Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Omnivore's Dilemma

jay wrote:
> by Michael Pollan
>
> Someone recommended this book to me. It is about food choices. I thumbed
> through it on line at Amazon and it looks interesting. Has anyone here
> read it? Do you recommend it? Thanks for your comments.

I read _Omnivore's Dilemma_ and recommend it. The book is written in a
style I like very much. It is both breezy and informative, the sort of
style that could make you interested in a subject you never previously
had any interest in. (I gave my copy to my mother when I was done with
it. She has virtually no interest in food or cooking and said she liked
it too.) Pollan is a journalist, not a food expert. He knows writing
style.

There are 4 sections to the book, and you'll likely find one of them
more interesting than the rest. I keep going back to the one on small
organic, but others will mention the first section on corn.

--Lia

Omnivore's Dilemma Lou Decruss[_2_] General Cooking 9 12-09-2008 12:28 AM
Omnivore's Dilemma Dee Dee General Cooking 18 11-10-2007 06:30 AM
Omnivore's Dilemma TammyM General Cooking 10 19-10-2006 08:39 AM
Omnivore's Dilemma -L. General Cooking 0 17-10-2006 07:45 AM
Omnivore's Dilemma Julia Altshuler General Cooking 0 16-10-2006 04:56 PM