Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Follow-up on Italian squash recipe

I had my little dinner party tonight, and did the squash and Italian
sausage side dish. It was very good - none left over! Thank you
Sheldon for the suggestion that was the basis of this recipe - I never
would have thought of this without outside help.

I peeled and cubed the butternut squash, tossed it in a little olive
oil, sea salt, and pepper, then baked it till it was about half cooked
(30 minutes).

Meanwhile, I skinned 3 mild Italian sausages and sauteed the crumbled
meat.

I mixed ~1/2 cup of breadcrumbs with ~1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
and some Italian spices, and mixed this with the sausage meat.

Around 1/2 hour before mealtime, I tossed the sausage/breadcrumb
mixture with the squash and stuck it back in the oven. I stirred it a
couple of times before taking it out.

Next time I do this (and I *will* be doing this again!), I'll probably
add some onion and/or garlic to the sausage meat. Perhaps a bit more
salt. And I might try it with hot Italian sausage instead of mild,
even though my DH doesn't like the hot stuff too much.

Thanks again,

Jo Anne