Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Which food will cause massive constipation?

Oh pshaw, on Sat 28 Oct 2006 07:39:18p, Ed Zagmoon meant to say...

> It's payday and some assholes deserve some long "sessions" on
> the toilet.
>
> What food can you recommend to lock the digestive system for
> a couple of days? I'd like to give them shit as hard as concrete.
>
> What can you recommend?

A Quikrete Shake.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Bald: follicularly challenged.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> It's payday and some assholes deserve some long "sessions" on
> the toilet.
>
> What food can you recommend to lock the digestive system for
> a couple of days? I'd like to give them shit as hard as concrete.
>
> What can you recommend?

If I recall "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me" correctly,
paregoric will do the trick. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Ed Zagmoon wrote:
>> It's payday and some assholes deserve some long "sessions" on
>> the toilet.
>>
>> What food can you recommend to lock the digestive system for
>> a couple of days? I'd like to give them shit as hard as concrete.
>>
>> What can you recommend?

> If I recall "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me" correctly,
> paregoric will do the trick. -aem

PAREGORIC?

In this half-century?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> It's payday and some assholes deserve some long "sessions" on
> the toilet.
>
> What food can you recommend to lock the digestive system for
> a couple of days? I'd like to give them shit as hard as concrete.
>
> What can you recommend?

I'd recommend filet of TROLL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> "aem" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> >> It's payday and some assholes deserve some long "sessions" on
> >> the toilet.
> >>
> >> What food can you recommend to lock the digestive system for
> >> a couple of days? I'd like to give them shit as hard as concrete.
> >>
> >> What can you recommend?

> > If I recall "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me" correctly,
> > paregoric will do the trick. -aem
> >

> PAREGORIC?
>
> In this half-century?

I think Paregoric is illegal?

Contains opium...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> > It's payday and some assholes deserve some long "sessions" on
> > the toilet.
> >
> > What food can you recommend to lock the digestive system for
> > a couple of days? I'd like to give them shit as hard as concrete.
> >
> > What can you recommend?

> I'd recommend filet of TROLL

Best answer yet. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 29 Oct 2006 02:01:43a, OmManiPadmeOmelet meant to say...

> In article >, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "aem" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > If I recall "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me" correctly,
>> > paregoric will do the trick. -aem
>> >

>> PAREGORIC?
>>
>> In this half-century?

> I think Paregoric is illegal?
>
> Contains opium...

It is still available by prescription.

--
Wayne Boatwright

If at first you do succeed -- try to hide your
astonishment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 29 Oct 2006 09:01:43a, OmManiPadmeOmelet meant to say...

>> > I think Paregoric is illegal?
>> >
>> > Contains opium...

>> It is still available by prescription.

> Did not know that thanks!
>
> Imodium seems to be the item of choice tho'.

Yes, it seems to be, but that may be due partly because paregoric is only
availble by prescription today, while Immodium is OTC. One used to be able
to simply sign for paregoric at a pharmacy. Paregoric soothed an upset
stomach much more quickly than Immodium. It also worked wonders when
swabbed on an aching tooth. Ya can't do that with Immodium. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

If at first you do succeed -- try to hide your
astonishment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> >> PAREGORIC?
> >>
> >> In this half-century?

> > I think Paregoric is illegal?
> >
> > Contains opium...

> It is still available by prescription.

Did not know that thanks!

Imodium seems to be the item of choice tho'.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it seems to be, but that may be due partly because paregoric is only
> availble by prescription today, while Immodium is OTC. One used to be able
> to simply sign for paregoric at a pharmacy. Paregoric soothed an upset
> stomach much more quickly than Immodium. It also worked wonders when
> swabbed on an aching tooth. Ya can't do that with Immodium. :-)

Very true!

I understand that it was used a lot for teething and colicy babies...
and was one of the most effective medications available.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Teething Solution was Which food will cause massive constipation?

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article 9>,
> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, it seems to be, but that may be due partly because paregoric is only
> > availble by prescription today, while Immodium is OTC. One used to be able
> > to simply sign for paregoric at a pharmacy. Paregoric soothed an upset
> > stomach much more quickly than Immodium. It also worked wonders when
> > swabbed on an aching tooth. Ya can't do that with Immodium. :-)

> I understand that it was used a lot for teething and colicy babies...
> and was one of the most effective medications available.

Here's a solution to the teething problem. Take a small glass and pour
in two fingers of bourbon. Dip your finger in the glass and apply to
the baby's sore gums. Drink the rest of the bourbon.

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> I understand that it was used a lot for teething and colicy babies...
> and was one of the most effective medications available.
> --

It is an opiate derivative. It ruined a lot of lives as people got addicted.

During prohibition in the 1930s, people got off of alcohol by using
paragoric.

Then they had an opiate addiction.

You could sign for it at the druggist's until you started signing for it too
often,
then they cut you off.

I investigated the life of a family in which not only the son but his mother
were
addicts. Very sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Zagmoon said...

> What can you recommend?

Spinach and Monterey Jack cheese crepes!

May take a few days of steady consumption though!

