Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Minnesota cook-in recipes

It's taken me a month (oy! where does the time go!), but I finally have
the photos and recipes from my dishes and Steve's dishes from the WWT
Minnesota cook-in over Labor Day weekend.

Barb, Tammy, if you'd like to add anything to the page, please let me
know.

http://www.twosheep.com/blog/?page_id=470

June

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> It's taken me a month (oy! where does the time go!), but I finally have
> the photos and recipes from my dishes and Steve's dishes from the WWT
> Minnesota cook-in over Labor Day weekend.
>
> Barb, Tammy, if you'd like to add anything to the page, please let me
> know.

http://www.twosheep.com/blog/?page_id=470

> June

Completely unrelated...
I never realized Two Sheep was your blog! I've seen your patterns and whatnot
in my scourings of the web! Very cool stuff you have there. I've considered
doing the dna scarf before, but my knitting skills are a tad limited compared
to my crochet skills. What a cool coincidence.

Anyway, I'm still a little sad I missed the cook in, even more so after seeing
the peach slaw and frech vanilla ice cream.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote:

> Completely unrelated...
> I never realized Two Sheep was your blog! I've seen your patterns and whatnot
> in my scourings of the web! Very cool stuff you have there.

Thank you!

> Anyway, I'm still a little sad I missed the cook in, even more so after seeing
> the peach slaw and frech vanilla ice cream.

We'll have another one again, and you can come to that one!

-j.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Oct 2006 18:30:41 -0700, " >
wrote:

>It's taken me a month (oy! where does the time go!), but I finally have
>the photos and recipes from my dishes and Steve's dishes from the WWT
>Minnesota cook-in over Labor Day weekend.
>
>Barb, Tammy, if you'd like to add anything to the page, please let me
>know.
>
>http://www.twosheep.com/blog/?page_id=470

Can you get Vanessa to post her bread recipe? That was TDF!

Afghani Qorma

6 tbs vegetable oil (don't skimp!)
4 medium onions, finely chopped
2 pounds chicken, cut up
1-2 tbs tomato puree (sauce -- I usually use more, I like it really
REALLY saucy, like me :-)
2 oz yellow split peas
1 tsp char masala (recipe below) (I usually use more, to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper (again, I use more)
pinch red pepper (optional)
salt to taste

Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Fry over medium to
high heat, stirring frequently until golden brown and soft. Add the
meat and fry again until the meat and onions are well browned. Mix in
the tomato puree and conitnue frying for a minute or two. Add 1/2 cup
water, split peas, and the spices and bring to a boil, then turn down
the heat and simmer until the meat is cooked and the split peas soft.
Add a little more water if necessary. The sauce should be thick and
oily. Serve with chalau (rice).

Char masala:
2:1:1:1 cinnamon; cumin; coriander; cloves

When I use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1 each of the other, I have
only a little bit of the mixture remaining when the sauce tastes
"right" to me. This is the level of spice in which I was first
tasted the dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

> Can you get Vanessa to post her bread recipe? That was TDF!

I asked her - and will post if she provides it.

Thanks for providing the recipe! I'll find the matching photo (in an
email from Barb somewhere) and append it to the recipe page.

June