Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default It's cold outside!!!

It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

The house is creaking.

I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.

Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!

Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.

The BUMS!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((
>
> The house is creaking.
>
> I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
>
> Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
>
> Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
>
> The BUMS!!!
>
> Andy

It's a balmy 53 here in the littlest state. Why am I up this early?
It makes my BIL and sister (who are not related at all) happy.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((
>
> The house is creaking.
>
> I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
>
> Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
>
> Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
>
> The BUMS!!!
>
> Andy

Yeah... ain't it grand? :-)
I'm soooo tired of the hot weather!
It was cool enough yesterday to spend a few hours at the pistol range.
Since it's outdoors, it's too hot during the summer. The only drawback
tho' is that it gets more crowded during this weather so you end up
having to share target backdrops. :-P
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet said...

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((
>>
>> The house is creaking.
>>
>> I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
>>
>> Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
>>
>> Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
>>
>> The BUMS!!!
>>
>> Andy

> Yeah... ain't it grand? :-)
> I'm soooo tired of the hot weather!
> It was cool enough yesterday to spend a few hours at the pistol range.
> Since it's outdoors, it's too hot during the summer. The only drawback
> tho' is that it gets more crowded during this weather so you end up
> having to share target backdrops. :-P

I was invited to join the local Field and Stream club but declined
because of the outdoor range. Too many cease-fires for my style.

Oh well.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 05:23:09 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((
>
>The house is creaking.
>
>I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
>
>Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
>
>Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
>
>The BUMS!!!

It's coolish here, finally, in the wilds of south Northern California.
Overcast. Maybe 52-ish degrees F at 8:20 a.m. I wish I had time to
make soup today! But I'm preparing for the first of 3 trips over the
next 4.5 weeks, and there's no rest for the wicked.

TammyM

Black Bean Soup
The best black bean soup is made with dried black beans, rather than
canned.

· 1 pound dried black beans
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1/4 pound bacon
· 1/4 pound diced ham
· 4 onions, chopped
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· 3 stalks celery including leaves, chopped
· 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
· 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 3 quarts chicken broth
· 1/4 cup dry white wine
· 1/2 cup dry sherry
Wash black beans, cover with water and allow to soak overnight; rinse;
drain; set aside.
Pour oil into a large soup pot. Add the bacon, ham, onion, garlic and
celery. Cook at high simmer until vegetables are soft, about 30
minutes. Add beans, rice, seasonings, and broth to soup pot. Bring to
a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Let soup cool; put through the blender a little at a time, until
smooth. Return to soup pot; reheat on low about 45 minutes, adding
wine and sherry. Serve hot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-15, TammyM > wrote:

> It's coolish here, finally, in the wilds of south Northern California.
> Overcast. Maybe 52-ish degrees F at 8:20 a.m.

Well, make up some salsa for that soup, Tammy. Looks like we're going
to get one last dog day diversion before Autumn falls on us . Low
80's by Wed.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

Outside where?

Here, in the NY capitol region, it was 29ºF when I awoke at 6 AM...
Jack Frost had a busy night, everything glistening beautifully. Now
it's noon and it's 52ºF. Perfectly nice fall weather, the foliage is
blindingly bright, gorgeous... certainly nothing to kvetch about.
What's with the frowning "(("? I love this clean crisp weather. ))
Andy must be another one of those fercocktah clinically depressed bi
polar bearers of ill will. Andy, you're living your life like you're
already in the grave, just waiting for the dirt to be piled on... don't
you ever feel good about anything, you never even laugh let alone
smile... what a sad, sad soul. Andy, for $5 worth of sisal from Lowes
you can hang yourself... end all your misery.

"A" my name is Andy and my raggedy sister's name is Ann, we live in
Angst and we make Ailments.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Sheldon Rope

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:31:53 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-15, TammyM > wrote:
>
>> It's coolish here, finally, in the wilds of south Northern California.
>> Overcast. Maybe 52-ish degrees F at 8:20 a.m.

