Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bees in my wall

What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
part of the wall.

--
modom

"Southern barbecue is a proud thoroughbred whose bloodlines are easily traced.
Texas Barbecue is a feisty mutt with a whole lot of crazy relatives."

--Robb Walsh, Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:

> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> part of the wall.
>
> --
> modom

Call a local apiary (if there are any) and see what they recommend?
They might even come and take the hive out for you?

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"modom (palindrome guy)" <moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:

> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> part of the wall.
>
> --
> modom

We had that exact problem in the wall of a cabin that we were going to
be spending (many years) of weekends in....

Smoke is the only thing that will drive them out.

Truly.

And yes, if you want the honey, you will have to tear a section of wall
out.

It was worth it iirc. ;-)
I was about 8.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) said...

> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> part of the wall.
>
> --
> modom

Call 911 and have them send out animal control. They'll know what to do. I
forget if honey bees are protected by law.

Good luck,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>What would you do?

Call a professional exterminator in your area.

Honey is not that expensive in a quantity for home consumption.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:25:07 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"
<moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:

>What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
>bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
>to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
>part of the wall.

This happened to a friend of mine in Alabama two years ago. All the
suggestions of calling beekeepers, local authorities, etc, proved
fruitless, and after a long search for a solution, she was left with
the alternative of having an exterminator come in, open the wall and
get rid of it for her. She had to have the sheetrock redone there.

She was not pleased and would have preferred they go to a nice hive in
the country. I hope your problem ends more sweetly than hers.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> modom (palindrome guy) said...
>
> > What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> > bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> > to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> > part of the wall.
> >
> > --
> > modom

> Call 911 and have them send out animal control. They'll know what to do. I
> forget if honey bees are protected by law.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Andy

<cough>

Insects are not protected by animal control laws...
At least not where _I_live! :-)

The local University is more likely going to be of help for proper
contacts.

A working hive can have monetary value.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ward Abbott > wrote:

> >What would you do?

> Call a professional exterminator in your area.
>
> Honey is not that expensive in a quantity for home consumption.

EWWWWWW!!!!

Why should he pay for bee removal when someone might be willing to pay
HIM!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:25:07 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"
> <moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:
>
> >What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> >bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> >to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> >part of the wall.

> This happened to a friend of mine in Alabama two years ago. All the
> suggestions of calling beekeepers, local authorities, etc, proved
> fruitless, and after a long search for a solution, she was left with
> the alternative of having an exterminator come in, open the wall and
> get rid of it for her. She had to have the sheetrock redone there.
>
> She was not pleased and would have preferred they go to a nice hive in
> the country. I hope your problem ends more sweetly than hers.
>
> Boron

We simply smoked them out and dad did the work himself.
We got the honey and combs and only had to pay for the wall repair
materials.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet said...

> <cough>
>
> Insects are not protected by animal control laws...
> At least not where _I_live! :-)

I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I know
the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and burn them
out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of them.

Never got stung but, you know, I don't think anybody gets used to bees
except beekeepers.

> A working hive can have monetary value.

Probably a good idea to put a few bee boxes outside the wall in the yard
and go into the biz.

Ages ago, a friend and I were drinking Jack Daniels outside on Mt.
Diablo, California and a bee landed on my lip. I froze and waited for it
to fly away. Instead, it began to walk into one of my nostrils!!! I
forced a sneeze and ran as fast as I could!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

skyhooks wrote:
> modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> >
> > What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> > bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> > to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> > part of the wall.

> Call a local apiary (if there are any) and see what they recommend?
> They might even come and take the hive out for you?

Perfect. Impressive. Excellent.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-21, Andy <q> wrote:

> I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I know
> the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and burn them
> out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of them.

I think the county control guys are full of it. Here's a page of CA's
protected insects.

http://essig.berkeley.edu/endins/hymenop.htm

Note the Antioch Mutillid Wasp. But, it's so rare I couldn't even
find a picture of it.

