Old 12-10-2006, 06:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Keeping chocolate shiny - brown

I like to melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip my biscotti in it.
But after the chocolate dries - the chocolate looks pasty white -
almost chalky. What can I add to the chocolate to keep shiny after it
dries? Someone mentioned cream . . .

TIA
JaKe
Seattle

Old 12-10-2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
denise~* wrote:
wrote:
I like to melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip my biscotti in it.
But after the chocolate dries - the chocolate looks pasty white -
almost chalky. What can I add to the chocolate to keep shiny after it
dries? Someone mentioned cream . . .

TIA
JaKe
Seattle

I just actually looked this up for donuts, although not sure how well
it dries for biscotti. might be soft set

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/satiny-...ze/detail.aspx

you could probably nuke the chips...if you are careful.

I did nuke the chips. Someone else said corn syrup could help as well
- anyone?

JaKe

I meant nuke instead of using a double boiler, per the recipe I posted.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote

I like to melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip my biscotti in it.
But after the chocolate dries - the chocolate looks pasty white -
almost chalky. What can I add to the chocolate to keep shiny after it
dries? Someone mentioned cream . . .

For some reason I thought keeping it shiny was
why you were supposed to temper chocolate. Look
for that, I think it's your answer.

nancy