Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crockpots don't work...

...when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

My only concern would be how long the raw chicken sat out before you
realized it wasn't cooking? How long was it sitting there un-cooking..?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Goomba38 > said:
> Little Malice wrote:

> > ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> > tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> > going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

> My only concern would be how long the raw chicken sat out before you
> realized it wasn't cooking? How long was it sitting there un-cooking..?

Good point, but it was less than an hour. Fortunately my computer desk
is right next to the kitchen...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote

> ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

That's okay, I learned a couple weeks ago, if you don't
turn it off, it stays hot, so when you go to wipe down the
outer part of the thing, you will burn yourself.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Little Malice" wrote
>
> > ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> > tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> > going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

> That's okay, I learned a couple weeks ago, if you don't
> turn it off, it stays hot, so when you go to wipe down the
> outer part of the thing, you will burn yourself.

Okay... I've only used my new slow cooker a few times so maybe I'm not
so familiar, but why would one ever need to wipe down the outside... I
store mine on a shelf in a closed pantry, so it doesn't even collect
much dust. I only need to wash the ceramic insert and the glass lid...
I can understand having to wait for those to cool... the outside
portion needs no more wiping down than the day it emerged from its
carton.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

They can't possibly work , for they violate fundamentals of
cooking .
You must cook each food til its properly
cooked .
Foods can't cook the same time .
And water in food holds cook temp to 200 F .
That makes it worse .

Things left for long time dont involve hi heat .

why not learn to cook properly ?

first learn which foods are critical .

which are less critical .

Which foods need exact pH ( acidity /alkalininty or salt )

Also uncovered fry pans are for TV cooks , you can't get
the heat right . Covering helps , but insulation is best .

_____________________________________

Little Malice wrote:
> ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..
>

> --
> "Little Malice" is Jani in WA
> ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Little Malice wrote:
> ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

You mean you're still going to use the crockpot? Chicken cacciatore is
easily done on the stovetop in less than an hour. Why wait? -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Okay... I've only used my new slow cooker a few times so maybe I'm not
> so familiar, but why would one ever need to wipe down the outside... I
> store mine on a shelf in a closed pantry, so it doesn't even collect
> much dust. I only need to wash the ceramic insert and the glass lid...
> I can understand having to wait for those to cool... the outside
> portion needs no more wiping down than the day it emerged from its
> carton.

spills happen. as do splatters at times. Not commonly, but not unheard
of either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> That's okay, I learned a couple weeks ago, if you don't
>> turn it off, it stays hot, so when you go to wipe down the
>> outer part of the thing, you will burn yourself.

> Okay... I've only used my new slow cooker a few times so maybe I'm not
> so familiar, but why would one ever need to wipe down the outside... I
> store mine on a shelf in a closed pantry, so it doesn't even collect
> much dust. I only need to wash the ceramic insert and the glass lid...
> I can understand having to wait for those to cool... the outside
> portion needs no more wiping down than the day it emerged from its
> carton.

It looked grody, obviously I wasn't the one who put it away
last time. I wipe down all my appliances after I use them. They
get dirty from splashes if they happen, and being stored for months
on end does nothing to improve that situation.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "aem" > said:
> Little Malice wrote:

> > ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> > tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> > going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

> You mean you're still going to use the crockpot? Chicken cacciatore is
> easily done on the stovetop in less than an hour. Why wait? -aem

Short answer: it was already in the crockpot. Long answer:

When I first started making chicken cacciatore (high school), I
always cooked it on the stove, in my mom's big cast iron chicken
fryer. After I moved out, my cookware (and knowledge thereof) was
pretty limited, and I bought a stainless steel dutch oven that had
an aluminum disk on the bottom. Just about everything I cooked in
that sucker wound up scorched on the bottom. Eventually I switched
to using the crockpot and noticed the slower cooking method gives
it a nice, rich flavor that reminds me of what I got from that old
chicken fryer. Also, I like getting the preparation done in the
earlier part of the day, when I've got more energy. All I've got
left to do know is make some rice and serve...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Little Malice wrote:

> Short answer: it was already in the crockpot. Long answer:
>
> [snip] All I've got
> left to do know is make some rice and serve...

Can't argue with any of that. It's also good with pasta. I think we
used fettucine the last time. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "aem" > said:
> Little Malice wrote:

> > Short answer: it was already in the crockpot. Long answer:
> >
> > [snip] All I've got
> > left to do know is make some rice and serve...

> Can't argue with any of that.