The most common burrowing yellow jacket in CA is so ridiculously
comman, they're a freakin' menace and you can kill them by the
millions with no legal repercussions or even making a dent. The
coastal ranges, like around Mt Diablo, are lousy with them and the
best you can do is outsmart 'em. I went camping once out Mines Rd
down by Mt Hamilton and there were so many we couldn't eat our meal.
There'd be 2 of them on your spoon before it reached your mouth. We
finally figured out they loved fresh fruit above all else, despite the
local term of "meat bees". So, we set out a plate of fresh fruit salad
about 40-50 feet away as a decoy. They swarmed that stuff like locust
and, except for the occasional retard, they left us alone to eat in
peace.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:25:07 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"
<moc.etoyok@modom> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
>bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
>to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
>part of the wall.

http://www.bees-online.com/RemoveBees.htm

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet said...
>
> > <cough>
> >
> > Insects are not protected by animal control laws...
> > At least not where _I_live! :-)

> I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I know
> the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and burn them
> out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of them.

Yellow Jackets protected?? Those are the guys that our local extension
says to wait until sundown, and spray the living daylights out of the
nest.

They are pollinators, but too close to human habitation, you are
allowed to exterminate if you can't move em any other way.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> On 2006-10-21, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I
>> know the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and
>> burn them out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of
>> them.

> I think the county control guys are full of it. Here's a page of CA's
> protected insects.
>
> http://essig.berkeley.edu/endins/hymenop.htm

nb,

The yellow jackets hiving underground were at my home in Pennsylvania.

The Mt. Diablo bee story was an unrelated "colorful" incident.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"skyhooks" > wrote in message
> modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
>>
>> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
>> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
>> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
>> part of the wall.
>>
>> --
>> modom

> Call a local apiary (if there are any) and see what they recommend?
> They might even come and take the hive out for you?
>
> Sky

Be careful they aren't africanized.

--
My Word
in

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-22, Andy <q> wrote:

> The Mt. Diablo bee story was an unrelated "colorful" incident.

Oh.

Nevermind.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:59:10 -0400, "MY WORD"
> wrote:

>Be careful they aren't africanized.

Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
further north they go.
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:

> Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
> further north they go.

????

Where did you hear that, sf? Last I heard there was a hive discovered
down near Monterey. That's starting to get pretty close and I've
heard nothing about them taking 4 o'clock tea, just yet.

OTOH, I just found this. Note the "artificial selection" part:

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1204/features/bees4.htm

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:48:42 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:
>
>> Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
>> further north they go.

>????
>
>Where did you hear that, sf?

Not sure. Couldn't have been "the news". It was somewhere... maybe
Discovery. One of those things that I heard, but wasn't a big news
story. It just said that the bee scare hasn't turned out to be as bad
as they thought it would be because as they interbreed, they become
more docile.

>Last I heard there was a hive discovered
>down near Monterey. That's starting to get pretty close and I've
>heard nothing about them taking 4 o'clock tea, just yet.
>
>OTOH, I just found this. Note the "artificial selection" part:
>
>http://www.pbs.org/saf/1204/features/bees4.htm

Good news! With the devastation of European honey bees here (not due
to africanation) we need a heartier bee population for pollination
purposes.

Thanks
--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:
>
>> Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
>> further north they go.

> ????
>
> Where did you hear that, sf? Last I heard there was a hive discovered
> down near Monterey. That's starting to get pretty close and I've
> heard nothing about them taking 4 o'clock tea, just yet.
>
> OTOH, I just found this. Note the "artificial selection" part:
>
> http://www.pbs.org/saf/1204/features/bees4.htm
>
> nb

"He's doing this right in the middle of the Africanized bee territory, so
they are interbreeding with his bees. Over time, his bees are getting
progressively testy. But the bottom line is they are still manageable, still
disease and mite tolerant and still making lots of honey. Basically, what we
want are bees that are enough below the threshold of testiness that we can
stand them."

Heh... who can actually stand them? If you're out walking around and you
stumble on a nest of these KILLER bees, they can still kill you. But in all
good spirit I offer you John Belushi portraying the killer bee, which didn't
quite show up the way people expected. But then again, the land shark
didn't, either. LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"maxine in ri" > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet said...
> >
> > > <cough>
> > >
> > > Insects are not protected by animal control laws...
> > > At least not where _I_live! :-)

> > I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I know
> > the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and burn them
> > out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of them.

