Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Chef makes wedding gown with cream puffs"

In the Ukraine.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012/...BhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Excerpt:

"UZHHOROD, Ukraine - Valentyn Shtefano's pastries were known for
attracting stares and giggles as well as lip-smacking murmurs. But even
his fiancee was surprised when Shtefano told her he was making her
wedding dress - out of flour, eggs, sugar and caramel.

"The dress - made of 1,500 cream puffs and weighing 20 pounds -
took the 28-year-old baker two months to make, and by the end of the
wedding reception, bride Viktoriya said she didn't want to take it off.

"Shtefano is a rising star in the field of baking as visual art,
earning him a following in this city near the border with Slovakia. His
creations have generated a buzz in a place where cake is often layers
of heavy cream, wafers and nuts or poppy seeds - more something to
eat than to look at........."

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> In the Ukraine.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012/...BhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

> Excerpt:
>
> "UZHHOROD, Ukraine - Valentyn Shtefano's pastries were known for
> attracting stares and giggles as well as lip-smacking murmurs. But even
> his fiancee was surprised when Shtefano told her he was making her
> wedding dress - out of flour, eggs, sugar and caramel.
>
> "The dress - made of 1,500 cream puffs and weighing 20 pounds -
> took the 28-year-old baker two months to make, and by the end of the
> wedding reception, bride Viktoriya said she didn't want to take it off.
>
> "Shtefano is a rising star in the field of baking as visual art,
> earning him a following in this city near the border with Slovakia. His
> creations have generated a buzz in a place where cake is often layers
> of heavy cream, wafers and nuts or poppy seeds - more something to
> eat than to look at........."
>

> Lenona.

I'm wondering if the guests were suppossed to eat it??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012/...de;_ylt=AtX_Yq
> PvEZ7wVhKHRF0miqWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYw M5NjQ-
>
> Excerpt:
>
> "UZHHOROD, Ukraine - Valentyn Shtefano's pastries were known for
> attracting stares and giggles as well as lip-smacking murmurs. But even
> his fiancee was surprised when Shtefano told her he was making her
> wedding dress - out of flour, eggs, sugar and caramel.
>
> "The dress - made of 1,500 cream puffs and weighing 20 pounds -
> took the 28-year-old baker two months to make, and by the end of the
> wedding reception, bride Viktoriya said she didn't want to take it off.

<snip>

How...odd! I mean sure, it's an advertising stunt by a young
baker, but what a ghastly way to spend your wedding day; I'm
sure she couldn't sit or dance in that thing... :-D

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
>
>In the Ukraine.

"Wife makes husband clean kitchen for rest of their lives."

--Blair