco's pharmacy. They have to sell meds to the general public at
>>> their hugely discounted prices.

>> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
>> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

> Dave, I hate to use Wally World, but it's pretty much all we have around
> here. My antibiotics (I'm on 3, btw) cost in total over $100 at Wally
> World's prices. Generic even. How in the world do "they" get away with
> this?
>
> kili
> --

Wow, you're here! That's amazing and wonderful and incredible!!! I can't
tell you how great it is to see your name!

You might want to contact the drug companies (even the generic mfgs.)
directly. Some are literally giving away medications under special
circumstances. You may qualify.

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in news:4sv2keF11brogU1
@mid.individual.net:

>> Here's the pdf file of the drugs that are available for $4 each:
>> i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Floridagenericdruglist.pdf
>>
>> Are you reading this, TFM?

> I can't open the link to the pdf

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion...icdruglist.pdf

From........

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

It also has a list of the States where they are available.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote:

>On 27 Nov 2006 03:39:47 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> The only thing I dislike abouyt WalMart is the crowds of people.

>I hate *everything* about Walmart, and for which it stands.

It's because of Wal-Mart that I have to keep track of the fact that,
when I buy socks, I have to buy ones labeled two sizes bigger than my
actual size. I kind of resent that.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Nov 2006 03:20:03 GMT, PeterL > wrote:

>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> I just put through an update on the website. Kili is VERY happy to be
> home!

Yay! Many healing thoughts coming her way.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On 27 Nov 2006 03:39:47 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> The only thing I dislike abouyt WalMart is the crowds of people.

> I hate *everything* about Walmart, and for which it stands.

I think it is so wonderful that you have found something to be passionate
about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
news
> On 27 Nov 2006 03:20:03 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>
>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

> THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

No sweat......... Google is my friend ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 09:23:57p, kilikini meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:56:29p, kilikini meant to say...

>>> Dave, I hate to use Wally World, but it's pretty much all we have
>>> around here. My antibiotics (I'm on 3, btw) cost in total over $100
>>> at Wally World's prices. Generic even. How in the world do "they"
>>> get away with this?
>>>
>>> kili
>>> --

>> Wow, you're here! That's amazing and wonderful and incredible!!! I
>> can't tell you how great it is to see your name!
>>
>> You might want to contact the drug companies (even the generic mfgs.)
>> directly. Some are literally giving away medications under special
>> circumstances. You may qualify.

> I would have never thought of that, Wayne. I'll check into that. Wally
> World didn't even carry the pain meds the doc prescribed, so I'm going
> pain-med free. It isn't fun, but I'm dealing. One major thing I've
> noticed that's kind of funny; I live in an older house and older houses
> had toilets that were higher! All the way home from the hospital, when
> I had to "go", it was really painful because the toilets were so low.
> I'm happy to report, I don't have to suffer at home!!! :~) (Hey, it's
> the small things.........)

All medications, brand name or generic, are rediculously priced today.
Even with reasonably good health insurance my 90-day generic drugs were
costing $25. I was lucky to find them on WalMarts $4 list. I don't know
how you're dealing without the pain meds, but you've got a lot of courage.

Yes, today's average toilets are so damned low to the floor that you really
feel like you're squatting. :-) We specified "hi-rise" toilets in our new
house. We're just getting too old to squat that low anymore, and David has
very bad arthritic knees.

Here'a real pip of a med that probably few people are aware of the cost.
The pre/during chemo drug, Neulasta, is given by injection at bi-weekly
intervals. The cost is $3,000/shot. A co-worker's husband has had two
injections of it and his insurance paid $2,400 of the the $3,000. However,
he has maxed out his insurance until January.

Life really is a bitch!

I'm so glad you're home!!!

--
Wayne Boatwright

You're not as real as you think you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 07:59:24p, jmcquown meant to say...
>
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:05:33 -0800, "Dave Bugg"

>>> Here's the pdf file of the drugs that are available for $4 each:
>>> i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Floridagenericdruglist.pdf
>>>
>>> Are you reading this, TFM?

>> I can't open the link to the pdf

> http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion...icdruglist.pdf

Ah, thanks Wayne! I found the two medications prescribed for my IBS (and
yes, my doctor prescribes the generics and also the minimum required but
with refills). I've never thought about going to a WalMart pharmacy before.
I rarely venture into WalMart, not because of some deep-seated hatred of the
company but simply because it's not very convenient. Still if it will save
me money and he calls and ups the amounts, that's fine. I usually have to
rely on him to give me samples because even the generics at places like
Walgreen's are expensive as can be. There is no HEB around here.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Damsel wrote
>>> I'm discussing this with Chrsity right now. She has mentioned Allan
>>> bringing home 12 packs, but they're for BOTH of them, and there are
>>> usually some left over.

