FoodBanter.com

-   -   Indian Cuisines (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/104436-indian-cuisines.html)

Dipsee 20-10-2006 12:53 PM

Indian Cuisines

Hi everybody.. I am 33 and very much interested in cooking i would be
posting some interesting india cuisines for you to enjoy and i am sure
you are all going to enjoy cooking it at home.
This cuisines are my own ones, my parents and friends have al enjoyed
it a lot. You can all visit my blog

http://indianfoodstuff.blogspot.com

I would be regularly updating this and also i would like to have your
comments poted on. Any queries are also welcome.

chenwenyan 20-10-2006 01:54 PM

Indian Cuisines

Thank you very much!I've visited your blog and read the passage,The

Dipsee 20-10-2006 02:00 PM

Indian Cuisines

Hey...
Thanks Chenwenyan for visiting my blog.. I am sure you and your family,
friends are going to enjoy this lipsmacking receipes

Thanks
Dipen

notbob 20-10-2006 02:00 PM

Indian Cuisines

On 2006-10-20, Dipsee > wrote:

> I would be regularly updating this and also i would like to have your
> comments poted on. Any queries are also welcome.

no

Dipsee 20-10-2006 02:00 PM

Indian Cuisines

TonyK 20-10-2006 04:18 PM

Indian Cuisines

"Dipsee" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi everybody.. I am 33 and very much interested in cooking i would be
> posting some interesting india cuisines for you to enjoy and i am sure
> you are all going to enjoy cooking it at home.
> This cuisines are my own ones, my parents and friends have al enjoyed
> it a lot. You can all visit my blog
>
> http://indianfoodstuff.blogspot.com
>

> I would be regularly updating this and also i would like to have your
> comments poted on. Any queries are also welcome.

Excellent, I really enjoy eating and cooking Indian food. I've pretty much
nailed Tandoori and am even looking to buy a tandoor to go outside for hte
summer. I also attempt a lot of vegetarian dishes with varying degrees of
success. Unfortunately I can't get many ingredients locally but can buy
any/all spices, herbs etc from my catering suppliers.

What would really help would be an explanation of some of the ingredients
and if possible subsitutes if they are not available.

2 pinches asafoetida ...?

Some good looking recipes on your blog, always looking for ideas.

Gregory Morrow[_7_] 20-10-2006 06:56 PM

Indian Cuisines

Indian food looks and tastes like sewage sludge...

--
Best
Greg

ups.com...

-L. 20-10-2006 07:01 PM

Indian Cuisines

Dipsee wrote:
> Hi everybody.. I am 33 and very much interested in cooking i would be
> posting some interesting india cuisines for you to enjoy and i am sure
> you are all going to enjoy cooking it at home.
> This cuisines are my own ones, my parents and friends have al enjoyed
> it a lot. You can all visit my blog
>
> http://indianfoodstuff.blogspot.com
>

> I would be regularly updating this and also i would like to have your
> comments poted on. Any queries are also welcome.

Thanks for the link. I am currently learning how to cook Indian
cuisine. :)

-L.

TonyK 20-10-2006 08:28 PM

Indian Cuisines

"Gregory Morrow" <gregorymorrowONACLEARDAYYOUCANSEEALOAFHEAD@earthl ink.net>
wrote in message
ink.net...
> Indian food looks and tastes like sewage sludge...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg
>

> "Dipsee" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Hi everybody.. I am 33 and very much interested in cooking i would be
> > posting some interesting india cuisines for you to enjoy and i am sure
> > you are all going to enjoy cooking it at home.
> > This cuisines are my own ones, my parents and friends have al enjoyed
> > it a lot. You can all visit my blog
> >
> > http://indianfoodstuff.blogspot.com
> >

> > I would be regularly updating this and also i would like to have your
> > comments poted on. Any queries are also welcome.

Being a newbie to the group I assume this is the resident troll who I should
killfile?

Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] 20-10-2006 08:58 PM

Indian Cuisines

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:28:23 +0100, "TonyK" > wrote:

>Being a newbie to the group I assume this is the resident troll who I should
>killfile?

One of them.

[email protected] 20-10-2006 11:15 PM

Indian Cuisines

Drop by your local indian store. They sell many different types of
curry in a can that are quite good.

At one time the best curry actually came from England and was shipped
to India.

Puester 20-10-2006 11:17 PM

Indian Cuisines

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Indian food looks and tastes like sewage sludge...

That's your opinion, Greg, but it marks you as
a narrow-minded xenophobe and probably a bigot.

gloria p

Gregory Morrow[_7_] 20-10-2006 11:23 PM

Indian Cuisines

TonyK wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow"

<gregorymorrowONACLEARDAYYOUCANSEEALOAFHEAD@earthl ink.net>
> wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Indian food looks and tastes like sewage sludge...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> > "Dipsee" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > > Hi everybody.. I am 33 and very much interested in cooking i would be
> > > posting some interesting india cuisines for you to enjoy and i am sure
> > > you are all going to enjoy cooking it at home.
> > > This cuisines are my own ones, my parents and friends have al enjoyed
> > > it a lot. You can all visit my blog
> > >
> > > http://indianfoodstuff.blogspot.com
> > >

> > > I would be regularly updating this and also i would like to have your
> > > comments poted on. Any queries are also welcome.
> > >

> Being a newbie to the group I assume this is the resident troll who I

should
> killfile?

I predict your tenure here will be a rather short one...best for you to go
back to lurking :-).

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow[_7_] 20-10-2006 11:30 PM

Indian Cuisines

Puester wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > Indian food looks and tastes like sewage sludge...
> >

> That's your opinion, Greg, but it marks you as
> a narrow-minded xenophobe and probably a bigot.

It's a cuisine I tried to like but it just didn't do it for me. And
restaurant and store - wise I was appalled by the disgusting hygienic state
and chiseling business practices of the vast majority of the Indian places I
visited...

--
Best
Greg

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 21-10-2006 07:28 AM

Indian Cuisines

TonyK wrote:

> What would really help would be an explanation of some of the ingredients
> and if possible subsitutes if they are not available.
>
> 2 pinches asafoetida ...?

Asafoetida is used extensively in Northern Indian cooking. It's the resinous
root-sap of a bush, and is sold in Indian groceries either in lump form or
as a powder. Another word for it is "hing."

It's got a garlic-like flavor, so you can try substituting garlic for it,
though it will not be quite the same. The Indian cuisines which use
asafoetida generally abstain from garlic under the belief that garlic "heats
the blood," while asafoetida does not.

Bob

[email protected] 23-10-2006 02:22 AM

Indian Cuisines

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Indian food looks and tastes like sewage sludge...

Idiot.