> Yellow Jackets protected?? Those are the guys that our local extension
> says to wait until sundown, and spray the living daylights out of the
> nest.
>
> They are pollinators, but too close to human habitation, you are
> allowed to exterminate if you can't move em any other way.
>
> maxine in ri

I actually leave yellow jackets (mud daubers and paper wasps) alone for
the most part, unless the nests are near a doorway or in a location
where I get attacked.

They are one of the best defenses against hornworms.

I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

Why?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:19:24 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
>> I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

>Why?

Because she prefers tarantulas? In any casem it's a huge wasp.
http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg
I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:59:10 -0400, "MY WORD"
> > wrote:
>
>>Be careful they aren't africanized.

> Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
> further north they go.
> --
> See return address to reply by email

That's good! But I don't know where these bees were.

--
My Word
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:48:42 -0500, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
>>> further north they go.

>>????
>>
>>Where did you hear that, sf?

> Not sure. Couldn't have been "the news". It was somewhere... maybe
> Discovery. One of those things that I heard, but wasn't a big news
> story. It just said that the bee scare hasn't turned out to be as bad
> as they thought it would be because as they interbreed, they become
> more docile.
>
>>Last I heard there was a hive discovered
>>down near Monterey. That's starting to get pretty close and I've
>>heard nothing about them taking 4 o'clock tea, just yet.
>>
>>OTOH, I just found this. Note the "artificial selection" part:
>>
>>http://www.pbs.org/saf/1204/features/bees4.htm
>>

> Good news! With the devastation of European honey bees here (not due
> to africanation) we need a heartier bee population for pollination
> purposes.
>
> Thanks
> --
> See return address to reply by email

I have wondered what the situation is in the Rio Grande Valley.

My Word

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

> Why?
>
> nb

Because they kill tarantulas...
and they are too easy to step on with bare feet.

I have a LOT more uses for tarantulas.

I like spiders. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:

> Because she prefers tarantulas? In any casem it's a huge wasp.
> http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg

Holy crappola! Thatsa one bigga bug! 8|

> I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.

I'd be running for cover, too. I suspect the one in your picture is a
tropical species common to those huge S. American tarantulas. We have
plenty of tarantulas around here and I've never seen anything remotely
close to that size.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:19:24 -0500, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>>
>>> I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

>>Why?
>>

> Because she prefers tarantulas? In any casem it's a huge wasp.
> http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg
> I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.

KEWL!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:19:24 -0500, notbob > wrote:
>
> >On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
> >
> >> I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

> >Why?
> >

> Because she prefers tarantulas?

Exactly!

I've also stepped on one in bare feet.

> In any casem it's a huge wasp.
> http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg
> I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.

I just prefer the tarantulas. ;-) They are more useful.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:
>
> > Because she prefers tarantulas? In any casem it's a huge wasp.
> > http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg

> Holy crappola! Thatsa one bigga bug! 8|
>
> > I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.

> I'd be running for cover, too. I suspect the one in your picture is a
> tropical species common to those huge S. American tarantulas. We have
> plenty of tarantulas around here and I've never seen anything remotely
> close to that size.
>
> nb

The ones around here are about 1/2 that size, but they still kill my
beloved spiders....... :-(

Horrible death too. Imagine being paralyzed and eaten alive, slowly, by
a maggot.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
moc.etoyok@modom says...
> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> part of the wall.
>
> --
> modom
>
> "Southern barbecue is a proud thoroughbred whose bloodlines are easily traced.
> Texas Barbecue is a feisty mutt with a whole lot of crazy relatives."
>
> --Robb Walsh, Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook

Sometimes great sacrifice is necessary to obtain the purest and best
honey. If the house is less than 30 years old it's probably wallboard
anyhow, easily repaired.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:19:24 -0500, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>>
>>> I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

>>Why?
>>

> Because she prefers tarantulas? In any casem it's a huge wasp.
> http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg
> I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email

Looks like something out of King Kong! Where do they live?

