Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bad Bakery - No Donut

So on Saturday the SO bought a coconut custard pie from the local
bakery. We've bought them from the same store before and they were
pretty good. This time however, the custard was lumpy and resembled
scrambled eggs more than custard.

He tried to take it back and was told that they couldn't. Of course his
mistake was doing this all over the phone. It is too easy to fluff off
someone on the phone, not so easy to do it to someone standing in front
of you.

Anyway, I took it back today. The girl at the counter used the same line
and I asked her to call the owner, even said please.

Next this old white haired lady comes out, and is furiously pounding the
register. She hands me the money and says "Don't you ever step foot in
here again." to which I replied that she didn't need to worry, both I
and friends would avoid the bakery.

What the hell happened to customer service? When did it die and why
wasn't I notified?

In case you're wondering, its Scialo Brothers Bakery on Atwells Avenue
in Providence, RI.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

T wrote:

> Next this old white haired lady comes out, and is furiously pounding the
> register. She hands me the money and says "Don't you ever step foot in
> here again." to which I replied that she didn't need to worry, both I
> and friends would avoid the bakery.

Yikes! Makes you wonder how they stayed in business at all.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> In case you're wondering, its Scialo Brothers Bakery on Atwells Avenue
> in Providence, RI.

I live in RI and have been to Scialo's before. They are without doubt the
most overrated bakery I've ever heard of. The only thing they have going for
them is the prime location right on Atwells Ave, which is commonly referred
to as "Federal Hill."

If you want real Italian bread, go to Buono's Bakery on Hartford Ave - best
bread in RI by far! Scialo's is nothing more than a tourist trap, and the
attitude of that old lady, who is one of the two sisters that co-own the
bakery, doesn't surprise me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

T wrote:
> So on Saturday the SO bought a coconut custard pie from the local
> bakery. We've bought them from the same store before and they were
> pretty good. This time however, the custard was lumpy and resembled
> scrambled eggs more than custard.
>
> He tried to take it back and was told that they couldn't. Of course his
> mistake was doing this all over the phone. It is too easy to fluff off
> someone on the phone, not so easy to do it to someone standing in front
> of you.
>
> Anyway, I took it back today. The girl at the counter used the same line
> and I asked her to call the owner, even said please.
>
> Next this old white haired lady comes out, and is furiously pounding the
> register. She hands me the money and says "Don't you ever step foot in
> here again." to which I replied that she didn't need to worry, both I
> and friends would avoid the bakery.
>
> What the hell happened to customer service? When did it die and why
> wasn't I notified?
>
> In case you're wondering, its Scialo Brothers Bakery on Atwells Avenue
> in Providence, RI.

Hmmm, if it wasn't an ethnic bakery, I'd suggest a letter tot he editor
of the Journal, but better safe than sorry when you're in RI....
(Do you suppose it was Mamma Scialo herself? I guess I'd be more
worried about mal occhio than Cosa Nostra.)

;-)

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

You must be an American liberal .....

It is ethical for a food vender to give money back
and deny you any future service .
What other choices does he have !!! Thats his best method !!

You buy there cause you want low price and high quality .
Thats unethical .

Highest quality is when men are free to buy where they want
and the vender is free to sell to who they wish .
Its called competition . The US govt has outlawed competition
for 180 years ! Its your unethical laws !!

Now for something even more difficult for common ppl
to understand .
Walmart offers money back and you can
buy more of it , but you have no power to buy elsewhere
to force competition on Walmart ...
They are the Government store ! You have no choice ,
you buy only at govt stores !
They fix prices and refuse "demand" ,
supply us with what they want to .

In a free country , a store goes bankrupt if even a few complaints
..
How many complainst do you think Walmart gets every minute ?
....in a free mkt , theres lots more competitors ....

Dont get a lawyer , dont waste your time , the USA middle class
will be losing its jobs ( 250 million ) and the next domino to fall
will be .............
the worlds population will start to drop .
next domino will be the end of poverty .....
next domino will be the end of all other races ( from natural
competition)
It took the world thousands of years to build pop to 6000 million ,

In only one generation , all poor will sterilize .....

donut blAndy General Cooking 2 05-06-2007 05:39 AM
Donut express kit Viviane Cooking Equipment 3 30-03-2005 09:47 PM
Donut express kit Viviane Cooking Equipment 0 28-03-2005 11:52 AM
Donut express kit Viviane Cooking Equipment 0 28-03-2005 11:52 AM
donut maker MJ General Cooking 18 26-11-2004 08:22 PM