Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Keeping chocolate shiny - brown

I like to melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip my biscotti in it.
But after the chocolate dries - the chocolate looks pasty white -
almost chalky. What can I add to the chocolate to keep shiny after it
dries? Someone mentioned cream . . .

TIA
JaKe
Seattle

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

>I like to melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip my biscotti in it.
> But after the chocolate dries - the chocolate looks pasty white -
> almost chalky. What can I add to the chocolate to keep shiny after it
> dries? Someone mentioned cream . . .

For some reason I thought keeping it shiny was
why you were supposed to temper chocolate. Look
for that, I think it's your answer.

nancy