Andy
Who knows better
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>> PAREGORIC?
>>
>> In this half-century?

> I think Paregoric is illegal?
>
> Contains opium...

Thats the reason they don't like to prescribe it but it is still
available. I have a buddy who has occasional issues and it is the only
thing they found that works for him. He doesn't need it often but he
always has a small bottle in his cabinet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> >
> > I understand that it was used a lot for teething and colicy babies...
> > and was one of the most effective medications available.
> > --

> It is an opiate derivative. It ruined a lot of lives as people got addicted.
>
> During prohibition in the 1930s, people got off of alcohol by using
> paragoric.
>
> Then they had an opiate addiction.
>
> You could sign for it at the druggist's until you started signing for it too
> often,
> then they cut you off.
>
> I investigated the life of a family in which not only the son but his mother
> were
> addicts. Very sad.

Opium is a blessing and a curse... I've read the history of it and it's
sad and fascinating both.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> Opium is a blessing and a curse... I've read the history of it and it's
> sad and fascinating both.

Wasn't it an opium addiction that Freud used Cocaine to cure?

Creating, of course, a Cocaine addiction?

I read that the man who made Freud and his "cure" famous
died but his death was not much remarked upon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Opiates (was Which food will cause massive trolling?)

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
> > Opium is a blessing and a curse... I've read the history of it and it's
> > sad and fascinating both.

> Wasn't it an opium addiction that Freud used Cocaine to cure?
>
> Creating, of course, a Cocaine addiction?
>
> I read that the man who made Freud and his "cure" famous
> died but his death was not much remarked upon.

It's like curing Heroin addiction with Methadone.

Methadone is supposed to be even _more_ addicting from what I've read...

This book is pure history and it was seriously well written and
researched:

http://tinyurl.com/y6noce

It saved a lot of lives as it was a quick treatment for dysentery as
well as being a godsend for painkilling...

but I plan to stick with Ibuprofen. ;-)

This book even relates our own CIA's smuggling of Heroin into New York
for "political reasons". :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Wasn't it an opium addiction that Freud used Cocaine to cure?

Bayer invented morphine (Soldier's Joy) as a cure for opium addiction...
Then they created heroin as a cure for morphine addiction...

Methadone detox is as close to hell as life can get...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

~-x-y-~ wrote:
>> Wasn't it an opium addiction that Freud used Cocaine to cure?

> Bayer invented morphine (Soldier's Joy) as a cure for opium addiction...
> Then they created heroin as a cure for morphine addiction...
>
> Methadone detox is as close to hell as life can get...

But alcohol withdrawal is still way more dangerous, strangely enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

George wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>

> >> PAREGORIC?
> >>
> >> In this half-century?

> > I think Paregoric is illegal?
> >
> > Contains opium...

> Thats the reason they don't like to prescribe it but it is still
> available. I have a buddy who has occasional issues and it is the only
> thing they found that works for him. He doesn't need it often but he
> always has a small bottle in his cabinet.

The book I cited is a Sixties counter-culture classic, in which a
character smokes joints that have been soaked in paregoric. After some
number of days this stops him up for some further number of days.
Eventually, a gargantuan product is forced into a toilet bowl but it's
far too large to be flushed and becomes an object of stoned wonderment,
floating majestically around. Or so the literary scene in my memory
goes -- haven't seen the book for decades, but the scene popped into my
mind when I say the OP troll. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 29 Oct 2006 02:06:31p, OmManiPadmeOmelet meant to say...

> In article >, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
>> > Opium is a blessing and a curse... I've read the history of it and

it's
>> > sad and fascinating both.

>> Wasn't it an opium addiction that Freud used Cocaine to cure?
>>
>> Creating, of course, a Cocaine addiction?
>>
>> I read that the man who made Freud and his "cure" famous died but his
>> death was not much remarked upon.

> It's like curing Heroin addiction with Methadone.
>
> Methadone is supposed to be even _more_ addicting from what I've read...
>
> This book is pure history and it was seriously well written and
> researched:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y6noce
>
> It saved a lot of lives as it was a quick treatment for dysentery as
> well as being a godsend for painkilling...
>
> but I plan to stick with Ibuprofen. ;-)
>
> This book even relates our own CIA's smuggling of Heroin into New York
> for "political reasons". :-(

Paregoric was always in our medicine cabinet when I was growing up and was
also in mine as an adult. It was never abused, used only very occasionally
for serious upset stomach or toothache. For upset stomach, we took 1
teaspoon stirred into a small glass of tepid water.

--
Wayne Boatwright

If at first you do succeed -- try to hide your
astonishment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> Opium is a blessing and a curse... I've read the history of it and it's
> sad and fascinating both.

Best high I ever experienced, hands-down. Smoked it in the winter
months in the late 70's. It was cheap but hard to get. It tastes very
good - almost like a perfume or something.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > Opium is a blessing and a curse... I've read the history of it and it's
> > sad and fascinating both.

> Best high I ever experienced, hands-down. Smoked it in the winter
> months in the late 70's. It was cheap but hard to get. It tastes very
> good - almost like a perfume or something.
>
> -L.