> No, she did say she was drinking twelve beers. I know, because on
> another group she is in, she said she had cut down to six a day, and I
> remember thinking wow, that was a lot. I was curious, so I did a
> search to see what she cut down from.
>
> From: kilikini - view profile
> Date: Fri, Nov 21 2003 12:31 pm
> Email: "kilikini" >
> Groups: alt.beer
>> I'd say six beers a day, every day, is a hell of a lot of drinking.>
>> -Steve

> Well, then in that case, I must really be really bad off to be a
> female who
> has been consuming at least 12 beers per day, EVERY day for the past
> 15
>
> years or so. But then again, my roots are from Germany and I was born
> and
> raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - thus making me also a Cheesehead. I
> believe I came out of the womb consuming beer and holding a chunk of
> cheddar.
>
> On a side note, just this week I went a full 24 hours without a beer
> due to
> lack of funds. I felt fine, but I had to drink water constantly so
> that the
> "habit" of holding a glass was still in play.
>
> If beer didn't contain alcohol, I think I'd still consume it anyway.
>
> Kilikini

Steppin' in and *so* sorry for doing so because it *is* about me. Um, look
at the date on the post you re-posted, jennie piece o' crap. That was 2003;
um, 4 years ago. I don't drink that much anymore, sweetheart. Not nearly.
And, you had to scroll through alt.beer to find it????? I was brewing beer
back then on Maui, for gosh sakes!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>
>> You might relay to her about getting her meds from Costco (is Sam's
>> Club the same?) if there's one around. They are the cheapest
>> pharmacy in the US, sometimes as much as 70% discount. Also, most
>> folks don't realize you do not need to be a member to buy from
>> Costco's pharmacy. They have to sell meds to the general public at
>> their hugely discounted prices.

> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

Dave, I hate to use Wally World, but it's pretty much all we have around
here. My antibiotics (I'm on 3, btw) cost in total over $100 at Wally
World's prices. Generic even. How in the world do "they" get away with
this?

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

> No, she did say she was drinking twelve beers. I know, because on
> another group she is in, she said she had cut down to six a day, and I
> remember thinking wow, that was a lot. I was curious, so I did a
> search to see what she cut down from.

Kevin S Wilson incarnate!

Looking forward to meeting you, my dear.

--
TFM®
Have you ever really needed to just knock the **** out of a stupid ass

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:05:33 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately all those drugs on the $4 plan are the least
>>> perscribed dosages and medications. It helps to take the list to
>>> the doctor *before* he prescribes you anything - that way they
>>> can write the script to say take 2 250mg pills (which are
>>> covered) rather than 1 500mg pill (that isn't covered).

>> I agree with that Steve, and the pharmicist can actually call the
>> Dr. to make changes to the scripts if there are dosage issues.
>> However, I don't agree about the generics being the least prescibed.
>> In our family, we have yet to have a medication available in a
>> generic prescription that Walmart doesn't carry on the program's
>> formulary. Kili can call and learn if her 'scripts are carried at
>> Walmart. If they are great, if not she isn't out anything.

> Here's the pdf file of the drugs that are available for $4 each:
> i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Floridagenericdruglist.pdf
>
> Are you reading this, TFM?

I'll forward it on to him if he isn't reading, Dams, t'anks!

kili

--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Nov 2006 04:36:23 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:30:00p, Damsel in dis Dress meant to say...
>
>> On 27 Nov 2006 03:20:03 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

>> THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

>But doesn't that page lead to the pdf charts?

Nope, all the states and drugs are listed on that one page. Minnesota
isn't included in WalMart's program, but Target is nationwide.

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Nov 2006 03:46:51 GMT, PeterL > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
>news >
>> On 27 Nov 2006 03:20:03 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

>> THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

>No sweat......... Google is my friend ;-)

Apparently, Google doesn't like me as much as it likes you. <G>

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:56:29 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Dave, I hate to use Wally World, but it's pretty much all we have around
>here. My antibiotics (I'm on 3, btw) cost in total over $100 at Wally
>World's prices. Generic even. How in the world do "they" get away with
>this?

While I'm glad that you received your other medical care free of
charge, I'm saddened that your prescriptions aren't covered. Do you
think your doctor would consider changing some of the scripts to some
that are covered under the discount plan?

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> On 27 Nov 2006 03:46:51 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>
>>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
>>news >>

>>> THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

>>No sweat......... Google is my friend ;-)

> Apparently, Google doesn't like me as much as it likes you. <G>

LOL!! Reminds me of a tshirt my SO wants. It says.........
"God loves you, but I'm His favourite" :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> On 27 Nov 2006 04:36:23 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:30:00p, Damsel in dis Dress meant to
>>say...

>>> THANK YOU! Finally, a link that isn't in pdf form.

>>But doesn't that page lead to the pdf charts?

> Nope, all the states and drugs are listed on that one page. Minnesota
> isn't included in WalMart's program, but Target is nationwide.

Boatwrite doesn't read too well, his headbands are wound too tight!!

As you said, the link above isn't in pdf form.

Where you go from there is up to you :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:56:29p, kilikini meant to say...
>
>> Dave Bugg wrote:

>>> And if any of the drugs are obtainable in generic form, Wal-Mart's
>>> $4.00 per prescription can save a bunch.

