Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT -- Congress keeping us in the dark

Recently, the US House of Representatives passed a bill restricting any
state from requiring more information on food labels than the FDA
requires. (The Senate seems to have delayed consideration until after
the elections.)

The time to respond to this is now, from today until Nov. 7. More on
teh issue and what we can do at:
http://franklpalmer.tripod.com/fmain.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peanuts ... The Congress repealed the law paying tobacco farmers not
to grow tobacco and the rider was to loan them millions without
provisions
to pay back the loans ....Free money to plant tobacco .
The tobacco loan program !!
AND ! The master settlement agreement pays them millions from the
money thats supposed to go to health care !

Congress would be convicted and deported if all Americans knew !

wrote:
> Recently, the US House of Representatives passed a bill restricting any
> state from requiring more information on food labels than the FDA
> requires. (The Senate seems to have delayed consideration until after
> the elections.)
>
> The time to respond to this is now, from today until Nov. 7. More on
> teh issue and what we can do at:

http://franklpalmer.tripod.com/fmain.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

What the hell does that have to do with peanuts! A lot of farmers around
here can barely get through the year growing peanuts in this sandy soil.
My guess is you don't have several billion addicted people screaming for
peanuts.

ups.com...