Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Colander & Angel Hair Spaghetti

"denise~*" > wrote in message
ups.com...

>> > Oops, my true colors are showing?
>> >
>> > Did I mention I put my cereal in Tupperware containers & they have to
>> > be on the shelf in order of size. :-)
>> >

>> That *is* extreme. Clothespins on the original inner bags isn't enough
>> for
>> you?

> Nope. They would get stale & it looks messy. :-)

They don't get stale unless you're challenged by the concept of rolling the
top of the bag before clipping. If you can't manage that, you'd be living in
a group home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Eric" > wrote in message
> Christopher Helms > wrote:

>> I use angel hair all the time and have never had that happen.

> So, which one do you use?

You have not answered an question asked earlier: What percentage of your
angel hair pasta would you estimate falls out of the holes?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> >> I use angel hair all the time and have never had that happen.

> > So, which one do you use?

> You have not answered an question asked earlier: What percentage of your
> angel hair pasta would you estimate falls out of the holes?

None.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>> > So, which one do you use?

>> You have not answered an question asked earlier: What percentage of your
>> angel hair pasta would you estimate falls out of the holes?

> None.

I addressed that question to Eric, who might be realizing by now that he
really does not have a problem. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [Q] Colander & Angel Hair Spaghetti

sandi wrote:

> I don't mind. I rinse and drain & pour food well then rinse, soak
> and scrub my various strainers with a tooth brush or round dish
> brush. No gummed up residue left in mine. :-)

Wayyyyyyyyyy too complicated for me, lol. I just toss my into the
dishwasher and let it handle it. Works like a charm for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> >> That *is* extreme. Clothespins on the original inner bags isn't enough
> >> for
> >> you?

> > Nope. They would get stale & it looks messy. :-)
> >

> They don't get stale unless you're challenged by the concept of rolling the
> top of the bag before clipping. If you can't manage that, you'd be living in
> a group home.

They would still look messy though ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"denise~*" > wrote in message
ps.com...

>> > Nope. They would get stale & it looks messy. :-)
>> >

>> They don't get stale unless you're challenged by the concept of rolling
>> the
>> top of the bag before clipping. If you can't manage that, you'd be living
>> in
>> a group home.

> They would still look messy though ;-)

You keep the bags in the cereal boxes! You must be retired. Or, you need a
hobby. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> You have not answered an question asked earlier: What percentage of your
>>> angel hair pasta would you estimate falls out of the holes?

>> None.
>>

> I addressed that question to Eric, who might be realizing by now that he
> really does not have a problem. :-)

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> >> Probably about as hard as it is for you to be bitchy for no good reason.
> >>

> > Wow. There is a pot and a kettle. She is right. How hard can it be to
> > strain
> > angel hair pasta with a regular colander?
> >

> Oh **** off, Dave.

LOL,. Good rebuttal o the sugegtion that you calling someone a bitch is like
the pot calling the kettle black.

> Some people are more detail-oriented than others, and those few escaping
> angel-hair pasta pieces bother them. There was no need for Jill to get
> snotty about it.

Sure. Get snotty about someone suggesting that it is pretty easy to use a
strainer and then suggest that it is "detail-oriented" to worry about the non
issue of angel hair pasta escaping through the holes in a colander. What kind
of anal retentive freak worries about a few strands of pasta? That is not
"detail-oriented". That's just ****ing weird and anal..... apparently one of
your better qualities.

> Plus, a strainer would be a lot harder to wash than a collander.

No Shit Einstein. That is why I suggested using a colander.

> To the OP: try slipping the cook pot under the collander as soon as
> you dump the angel hair in. That way you catch what might pasta have gone
> down the drain.

What does a poor anal retentive moron like you do with strand or two that may
end up in the pot? Now that extra pot that is going to have to be washed is
also going to have to be emptied. Heaven forbid that it may end up in the sink
strainer basket.

> And furthermo **** OFF Dave.

Try some medication.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:

> >> I use angel hair all the time and have never had that happen.

> > So, which one do you use?

> You have not answered an question asked earlier: What percentage of your
> angel hair pasta would you estimate falls out of the holes?

Enough to be annoying which is why I asked the original question.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Eric" > wrote:

> Enough to be annoying which is why I asked the original question.

Just put a pot under it, that is what I do. Then you just pick up the
collander
and snag whatever has fallen through and pop it back in the collander.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Oct 2006 14:18:00 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Tue 10 Oct 2006 05:06:59p, denise~* meant to say...
>

>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> Oh pshaw, on Mon 09 Oct 2006 06:10:29p, Eric meant to say...

>>> I use a mesh colander like this one:
>>>
>>> http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=117011

>> Ohh, we are colander buddies. I have the same one!
>>

>I really like this type. I have two smaller nesting sizes of the same.
>Can't remember the last time I used my "regular" colander.

I've always had strainers like that... only recently did I buy what
you'd call a colander.

Similar, but now exact:
https://www.kingsofhagley.co.uk/images/kctwhcol24.jpg
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Eric" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:

>> > So, which one do you use?

>> You have not answered an question asked earlier: What percentage of your
>> angel hair pasta would you estimate falls out of the holes?

> Enough to be annoying which is why I asked the original question.

OK. Take your colander to the store and find one with smaller holes. Bring a
set of small drill bits to use as measuring tools for the holes. Do not
trust your eyes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 12 Oct 2006 12:19:25a, meant to say...

> On 11 Oct 2006 14:18:00 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Tue 10 Oct 2006 05:06:59p, denise~* meant to say...

>>> Ohh, we are colander buddies. I have the same one!
>>>

>>I really like this type. I have two smaller nesting sizes of the same.
>>Can't remember the last time I used my "regular" colander.

> I've always had strainers like that... only recently did I buy what
> you'd call a colander.
>
> Similar, but now exact:
> https://www.kingsofhagley.co.uk/images/kctwhcol24.jpg

I have one similar to that, too, but rarely use it.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Clinton excuse #15: Hey - I just do what the wife says

Posted to rec.food.cooking

What you need is called a Seive or China Cap not a Colander.
http://www.chefdepot.net/chinoise.htm
You can spend anywhere from twenty to eighty dollars on one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Oct 2006 14:35:11 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> https://www.kingsofhagley.co.uk/images/kctwhcol24.jpg

>I have one similar to that, too, but rarely use it.

My old strainer style collandar rusted out after 25 years +.... so
it's my only choice now. I have large strainers for smaller
jobs.

--
See return address to reply by email