>> Dave, I hate to use Wally World, but it's pretty much all we have
>> around here. My antibiotics (I'm on 3, btw) cost in total over $100
>> at Wally World's prices. Generic even. How in the world do "they"
>> get away with this?
>>
>> kili
>> --

> Wow, you're here! That's amazing and wonderful and incredible!!! I
> can't tell you how great it is to see your name!
>
> You might want to contact the drug companies (even the generic mfgs.)
> directly. Some are literally giving away medications under special
> circumstances. You may qualify.

I would have never thought of that, Wayne. I'll check into that. Wally
World didn't even carry the pain meds the doc prescribed, so I'm going
pain-med free. It isn't fun, but I'm dealing. One major thing I've noticed
that's kind of funny; I live in an older house and older houses had toilets
that were higher! All the way home from the hospital, when I had to "go",
it was really painful because the toilets were so low. I'm happy to report,
I don't have to suffer at home!!! :~) (Hey, it's the small
things.........)

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TFM® wrote:

> Thanks Dave, we love you too. I appreciate you standing up to this
> quivering pile of camel smegma.

No problem, Amigo.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:56:29 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> Dave, I hate to use Wally World, but it's pretty much all we have
>> around here. My antibiotics (I'm on 3, btw) cost in total over $100
>> at Wally World's prices. Generic even. How in the world do "they"
>> get away with this?

> While I'm glad that you received your other medical care free of
> charge, I'm saddened that your prescriptions aren't covered. Do you
> think your doctor would consider changing some of the scripts to some
> that are covered under the discount plan?

I don't have any insurance, Dams. As you said, Mayo/St. Luke's Hospital
covered my inpatient care (thank GOD!) but not scripts. I don't have a
discount plan; I was just inpatient "indigent care"; no scripts were ever
covered. I just can't believe that one antibiotic alone, for 20 pills is
$74???? That sounds insane.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> Apparently, Google doesn't like me as much as it likes you. <G>

>LOL!! Reminds me of a tshirt my SO wants. It says.........
>"God loves you, but I'm His favourite" :-)

Hey, I like that! Get it for her!

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 04:27:21 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>I don't have any insurance, Dams. As you said, Mayo/St. Luke's Hospital
>covered my inpatient care (thank GOD!) but not scripts. I don't have a
>discount plan; I was just inpatient "indigent care"; no scripts were ever
>covered. I just can't believe that one antibiotic alone, for 20 pills is
>$74???? That sounds insane.

Let's hope we can all get our heads together and find some way to make
your recovery more affordable.

Hugs,
Carol

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> wrote:
>> Damsel wrote

>> No, she did say she was drinking twelve beers. I know, because on
>> another group she is in, she said she had cut down to six a day, and
>> I remember thinking wow, that was a lot. I was curious, so I did a
>> search to see what she cut down from.
>>
>> From: kilikini - view profile
>> Date: Fri, Nov 21 2003 12:31 pm
>> Email: "kilikini" >
>> Groups: alt.beer
>>> I'd say six beers a day, every day, is a hell of a lot of drinking.>
>>> -Steve

>> Well, then in that case, I must really be really bad off to be a
>> female who
>>

> Steppin' in and *so* sorry for doing so because it *is* about me.
> Um, look at the date on the post you re-posted, jennie piece o' crap.
> That was 2003; um, 4 years ago. I don't drink that much anymore,
> sweetheart. Not nearly. And, you had to scroll through alt.beer to
> find it????? I was brewing beer back then on Maui, for gosh sakes!
>
> kili

Kili!!!!! Yeah, I pointed out the age of her post in my reply. A LOT can
(and obviously has) changed in the last 3-4 years. Back in the 1990's I
used to shut down a neighborhood bar, drinking wine with my friends Paula,
Diane and Janet practically every night after work. From happy hour until
sometimes 2AM on weekends. Do I do that anymore? Hell no. Have I done
that in the last 15 years? Hell no.

But I didn't really take offense about the comment on drinking. I didn't
like the suggestion that no one was paying attention to what was going on
with you. Shows she hasn't been paying attention, at the very least. I
sure don't recognize her name.

I'm glad you're home, sweetie!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> On 27 Nov 2006 04:17:26 GMT, PeterL > wrote:
>
>>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
m:

>>> Apparently, Google doesn't like me as much as it likes you. <G>

>>LOL!! Reminds me of a tshirt my SO wants. It says.........
>>"God loves you, but I'm His favourite" :-)

> Hey, I like that! Get it for her!

I will....... at the same time I'm going to get one for me.....

"I'm always in the shit, it's only the depth that varies" :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

:

>>>LOL!! Reminds me of a tshirt my SO wants. It says.........
>>>"God loves you, but I'm His favourite" :-)

>> Hey, I like that! Get it for her!

>I will....... at the same time I'm going to get one for me.....
>
>"I'm always in the shit, it's only the depth that varies" :-)

Perfect!

--
Special K Update SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2006 06:09 PM, CST
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini/

RIP Kilikini Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 8 29-12-2010 02:56 AM
RIP Kilikini Chemiker General Cooking 7 28-12-2010 08:53 PM
Poor, poor, unfortunate Sheldon brooklyn1 General Cooking 10 05-02-2010 09:29 PM
About Kilikini and posting about Kilikini Theron General Cooking 4 07-12-2008 10:55 PM