Tim Spujum

Default eating is boring

better replace the whole digestive system with some sort of
battery-driven energy system and you donīt have to eat and shit
anymore.

Saves time and money.

Beeing a cyborg would be great.
John Gaughan

Tim Spujum wrote:
> better replace the whole digestive system with some sort of
> battery-driven energy system and you donīt have to eat and shit
> anymore.

This is what I've been telling people for years, but they think I am
crazy. If we could inject nutrients directly into our bloodstreams and
remove at least the stomach, which triggers hunger, that would be
awesome. Then if we never had to sleep that would be even better.
Imagine staying up for 40 straight hours watching a Jerry Lewis marathon
on TV, without feeling tired! I think I just devised a new torture
technique...

> Saves time and money.

Exactly.

> Beeing a cyborg would be great.

It would be even better with bionic muscle implants so I could lift cars
and throw them at people.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Dimitri

"Tim Spujum" > wrote in message
om...
> better replace the whole digestive system with some sort of
> battery-driven energy system and you donīt have to eat and shit
> anymore.
>
> Saves time and money.
>
> Beeing a cyborg would be great.

Just think of all the other bodily function you could eliminate - whoops
wrong word....

Dimitri

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
John Gaughan > wrote:

> Tim Spujum wrote:
> > better replace the whole digestive system with some sort of
> > battery-driven energy system and you donīt have to eat and shit
> > anymore.

> This is what I've been telling people for years, but they think I am
> crazy. If we could inject nutrients directly into our bloodstreams and
> remove at least the stomach, which triggers hunger, that would be
> awesome.

additional silliness snipped

There are some people who are forced to get their nutrients
intravenously because they can't utilize their gastrointestinal tracts.
For most this is a temporary situation (after surgery, for example), but
for some it's permanent. The saddest situations are children who have
short gut syndrome. Some of them may never be able to lead normal
lives. You can't just puree a piece of birthday cake and pump it into a
vein. Long term intravenous nutrition can also lead to other metabolic
defects like liver and bone disease.

For my money, food is where it's at.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller
PENMART01

Lucy Wusschik > writes:

>(Timothy Spurmsucker) wrote:
>>
>>better replace the whole digestive system with some sort of
>>battery-driven energy system and you donīt have to eat and shit
>>anymore.

>I don't like the fact that you have to eat every single day, several
>times a day. I'd rather eat only on special occasions, when I cook or
>am served a nice meal. That'd take meals out of the humdrum everyday
>obligation and into the realms of special events, each to be uniquely
>savoured.

Perhaps yoose two goofs should be playing house with pee-pee poo-poo ma-ma
dollys.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Tara Banfield

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Lucy Wusschik > writes:
>
> >(Timothy Spurmsucker) wrote:
> >>
> >>better replace the whole digestive system with some sort of
> >>battery-driven energy system and you donīt have to eat and shit
> >>anymore.

> >I don't like the fact that you have to eat every single day, several
> >times a day. I'd rather eat only on special occasions, when I cook or
> >am served a nice meal. That'd take meals out of the humdrum everyday
> >obligation and into the realms of special events, each to be uniquely
> >savoured.

> Perhaps yoose two goofs should be playing house with pee-pee poo-poo

ma-ma
> dollys.

Bored & isolated ppl, maybe? That'll make food seem like a frustrating
waste of time. Nuttin' better'n a cook-in.......wake up your brain &
tastebuds & improve your social life for a while......
Mmmmmmmmm!
Tara

Nancy Young

Tara Banfield wrote:

> Bored & isolated ppl, maybe? That'll make food seem like a frustrating
> waste of time. Nuttin' better'n a cook-in.......wake up your brain &
> tastebuds & improve your social life for a while......
> Mmmmmmmmm!

Now, Tara, you know trolls don't have friends.

nancy
Julia Altshuler

This thread is making me feel great. There were times when I used to be
annoyed with ordinary snacks that I ate because I was hungry. Now I
have a new appreciation of food. Leftovers, junk food, food that's too
spicy or salty or burnt, it all makes me glad I have teeth and the
ability to eat. How dreadful not to be able to enjoy eating.

--Lia

Lucian Wischik

"Tara Banfield" > wrote:
>Bored & isolated ppl, maybe? That'll make food seem like a frustrating
>waste of time. Nuttin' better'n a cook-in.......wake up your brain &
>tastebuds & improve your social life for a while......

Like I said, social or special cooking - a "cook-in" - is fantastic,
and I love it. But what about the other 2-3 meals all the other days
of the week when you're not doing the cook-in?

I mean, I can get nice food every lunch time (I live in Bologna Italy
- but when you eat tagliatelli al funghi porcini, and proscuiotto,
and rotolo every single day, it makes it less special for other
occasions. I'd much rather eat delicacies with friends socially just
five times a week, and special treats on my own one or two times, and
not eat at all for the rest of the meals.

--
Lucian
Lucian Wischik

"Dimitri" > wrote:
>"Lucian Wischik" > wrote in message
>> I don't like the fact that you have to eat every single day, several
>> times a day.

>You don't!

Yeah, I fast at lent and don't eat during Holy Week. But for normal
life, when I have a job to do, if I don't eat then my brain doesn't
work right, and I can't do my physical work properly either.

>Easy Move to Bangladesh or Ethiopia....
>You arrogant, unappreciative overfed pig!

I'm not overfed (175cm, 60kg).

--
Lucian
Lucian Wischik

Julia Altshuler > wrote:
>This thread is making me feel great. There were times when I used to be
>annoyed with ordinary snacks that I ate because I was hungry. Now I
>have a new appreciation of food. Leftovers, junk food, food that's too
>spicy or salty or burnt, it all makes me glad I have teeth and the
>ability to eat. How dreadful not to be able to enjoy eating.

Are you saying that you enjoy eating EVERY SINGLE TIME, day in and day
out, that you appreciate the time it takes, the fact that you're doing
it just to service your bodily needs?

Or are you able somehow to transform every one of 1000 meals a year
into individually unique and sublime experiences?

Or if you're not able to transform every single one of them, then are
you content to make do with just "mediocre" experiences routinely?

All I'm saying is that I'd happily get rid of all the routine mundane
experiences, and be left only with the special ones.

--
Lucian
Oscar

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

In ,
Lucian Wischik > typed:
> "Tara Banfield" > wrote:
>> Bored & isolated ppl, maybe? That'll make food seem like a frustrating
>> waste of time. Nuttin' better'n a cook-in.......wake up your brain &
>> tastebuds & improve your social life for a while......

> Like I said, social or special cooking - a "cook-in" - is fantastic,
> and I love it. But what about the other 2-3 meals all the other days
> of the week when you're not doing the cook-in?
>
> I mean, I can get nice food every lunch time (I live in Bologna Italy
> - but when you eat tagliatelli al funghi porcini, and proscuiotto,
> and rotolo every single day, it makes it less special for other
> occasions. I'd much rather eat delicacies with friends socially just
> five times a week, and special treats on my own one or two times, and
> not eat at all for the rest of the meals.
>
> --
> Lucian

Julia Altshuler

Lucian Wischik wrote:

> Are you saying that you enjoy eating EVERY SINGLE TIME, day in and day
> out, that you appreciate the time it takes, the fact that you're doing
> it just to service your bodily needs?

I hadn't thought of it in those words, but yes, that's exactly what I'm
saying. The lowliest potato chip is to be appreciated. The whole cycle
of hunger, food and satiation is wonderful when I consider the
alternatives. Thanks for pointing it out.

--Lia