Well then, I'm not doing my job. ;-)

> It's also good with pasta. I think we
> used fettucine the last time. -aem

Pasta does sound good -- the rice is for DH and DS; I like mine over
bread, which they find strange...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >> That's okay, I learned a couple weeks ago, if you don't
> >> turn it off, it stays hot, so when you go to wipe down the
> >> outer part of the thing, you will burn yourself.

> > Okay... I've only used my new slow cooker a few times so maybe I'm not
> > so familiar, but why would one ever need to wipe down the outside... I
> > store mine on a shelf in a closed pantry, so it doesn't even collect
> > much dust. I only need to wash the ceramic insert and the glass lid...
> > I can understand having to wait for those to cool... the outside
> > portion needs no more wiping down than the day it emerged from its
> > carton.

> It looked grody, obviously I wasn't the one who put it away
> last time. I wipe down all my appliances after I use them. They
> get dirty from splashes if they happen, and being stored for months
> on end does nothing to improve that situation.

Oh. I never think about such things... I guess I'm just naturally
neat... people often ask how can I cook without spattering/spilling.
Remember the picture of my pan filled with burgers, some thought it was
phoney because there were no spattters on my stove. Maybe I have the
look... the way my baby blues glare into the fry pan that grease is
ascared to spatter out. <g>

When serving try holding your plate so its edge is inside the edge of
your pot while ladling, no drips. You learn such basics when having to
serve many hundreds at a time from a steam table... no one gets served
lest they place their dish in proper position... the trick is to make
them reach in by serving from the edge nearest me, and everyone quickly
learned not to pull away too fast lest they wear hot gravy from thumb
tip to wrist... at meal's end there'd not be one drop on my steam
table.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey, would one of y'all please post a T & T chicken cacciatore recipe
for me? I've tried a couple, but they just were NOT right...nothing
like my mother's was.

Thanks!

~Eri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Sheldon" > said:

<snip>

> Remember the picture of my pan filled with burgers, some thought it was
> phoney because there were no spattters on my stove. Maybe I have the
> look... the way my baby blues glare into the fry pan that grease is
> ascared to spatter out. <g>

Ahh, I must need to glare at my food more, I'd have less clean
up... ;-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> It looked grody, obviously I wasn't the one who put it away
>> last time. I wipe down all my appliances after I use them. They
>> get dirty from splashes if they happen, and being stored for months
>> on end does nothing to improve that situation.

> Oh. I never think about such things... I guess I'm just naturally
> neat... people often ask how can I cook without spattering/spilling.
> Remember the picture of my pan filled with burgers, some thought it was
> phoney because there were no spattters on my stove. Maybe I have the
> look... the way my baby blues glare into the fry pan that grease is
> ascared to spatter out. <g>

A grease intimidator! I really have no idea how the *outside* of the
crockpot got dirty, I'm kinda fussy about things like that. I'm far from
a neatnik, don't get the wrong idea. Also, sometimes things look clean,
give it time, you find out it wasn't as clean as you thought when you put
it away.

But, no, this sucker was so not clean. I deny any responsibility.
Except for being stupid enough to leave it turned out, without
even the crock being in it.

Tomorrow I clean the refrigerator. That's going to be one hellaceous
wet mess.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Felines&Fuzzbutts" > said:

> Hey, would one of y'all please post a T & T chicken cacciatore recipe
> for me? I've tried a couple, but they just were NOT right...nothing
> like my mother's was.

I originally got mine from a Betty Crocker or Better Homes
cookbook back in '81 or so. I've made a few changes since then,
but this is what I made for dinner tonight. I think most recipes
call for stewed tomatoes, I just don't like them as much as the
sauce. You can adjust the seasonings to taste, of course. And
the instructions are for stove top cooking, but I do like the
crockpot best:

Chicken Cacciatore

8-10 pieces cut-up frying chicken (I use thighs)
Seasoned flour
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into rings
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30+ oz. tomato sauce (at least two 15 oz. cans)
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. Black Pepper
¼ tsp. Oregano

Dip chicken pieces in flour and brown in oil in large frying pan
over medium heat, then set aside. Reduce heat to med-low; add peppers,
onion, and garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally, until veggies are
slightly softened. Put tomato sauce and seasonings into large kettle
or dutch oven, add cooked vegetables and mix well. Add chicken one
piece at a time, making sure each is well covered with sauce. Cook
over med-low, stirring occasionally, for 45-55 minutes or until
largest pieces are fork-tender. Serve over rice, noodles, or biscuits.

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote on 01 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Chicken Cacciatore

From a better homes and garden crockpot cookbook, I liked it.