--
My Word
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> part of the wall.
>
> --

I'd get in touch with a local beekeeper and ask him/her to come and get
the bees. They have the experience and the equipment for smoking out
bees. You might find one by calling the county ag agent. I wouldn't
want to mess with them even though I'm not afraid of getting stung.
They could be the really nasty variety. Ugh.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:07:20 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
>> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
>> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
>> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
>> part of the wall.
>>
>> --

>I'd get in touch with a local beekeeper and ask him/her to come and get
>the bees. They have the experience and the equipment for smoking out
>bees. You might find one by calling the county ag agent. I wouldn't
>want to mess with them even though I'm not afraid of getting stung.
>They could be the really nasty variety. Ugh.
>
>gloria p

Actually, I know a beekeeper. She's my egg lady and my source for
pastured beef.

On the other hand, I wonder what damage the bees will do if I leave
them in place?
--
modom

"Southern barbecue is a proud thoroughbred whose bloodlines are easily traced.
Texas Barbecue is a feisty mutt with a whole lot of crazy relatives."

--Robb Walsh, Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:19:24 -0500, notbob > wrote:
>
> >On 2006-10-22, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
> >
> >> I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!

> >Why?
> >

> Because she prefers tarantulas? In any casem it's a huge wasp.
> http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg
> I've never seen one. It would scare the bejeezus out of me if I did.

They're like bumblewasps. I have no more fear of them than bumblebees.
Big orange legged black wasps in my neck of the desert making beelines
somewhere or the other in search of tarantulas.
I go out of my way to seek and destroy yellow jacket structures in my
yard. A grandkid on a hot day in midsummer in the wrong place isn't
something I wish to experience. The damned things have nailed me for
absolutely no other reason than the heat of the day from a hidden nest
while I was mowing the lawn more than once. Yellow jackets make a bee
sting feel like a tickle to me. I'm not allergic to either.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> I've also stepped on one in bare feet.

Did it nail you or just squish.

> I just prefer the tarantulas. ;-) They are more useful.

Of course there's that. We are nearing the end of the month and a half
season when the male tarantulas check for mates and cross the highway.
It's the only time to really see and catch them without being an
entomologist. I prefer tarantulas too. I tend to see far more tarantulas
than tarantula hawks. The population of both is stable here in Northern
Nevada.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom wrote:
> Puester wrote:
> >modom wrote:
> >> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> >> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> >> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> >> part of the wall.

> >I'd get in touch with a local beekeeper and ask him/her to come and get
> >the bees.

> Actually, I know a beekeeper. She's my egg lady and my source for
> pastured beef.
>
> On the other hand, I wonder what damage the bees will do if I leave
> them in place?

Eventually they'll expand their hive until they take over the entire
house, and you'll need to leave. I'd get rid of that stat... busy bees
work fast.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Leonard Blaisdell > wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > I've also stepped on one in bare feet.

> Did it nail you or just squish.

It stung me and got away scott free!

> > I just prefer the tarantulas. ;-) They are more useful.

> Of course there's that. We are nearing the end of the month and a half
> season when the male tarantulas check for mates and cross the highway.
> It's the only time to really see and catch them without being an
> entomologist. I prefer tarantulas too. I tend to see far more tarantulas
> than tarantula hawks. The population of both is stable here in Northern
> Nevada.
>
> leo

Tarantulas are rare around here...
It's why I try to protect them.

I have nothing against the wasps per se', I just don't want them killing
my beloved spiders!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> What would you do? It appears to be a good sized colony of honey
> bees. They're living in the north wall of the TV room. There's bound
> to be honey (OBFood) in there, but getting to it will mean ripping out
> part of the wall.
>
> --
> modom

The answer to find an apiary or beekeeper is perfect. On "Dirty Jobs,"
Mike Rowe "helped" out a beekeeper get a huge hive out of an older
building - maybe a church? In any event, the beekeeper used his smoke
pots or smoke bellows to make the bees more docile, and then they
removed all the honey and the bees. Yes, you'll have to tear out the
wall, either from the inside or the outside. On the DJ program, the
noise of the bees could be heard inside the building, but they tore up
the outside to get to it.

N.