FoodBanter.com

-   -   Silly Question (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/103888-silly-question.html)

Green Mtn. Griller 14-10-2006 06:16 AM

Silly Question

Had the show "Numb3rs" on the TV earlier tonight, though we weren't really
paying attention to it, But I did pick up on a line from a female to one of
the shows stars (not Judd Hersch!), that she had heard that women find men
who cook sexy. I had to ask DW if that was true and she agreed
(sarcastically, I think - "oh, yes dear"), but I really think her answer was
biased by the fact that I do the dishes, also! Do any of you gals out there
think that men who can cook are sexy? Oops! GTG! DW just "mentioned" that
those dishes in the drainboard aren't going to put themselves away! ;-)

Green Mtn. Griller 15-10-2006 04:17 AM

Silly Question

"Green Mtn. Griller" > wrote in message
> Had the show "Numb3rs" on the TV earlier tonight, though we weren't really
> paying attention to it, But I did pick up on a line from a female to one
> of the shows stars (not Judd Hersch!), that she had heard that women find
> men who cook sexy. I had to ask DW if that was true and she agreed
> (sarcastically, I think - "oh, yes dear"), but I really think her answer
> was biased by the fact that I do the dishes, also! Do any of you gals out
> there think that men who can cook are sexy? Oops! GTG! DW just
> "mentioned" that those dishes in the drainboard aren't going to put
> themselves away! ;-)

So the lack of replies leads me to believe: 1. Gender identities are being
protected; I appreciate that. After all, you don't know me at all. 2. It
was such a silly question that a dumbass like myself doesn't deserve a
reply. In which case, you've been speaking to folks who do know me! ;-)

Nancy Young 15-10-2006 04:47 AM

Silly Question

"Green Mtn. Griller" > wrote

> "Green Mtn. Griller" > wrote in message
>> Had the show "Numb3rs" on the TV earlier tonight, though we weren't
>> really paying attention to it, But I did pick up on a line from a female
>> to one of the shows stars (not Judd Hersch!), that she had heard that
>> women find men who cook sexy. I had to ask DW if that was true and she
>> agreed (sarcastically, I think - "oh, yes dear"), but I really think her
>> answer was biased by the fact that I do the dishes, also! Do any of you
>> gals out there think that men who can cook are sexy? Oops! GTG! DW
>> just "mentioned" that those dishes in the drainboard aren't going to put
>> themselves away! ;-)

> So the lack of replies leads me to believe: 1. Gender identities are
> being protected; I appreciate that. After all, you don't know me at all.
> 2. It was such a silly question that a dumbass like myself doesn't
> deserve a reply. In which case, you've been speaking to folks who do know
> me! ;-)

Well, there is something to be said for a guy who knows his way
around a kitchen. Let's just say I would not find it particularly sexy if
a guy claimed he couldn't even figure out how to open a can of soup.
I've heard of guys like that.

So, I operate under the assumption that a guy I think is sexy of course
knows how to cook. So far I'm right.

nancy

15-10-2006 04:53 AM

Silly Question

>"Green Mtn. Griller" > wrote in message
>> Had the show "Numb3rs" on the TV earlier tonight, though we weren't really
>> paying attention to it, But I did pick up on a line from a female to one
>> of the shows stars (not Judd Hersch!), that she had heard that women find
>> men who cook sexy. I had to ask DW if that was true and she agreed
>> (sarcastically, I think - "oh, yes dear"), but I really think her answer
>> was biased by the fact that I do the dishes, also! Do any of you gals out
>> there think that men who can cook are sexy? Oops! GTG! DW just
>> "mentioned" that those dishes in the drainboard aren't going to put
>> themselves away! ;-)

I took over cooking when I retired.

When my wife tells this to her friends,
the response is envy...Envy...ENVY !