Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ping Jay... shredded taco meat

Can you post your recipe for the stew dish you posted pictures of? That
looks wonderful... I'm guessing it's just a hodgepodge of peppers,
potatoes, tomatoes and onion?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...874d35/?hl=en#

~john

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6 Nov 2006 09:16:19 -0800, levelwave wrote:

> Can you post your recipe for the stew dish you posted pictures of? That
> looks wonderful... I'm guessing it's just a hodgepodge of peppers,
> potatoes, tomatoes and onion?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...874d35/?hl=en#
>

> ~john

*Tex Mex Stew*

2 - 2 1/2 lb blade cut chuck
Large onion quartered root end attached
2 or 3 poblano peppers quartered
1 large can whole tomatoes
10 cloves garlic smashed
chipotle in adobo (1 pepper or whatever you like heat wise)
chipotle chili power
potatoes
toasted cumin seeds ground
Mexican oregano
Soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce

Quarter the onions (leave root end on) and poblano peppers and add them to
a very hot pan.

It should look like this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...g/Image037.jpg

After you get good caramelization remove the poblanos and onion

Salt and black pepper on the beef along with toasted cumin, oregano and
chipotle chile powder

Sear the beef well on both sides and edges

Add the onions and poblanos back to the pot, along with potatoes, tomatoes
with juice, chipotle in adobo and garlic

Add the garlic to the top of the beef

It will look like this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...d/Image033.jpg

Splash of soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce

Braise at about ~250 - 275F until the beef is tender. You don't want a
slow simmer NOT hard boil. Add some moisture if needed. (cerveza is good
here)

It will cook down and look like this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...d/Image035.jpg

Adjust the salt and pepper to suit you.

Plate it up:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1.../Image038i.jpg

Serve with flour or corn tortillas and COLD cerveza

I hope this works well for you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote

> *Tex Mex Stew*

[snips]

Thanks! I saved it to my recipe file.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:09:22 -0500, cybercat wrote:

> "jay" > wrote
>>
>> *Tex Mex Stew*
>>

> [snips]
>
> Thanks! I saved it to my recipe file.

Cool. Change this line:

You don't want a slow simmer NOT hard boil.

TO:

You want a slow simmer NOT hard boil.

I'm not a fan of shredded meat Portland General Cooking 21 15-06-2011 01:03 PM
Taco Meat benzmaster Recipes (moderated) 1 13-04-2010 10:30 AM
how do I make taco meat? Todd General Cooking 156 26-01-2010 05:32 PM
Taco Meat cybercat General Cooking 27 27-06-2007 11:20 PM
Shredded Beef Taco Meat? Or Burrito Meat? The Spaminator General Cooking 19 06-11-2006 07:18 PM