Old 04-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Nancy Young

Default aluminum cook were

Lucian Wischik wrote:

Half of all fifty year-olds have alzheimers. For 80-year-olds the
figure rises to something like 95%.

I have to wonder where you got these statistics?

nancy

Old 04-10-2003, 08:04 PM
PENMART01

Nancy Young writes:

Lucian Wischik wrote:

Half of all fifty year-olds have alzheimers. For 80-year-olds the
figure rises to something like 95%.

I have to wonder where you got these statistics?

Obviously made up on the spot (cites no corroborative references) as with all
the rest.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old 05-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Lucian Wischik" wrote in message

Fresh tuna and salmon from the fishmonger.

.. There's almost no aluminium in our food products.

If you care at all what you ingest, you'd not be eating tuna and salmon.
The mercury content is far greater than what you can get from a potato cook
in an aluminum pan.

Perhaps you should expand your research a bit.
Ed

Old 05-10-2003, 04:21 AM
modom

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 14:54:43 -0400, zenit
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:57:26 +0200, Lucian Wischik
had to open a new box of zerones to say

Hahabogus wrote:
You are forgetting all the cans that store your food. I imagion that a can
of food sitting on a shelf for a year would absorb a lot more alunminum
than 15 minutes in a frying pan. So no beer,Soda pop, tuna ,salmon or
various other items including drinking boxes that can't be in your diet.

Beer from bottles. Don't drink pop, but when we buy it we buy it in
plastic bottles. Fresh tuna and salmon from the fishmonger. Wine from
bottles. There's almost no aluminium in our food products.

If in fact (and that is a big if) Aluminum was a major factor in alzheimer
everybody since about 1960 would have it. Even preperation H came in
aluminum tubes it still might. Better to worry over what can leech out of
the plastic wraps and containers than to worry over Aluminum.

Half of all fifty year-olds have alzheimers. For 80-year-olds the
figure rises to something like 95%. Have you met patients with
alzheimers, or spoken to their families or carers? it's
heart-breaking. I worry a great deal about alzheimers.

There are no scientific findings which support your statements;
therefore, I must conclude that you're not only full of shit, you are
a troll...

! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
zenit

I'd try to argue about this stuff, myself, but I'm over fifty and
can't connect the dots anymore.

Anybody here remember Joel Ehrlich? He was quick to disabuse people
of their fears concerning an aluminum/Alzheimer's connection. As I
recall, Joel, who was/is a professional cook, happily pointed out that
almost all commercial kitchen pans are aluminum. If aluminum scares
you, don't eat out. Ever.

modom

Since I lost the brindle cat,
The rats come right up and peer into the pot.
-- Han Shan
Old 05-10-2003, 06:46 AM
alzelt

Hahabogus wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Really? My father's a research in alzheimer disease, and he doesn't
let us use aluminum. He wrote an article on the subject:

I'm glad your father's a research. But how to you live not using aluminum?
It is in most everything from toothpaste to cloth. Even cotton fibres have
aluminum content. I myself wouldn't like being naked with rotting teeth.

Not a pretty picture!!!!

--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Old 05-10-2003, 06:48 AM
alzelt

Nancy Young wrote:

Lucian Wischik wrote:

Half of all fifty year-olds have alzheimers. For 80-year-olds the
figure rises to something like 95%.

I have to wonder where you got these statistics?

nancy

Mayb, what he meant to say was that 95% of alzheimer victims are over
80 years old.

Old 05-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Bob Pastorio

Hahabogus wrote:

[...]

Joel's retired now, but he still knows what he's talking about.

Aluminum is the most plentiful metal on earth. Virtually everything we
eat has at least traces of it. Here's a decent web site about aluminum
and its effects and properties.
http://dcnutrition.com/minerals/Detail.CFM?RecordNumber=35

Pastorio

Old 05-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Steve Knight

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 09:17:28 +0200, Lucian Wischik wrote:

Really? My father's a research in alzheimer disease, and he doesn't
let us use aluminum. He wrote an article on the subject:

well I hope you never ate an antacid tablet. as you get about 100 times more
aluminum then you could every get in a lifetime of pan use.
aluminum is in a lot of things it is a pretty plentiful element.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old 10-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Lucian Wischik

Nancy Young wrote:
Lucian Wischik wrote:
Half of all fifty year-olds have alzheimers. For 80-year-olds the
figure rises to something like 95%.

I have to wonder where you got these statistics?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my father is a researcher in the
field, so it's a common topic of discussion at the dinner table. The
usually quoted statistics is 10% of 65-y-o, rising to 50% of 85-y-o.
e.g. here
http://seniorcare-solution.com/resource.html
We reckon these are drastically under-reporting the prevelance. Why?
-- because Brauch Stage 1 is hard to diagnose. Patients can cover up
their lapses easily. It's hard to distinguish vascular dementia from
alzheimer's dementia. And we're conditioned to accept forgetfulness as
such a natural part of ageing that we don't even bother asking what
condition has caused it.

--
Lucian