Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipes needed for FRESH dates (not dried)

Have any of you seen any recipes for these. I bought a whole bagful at
Whole Foods Market the other day and would love to find some recipes
for using them. They're like crabapples in appearance but
aren't tart. Any ideas?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Soggy wrote:
> Have any of you seen any recipes for these. I bought a whole bagful at
> Whole Foods Market the other day and would love to find some recipes
> for using them. They're like crabapples in appearance but
> aren't tart. Any ideas?

Stuff each one with a whole almond. You can add a dollop of cream
cheese or goat cheese if you like. Roll them in superfine sugar.

Slice them thin and toss them together with sectioned, peeled oranges,
minced parsley, and sliced walnuts. Dress with a citrus vinaigrette.

Or, just eat them as is. They're like nature's fudge.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Soggy" > schreef in bericht
> Have any of you seen any recipes for these. I bought a whole bagful at
> Whole Foods Market the other day and would love to find some recipes
> for using them. They're like crabapples in appearance but
> aren't tart. Any ideas?

I had my first fresh dates ever last week. God they were good. As twre the
persimmons I bought in the same Arabic store.

The salesman told me to shang on to some for 2 mopnths, as they'd START to
dry and taste even better. They wouldn't yet be like the dreid dates you can
buy.

I wouldnt' call that a recipe, but it sounds more than tasty to me.

He told me that's how his parents had them with their tea, instead of
sweets/pastry.