Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stainless Steel cleaning ball English/Chenese translation

My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
"ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.

PURPOSE:
Clear away the obstinate stain from the meatal, ceramics, glass,
foughs etc.

FEATU
Not harm the surface of the object, not breed the germ and
durability.

USAGE:
Put some lotions, soap powder on the serface if the object, then
using the ball clean if lightly with water, cleaning all with
water, cleaning if with water and put in the dry place after
using.

Exposition:
The steel, copper wire cleaning balls of our factory has reliable
quality, a complete standards of variety, welcome person alities
of various circeles hold frade falks and make orders in letter or
phone call.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
> steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
> She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
> translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
> buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
> "ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.
>

> PURPOSE:
> Clear away the obstinate stain from the meatal, ceramics, glass,
> foughs etc.
>
> FEATU
> Not harm the surface of the object, not breed the germ and
> durability.
>
> USAGE:
> Put some lotions, soap powder on the serface if the object, then
> using the ball clean if lightly with water, cleaning all with
> water, cleaning if with water and put in the dry place after
> using.
>
> Exposition:
> The steel, copper wire cleaning balls of our factory has reliable
> quality, a complete standards of variety, welcome person alities
> of various circeles hold frade falks and make orders in letter or
> phone call.

That's Chenglish- fun, huh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
> steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
> She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
> translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
> buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
> "ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.
>

> PURPOSE:
> Clear away the obstinate stain from the meatal, ceramics, glass,
> foughs etc.
>
> FEATU
> Not harm the surface of the object, not breed the germ and
> durability.
>
> USAGE:
> Put some lotions, soap powder on the serface if the object, then
> using the ball clean if lightly with water, cleaning all with
> water, cleaning if with water and put in the dry place after
> using.
>
> Exposition:
> The steel, copper wire cleaning balls of our factory has reliable
> quality, a complete standards of variety, welcome person alities
> of various circeles hold frade falks and make orders in letter or
> phone call.

If you find this amusing, go to engrish.com, you'll love it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
> steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
> She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
> translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
> buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
> "ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.
>
> PURPOSE:
> Clear away the obstinate stain from the meatal, ceramics, glass,
> foughs etc.
>
> FEATU
> Not harm the surface of the object, not breed the germ and
> durability.
>
> USAGE:
> Put some lotions, soap powder on the serface if the object, then
> using the ball clean if lightly with water, cleaning all with
> water, cleaning if with water and put in the dry place after
> using.
>
> Exposition:
> The steel, copper wire cleaning balls of our factory has reliable
> quality, a complete standards of variety, welcome person alities
> of various circeles hold frade falks and make orders in letter or
> phone call.

Gotta love it! It's like when Jay Leno reads some of the Chinese restaurant
menus during his "Headlines" segment on Monday nights.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

And another ignorant post. With each post you get stupider.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Dave Smith wrote:
> My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
> steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
> She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
> translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
> buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
> "ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.

Ok, now you translate it back into Chinese.

Uh huh. Thought so.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith a écrit :

> My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
> steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
> She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
> translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
> buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
> "ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.

The French version must be even funnier. Some years back, a colleague
bought an oil lamp. The translation into French must have been done by
a unilingual Japanese employee using Babelfish. After we had stopped
laughing, we reported the translation to Consumer Standards as it was
in fact unintelligible and could result in serious accidents. The
company, from the US, was obliged to have the instructions translated
by a professional.

I still have a photocopy of that in my papers...