You can grow it, just don't get caught harvesting it. ;-)

I've read too much about the horrors of addiction tho' so I'll give it a
pass.....

Best high I ever had was mushrooms, but I only used them long enough to
cope with depression. Haven't touched them for many moons now and have
not felt I wanted to, but I do wish those were legal. They could help a
lot of people according to my research...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:06:31 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>It's like curing Heroin addiction with Methadone.
>
>Methadone is supposed to be even _more_ addicting from what I've read...

The idea with Methadone was that the high were not near as high, and
it would block the highs of Heroin. It suppose to have less severe
withdrawal symptoms.

>This book is pure history and it was seriously well written and
>researched:

>This book even relates our own CIA's smuggling of Heroin into New York
>for "political reasons". :-(

Never happened. There was one agent who assisted in the one
importation, for his own profit, currenly residing in fed custody.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:>
> Paregoric was always in our medicine cabinet when I was growing up and was
> also in mine as an adult. It was never abused, used only very
> occasionally
> for serious upset stomach or toothache. For upset stomach, we took 1
> teaspoon stirred into a small glass of tepid water.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> If at first you do succeed -- try to hide your
> astonishment.

Just as most medicines were (and are) poisons if taken in sufficient
quantities, opiates are therepeutic in small quantities but deadly in
larger quantities.

Belladonna was a much-used laxative. Yes, the same stuff that
surfaced as a powerful hallucinogen in the 1960s. People with
the mindset "if a little is good then a lot must be even better" got
into trouble with the stuff. People died from "laxative overdose."

Stop laughing. I am sure it was not funny!

--
"Do or Do not, there is no 'TRY.'" --Yoda

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> Just as most medicines were (and are) poisons if taken in sufficient
> quantities, opiates are therepeutic in small quantities but deadly in
> larger quantities.

Not always. For example cancer partients often take enormous amounts of
opiates yet it isn't deadly to them. Different uses and peoples tolerance.

> Belladonna was a much-used laxative. Yes, the same stuff that
> surfaced as a powerful hallucinogen in the 1960s. People with
> the mindset "if a little is good then a lot must be even better" got
> into trouble with the stuff. People died from "laxative overdose."

Belladonna was never a laxative, as the action is to _decrease_ gastric
motility. Hence it would slow down the spasms which would cause the
frequent "events". It is also useful to patients with urethral spasms,
such as post surgical patients. All opiates, and many pain meds have the
unintended side effect of causing constipation because of that decreased
mobility.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> But alcohol withdrawal is still way more dangerous, strangely enough.

True, that...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote

>> Belladonna was a much-used laxative. Yes, the same stuff that
>> surfaced as a powerful hallucinogen in the 1960s. People with
>> the mindset "if a little is good then a lot must be even better" got
>> into trouble with the stuff. People died from "laxative overdose."

> Belladonna was never a laxative, as the action is to _decrease_ gastric
> motility. Hence it would slow down the spasms which would cause the
> frequent "events". It is also useful to patients with urethral spasms,
> such as post surgical patients. All opiates, and many pain meds have the
> unintended side effect of causing constipation because of that decreased
> mobility.

This is true, and I appreciate the correction. I was relying upon two pieces
of information, that were not reliable, now that I think about it. According
family lore, I have an ancestor who died from a laxative overdose, and one
relative identified the substance as Belladonna.

Then I encountered a pharmacy full of old apothecary jars, all labeled,
and many still with medicines in them. Several were labeled "Belladonna."

Of course it does not follow that it was a laxative. Maybe my ancestor
took it to stop diarrhea. And all the family needed to know was that
it had something to do with the topic of elimination. After all, who would
really want too much detail?

I found some information at the site below.

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/m...hde05.html#med

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Goomba38" > wrote
>>
>>> Belladonna was a much-used laxative. Yes, the same stuff that
>>> surfaced as a powerful hallucinogen in the 1960s. People with
>>> the mindset "if a little is good then a lot must be even better" got
>>> into trouble with the stuff. People died from "laxative overdose."

>> Belladonna was never a laxative, as the action is to _decrease_ gastric
>> motility. Hence it would slow down the spasms which would cause the
>> frequent "events". It is also useful to patients with urethral spasms,
>> such as post surgical patients. All opiates, and many pain meds have the
>> unintended side effect of causing constipation because of that decreased
>> mobility.

> This is true, and I appreciate the correction.

Not a problem.. that's why I get paid the big bucks to know this kinda
thing...

Diabetic Bowel Movement: 05-30-2009 [CONSTIPATION ALERT!!!] [email protected] Diabetic 5 01-06-2009 10:42 PM
Amazing Massive Apartments Aman's Space General Cooking 0 25-10-2007 05:58 AM
Constipation [email protected] General Cooking 11 07-07-2007 10:57 PM
constipation Richard Vegan 2 12-04-2007 02:24 AM
Which food will cause constipation or diarrhoea ? Paul Eisner General Cooking 8 10-03-2005 09:08 PM