Old 15-10-2006, 11:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default It's cold outside!!!

It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

The house is creaking.

I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.

Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!

Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.

The BUMS!!!

Andy

Old 15-10-2006, 12:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

The house is creaking.

I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.

Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!

Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.

The BUMS!!!

Andy

It's a balmy 53 here in the littlest state. Why am I up this early?
It makes my BIL and sister (who are not related at all) happy.

maxine in ri

Old 15-10-2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Andy q wrote:

It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

The house is creaking.

I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.

Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!

Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.

The BUMS!!!

Andy

Yeah... ain't it grand? :-)
I'm soooo tired of the hot weather!
It was cool enough yesterday to spend a few hours at the pistol range.
Since it's outdoors, it's too hot during the summer. The only drawback
tho' is that it gets more crowded during this weather so you end up
having to share target backdrops. :-P
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Old 15-10-2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet said...

In article , Andy q wrote:

It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

The house is creaking.

I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.

Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!

Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.

The BUMS!!!

Andy

Yeah... ain't it grand? :-)
I'm soooo tired of the hot weather!
It was cool enough yesterday to spend a few hours at the pistol range.
Since it's outdoors, it's too hot during the summer. The only drawback
tho' is that it gets more crowded during this weather so you end up
having to share target backdrops. :-P

I was invited to join the local Field and Stream club but declined
because of the outdoor range. Too many cease-fires for my style.

Oh well.

Andy
Old 15-10-2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 05:23:09 -0500, Andy q wrote:

It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

The house is creaking.

I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.

Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!

Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.

The BUMS!!!

It's coolish here, finally, in the wilds of south Northern California.
Overcast. Maybe 52-ish degrees F at 8:20 a.m. I wish I had time to
make soup today! But I'm preparing for the first of 3 trips over the
next 4.5 weeks, and there's no rest for the wicked.

TammyM

Black Bean Soup
The best black bean soup is made with dried black beans, rather than
canned.

1 pound dried black beans
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 pound bacon
1/4 pound diced ham
4 onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 stalks celery including leaves, chopped
1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 quarts chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup dry sherry
Wash black beans, cover with water and allow to soak overnight; rinse;
drain; set aside.
Pour oil into a large soup pot. Add the bacon, ham, onion, garlic and
celery. Cook at high simmer until vegetables are soft, about 30
minutes. Add beans, rice, seasonings, and broth to soup pot. Bring to
a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Let soup cool; put through the blender a little at a time, until
smooth. Return to soup pot; reheat on low about 45 minutes, adding
wine and sherry. Serve hot.

Old 15-10-2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-15, TammyM wrote:

It's coolish here, finally, in the wilds of south Northern California.
Overcast. Maybe 52-ish degrees F at 8:20 a.m.

Well, make up some salsa for that soup, Tammy. Looks like we're going
to get one last dog day diversion before Autumn falls on us . Low
80's by Wed.

nb
Old 15-10-2006, 05:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

Outside where?

Here, in the NY capitol region, it was 29F when I awoke at 6 AM...
Jack Frost had a busy night, everything glistening beautifully. Now
it's noon and it's 52F. Perfectly nice fall weather, the foliage is
blindingly bright, gorgeous... certainly nothing to kvetch about.
What's with the frowning "(("? I love this clean crisp weather. ))
Andy must be another one of those fercocktah clinically depressed bi
polar bearers of ill will. Andy, you're living your life like you're
already in the grave, just waiting for the dirt to be piled on... don't
you ever feel good about anything, you never even laugh let alone
smile... what a sad, sad soul. Andy, for $5 worth of sisal from Lowes
you can hang yourself... end all your misery.

"A" my name is Andy and my raggedy sister's name is Ann, we live in
Angst and we make Ailments.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Sheldon Rope

Old 15-10-2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-15, TammyM wrote:

It's coolish here, finally, in the wilds of south Northern California.
Overcast. Maybe 52-ish degrees F at 8:20 a.m.

Well, make up some salsa for that soup, Tammy. Looks like we're going
to get one last dog day diversion before Autumn falls on us . Low
80's by Wed.

I'll be in Vegas. High of 72, lows in the low 50's. My kinda
weather.

happy sigh

TammyM

BTW: autumn my a*s "-) When was the last time we had an autumn here?
It's nice up to about Thanksgiving, then there's a "cold" snap and all
the leaves fall from the trees and it's winter. Rain. Fog. Gray.
No autumn colors. Bleh. I like the winter, but I miss the autumn
season I remember from childhood.
Old 15-10-2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:12:50 -0600, Christine Dabney
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:51:20 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:

BTW: autumn my a*s "-) When was the last time we had an autumn here?
It's nice up to about Thanksgiving, then there's a "cold" snap and all
the leaves fall from the trees and it's winter. Rain. Fog. Gray.
No autumn colors. Bleh. I like the winter, but I miss the autumn
season I remember from childhood.

That's what I am enjoying about being here in NM now. The trees are
changing colors, the skies are full of hot air balloons, and it is
starting to stay really nice and crisp here, even during the day. It's
noon here, and only 63 degrees, with this glorious endless blue sky.

Thinking about your bean soup this week, Tammy. I have all the
ingredients, and it looks like it might come together quickly enough.
I can sit at my butcher block and chop some stuff..and my friend can
do some of the other stuff.. What do you usually serve with this?
Something easy, I hope.

I'm envious of your weather! Although it's quite lovely and gray and
overcast here, and about the same temp. I'm sitting here typing in a
long-sleeved t-shirt, shorts and Birks. Oh how NorCal of me! :-)

I tend to serve the soup as is. Maybe some nice crusty bread, or if
I'm really ambitious (not happening today!) a sort of Texy-Mexy salad
with corn ships and dressing made of salsa/sour cream.

I've been working my butt off today! Not a bad thing. The house is
pretty damned ship-shape with the exception of 2 rooms (the back room
and my computer room.) All things in good time.

You get that surprise yet? I'm dying to know!

TammyM

Old 15-10-2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

Wonderful... cold weather makes the gal's nipples pop! ))

Sheldon Glasscutter

Old 15-10-2006, 09:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com,
"Sheldon" wrote:

Andy wrote:
It's 32 F. degrees outside. ((

Wonderful... cold weather makes the gal's nipples pop! ))

Sheldon Glasscutter

But all men are equal in the cold...... ;-)

Old 15-10-2006, 09:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 3:23 am, Andy q wrote:
It's 32 F. degrees outside. (( The house is creaking.
I don't know if I can wait until 10 a.m. for brunch.
Got my slippers on, for cryin' out loud!
Those Farmer's Almanac folks know what they're talking about.
The BUMS!!!

Andy, I cannot imagine such weather. My average daily winter temps run
'round 60 degrees, with an occasional night getting below 50. Plus, my
winter runs through ony about four months, and the rest of most any
year is summer. Pretty much just two seasons here in the Southern
California High Desert.

....Picky
Who'llNotBuyTheLastPizzaPiece,ButSureWillAndy-ShareFrom
TheTwoXlargePerOrderNightsSheFreezesIntoTwosForOth erDays.

OMG it's cold! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 87 19-08-2014 02:17 AM
cold Somebody General Cooking 1 07-10-2012 03:03 AM
Cold from the can? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 110 24-12-2005 03:28 PM