>Well, make up some salsa for that soup, Tammy. Looks like we're going
>to get one last dog day diversion before Autumn falls on us . Low
>80's by Wed.

I'll be in Vegas. High of 72, lows in the low 50's. My kinda
weather.

<happy sigh>

TammyM

BTW: autumn my a*s "-) When was the last time we had an autumn here?
It's nice up to about Thanksgiving, then there's a "cold" snap and all
the leaves fall from the trees and it's winter. Rain. Fog. Gray.
No autumn colors. Bleh. I like the winter, but I miss the autumn
season I remember from childhood.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:12:50 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:51:20 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:
>
>>BTW: autumn my a*s "-) When was the last time we had an autumn here?
>>It's nice up to about Thanksgiving, then there's a "cold" snap and all
>>the leaves fall from the trees and it's winter. Rain. Fog. Gray.
>>No autumn colors. Bleh. I like the winter, but I miss the autumn
>>season I remember from childhood.

>That's what I am enjoying about being here in NM now. The trees are
>changing colors, the skies are full of hot air balloons, and it is
>starting to stay really nice and crisp here, even during the day. It's
>noon here, and only 63 degrees, with this glorious endless blue sky.
>
>Thinking about your bean soup this week, Tammy. I have all the
>ingredients, and it looks like it might come together quickly enough.
>I can sit at my butcher block and chop some stuff..and my friend can
>do some of the other stuff.. What do you usually serve with this?
>Something easy, I hope.

I'm envious of your weather! Although it's quite lovely and gray and
overcast here, and about the same temp. I'm sitting here typing in a
long-sleeved t-shirt, shorts and Birks. Oh how NorCal of me! :-)

I tend to serve the soup as is. Maybe some nice crusty bread, or if
I'm really ambitious (not happening today!) a sort of Texy-Mexy salad
with corn ships and dressing made of salsa/sour cream.

I've been working my butt off today! Not a bad thing. The house is
pretty damned ship-shape with the exception of 2 rooms (the back room
and my computer room.) All things in good time.

You get that surprise yet? I'm dying to know!

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

Wonderful... cold weather makes the gal's nipples pop! ))

Sheldon Glasscutter

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

> Wonderful... cold weather makes the gal's nipples pop! ))
>
> Sheldon Glasscutter

But all men are equal in the cold...... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 3:23 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> It's 32 F. degrees outside. (( The house is creaking.
> I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
> Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
> Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
> The BUMS!!!

Andy, I cannot imagine such weather. My average daily winter temps run
'round 60 degrees, with an occasional night getting below 50. Plus, my
winter runs through ony about four months, and the rest of most any
year is summer. Pretty much just two seasons here in the Southern
California High Desert.

....Picky
Who'llNotBuyTheLastPizzaPiece,ButSureWillAndy-ShareFrom
TheTwoXlargePerOrderNightsSheFreezesIntoTwosForOth erDays.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Sheldon" > wrote:
>
> > Andy wrote:
> > > It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

> > Wonderful... cold weather makes the gal's nipples pop! ))
> >
> > Sheldon Glasscutter

> But all men are equal in the cold...... ;-)

Get no argument from me there... why I don't like to skinny dip in cold
water, 'cept some are less equal! hehe

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:19:50 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:

>Andy <q> :
>
>> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((
>>
>> The house is creaking.
>>
>> I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
>>
>> Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
>>
>> Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
>>
>> The BUMS!!!
>>
>> Andy
>>

>Been cold here, in the evenings, for about a week now. We've hit freezing
>at least 2 nights. Daytime is seasonal but nights and early mornings have
>been {{{cold}}}.
>
>Michael

I live North of Chicago but this about sums it up. (No offence to ppl
from Massachusetts).

BTW, I'm a long time lurker here and posted here a few times a long
time ago.

Gene (a.k.a. Vega)

Massachusetts Snow Diary
AUG. 1
Moved to our new home in Massachusetts. It is so beautiful here. The
city is so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see it covered with snow. I
LOVE IT HERE
OCT. 14
New England is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are
turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange.
Went for a ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are so
graceful. Certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This
must be paradise. I LOVE IT HERE.
NOV. 11
Deer season will open soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill
such an elegant creature. The very symbol of peace and tranquillity.
Hope it will snow soon. I LOVE IT HERE.
DEC. 2
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white.
It looked like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned snow off the steps
and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight today (I won). When
the snowplow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a
beautiful place. Mother Nature in perfect harmony. I LOVE IT HERE.
DEC. 12
More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again that
rascal). A winter wonderland. I LOVE IT HERE.
DEC. 19
Snowed again last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to
work this time. I'm exhausted from shoveling. ****ing Snowplow!
DEC. 22
More of that white shit fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands
from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits
until I'm done shoveling. That Asshole!
DEC. 25
"White Christmas" my busted ass. More ****ing snow. If I ever get my
hands on that son-of-a-bitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I will
castrate the dumb *******. Don't know why they don't use more salt on
this ****ing ice.
DEC. 28
More of the same shit last night. Been inside since Christmas day
except for when "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere. The car
is buried in a mountain of white shit. The weatherman says expect
another 10 inches of this shit tonight. Do you know how many shovels
full of snow 10 inches is?
JAN. 1
Happy ****ing New Year. The weatherman was wrong (AGAIN). We got 34
****ing inches of snow this time. At this rate it won't melt until the
4th of July. The snowplow got stuck down the road and shit for brains
had the balls to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. I told
him I broke 6 shovels already, shoveling out the shit he plowed into
my driveway. I broke the 7th shovel over his ****ing head.
JAN. 4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and
on the way back a deer ran out in front of the car and I hit the
****er. Did about $3,000.00 damage to the car. Wish the hunters would
have killed them all last November.
MAY 3
Took the car to the garage in town today. Would you believe the body
is rotting away from all the ****ing salt they keep dumping all over
the roads. It really looks like a piece of shit.
MAY 10
Moved to North Carolina today. I can't imagine why anyone in their
right ****ing mind would want to live in the God forsaken State of
Massachusetts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article . com>,

> > > Wonderful... cold weather makes the gal's nipples pop! ))
> > >
> > > Sheldon Glasscutter

> > But all men are equal in the cold...... ;-)

> Get no argument from me there... why I don't like to skinny dip in cold
> water, 'cept some are less equal! hehe
>
> Sheldon

Ever go outside naked in the snow?
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
VegA > wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:19:50 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> > wrote:
>
> >Andy <q> :
> >
> >> It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((
> >>
> >> The house is creaking.
> >>
> >> I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
> >>
> >> Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
> >>
> >> Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
> >>
> >> The BUMS!!!
> >>
> >> Andy
> >>

> >Been cold here, in the evenings, for about a week now. We've hit freezing
> >at least 2 nights. Daytime is seasonal but nights and early mornings have
> >been {{{cold}}}.
> >
> >Michael

> I live North of Chicago but this about sums it up. (No offence to ppl
> from Massachusetts).
>
> BTW, I'm a long time lurker here and posted here a few times a long
> time ago.
>
> Gene (a.k.a. Vega)
>
> Massachusetts Snow Diary

<snipped fun rant story>
> MAY 10
> Moved to North Carolina today. I can't imagine why anyone in their
> right ****ing mind would want to live in the God forsaken State of
> Massachusetts.

I'd seen this before and I can empathize. ;-)
We used to live at 6,000 ft. in the Evergreen area above Denver.

I've shoveled my share of snow at -20 F.
Those damned ice berms the snowplows leave are such heavy shoveling!
And they do it at least 3 times per day or more...

I love Central Texas!
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

OMG it's cold! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 87 19-08-2014 02:17 AM
cold Somebody General Cooking 1 07-10-2012 03:03 AM
Cold from the can? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 110 24-12-2005 04:28 PM