Even though, I never having bought tapioca in any form before, had a
devil of a time finding quick cooking tapioca.

I made a double batch recently to fill the freezer for lunches.

I used a 'italian herbed seasoned' pasta sauce (I think hunts).

Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe

none

8 chicken thighs or legs, skin removed (4 quater panels)
1 cup tomato based italian pasta sauce, home made or purchased
1 onion, chopped
1 fennel bulb chopped* my addition
1 sweet pepper, chopped
1 large carrot, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced or more, to taste
1/2 cup dry wine (substitute water and 2 teaspoons vinegar)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1/2 tsp italian seasoning *my addition

Container: Slow cooker, 4 or 5 quart
Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Directions

Spread 1/2 the tomato sauce over bottom of slow cooker. Add pepper,
onion,
celery, carrot, mushrooms and garlic. Cover with chicken pieces. Mix
remaining tomato sauce with wine, soy sauce and tapioca. Pour over
chicken.

Cook HIGH about 3 hours, or LOW about 6 hours.
Delicious served over pasta, polenta, rice or potatoes.

TIP: Slow cookers vary in temperature and therefore in the amount of time
each food takes to cook completely. Get acquainted with the
characteristics of your particular slow cooker to help you estimate
whether it may take more or less time for any given recipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Tomorrow I clean the refrigerator. That's going to be one hellaceous
> wet mess.

I don't envy you, that is one job I really abhor. .. takes half a day
and then no one notices... I'd rather clean windows, at least I get to
look at my work, through it too! lol

Hint from ex mil: leave a few saucers inside fridge, for placing
containers on that are liable to drip, It works... if they're there
you'll use them. Ever so often replace crudy saucers with clean and
pop scrungy ones in dishwasher. Still gotta clean the fridge once in a
while but without all those dried on drips it's a much easier job and
needs cleaning much less often. And I would never ever again own a
fridge with wire shelves... glass shelves are wonderful, well worth the
few extra bucks to upgrade.... pays for itself first time you forget to
place a platter under defrosting meat, or that box of dago red
contracts a venereal disease. hehe

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Oct 2006 18:07:31 -0700, "Sheldon" > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Tomorrow I clean the refrigerator. That's going to be one hellaceous
>> wet mess.

>I don't envy you, that is one job I really abhor. .. takes half a day
>and then no one notices... I'd rather clean windows, at least I get to
>look at my work, through it too! lol

I just finished cleaning my extra fridge, and boy was it cruddy from
being in storage for 3 years. I was lucky in that I had my friend
helping me: she was able to do the bottom since I couldn't bend to get
to it.
Now it is all sparkling..

Before surgery, I am trying to clean out the main fridge, at least
piecemeal. I have a KitchenAid, and they have these removeable
"bins/shelves"... I figure I can do those in bits and pieces, and not
make it an overwhelming chore.

And I would never ever again own a
>fridge with wire shelves... glass shelves are wonderful, well worth the
>few extra bucks to upgrade.... pays for itself first time you forget to
>place a platter under defrosting meat, or that box of dago red
>contracts a venereal disease. hehe

Mine are glass shelves too..and I really love them.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Tomorrow I clean the refrigerator. That's going to be one hellaceous
>> wet mess.

> I don't envy you, that is one job I really abhor. .. takes half a day
> and then no one notices... I'd rather clean windows, at least I get to
> look at my work, through it too! lol

(laugh) I'll have the door propped open, see how nice?
Shiny and all the stuff is where it belongs, all orderly?
Meanwhile it's running and running.

> Hint from ex mil: leave a few saucers inside fridge, for placing
> containers on that are liable to drip, It works... if they're there
> you'll use them.

Good idea.

> Ever so often replace crudy saucers with clean and
> pop scrungy ones in dishwasher. Still gotta clean the fridge once in a
> while but without all those dried on drips it's a much easier job and
> needs cleaning much less often. And I would never ever again own a
> fridge with wire shelves... glass shelves are wonderful, well worth the
> few extra bucks to upgrade.... pays for itself first time you forget to
> place a platter under defrosting meat, or that box of dago red
> contracts a venereal disease.

Heh. Yup, I loves my glass shelves. When you clean them, oh, they
look so nice. The ones in this refrigerator also contain spills, which
they didn't in my previous refrigerator. Funny, last time I cleaned the
thing, that's the first time I knew the shelves slide forward, like a
drawer. I had no idea. That's okay, I still don't use that feature.

But yeah, I'll be breaking out all the old towels, you know, the ones
you never throw out, ever. They will line the sink and the floor to and
from the refrigerator.

Thanks for the sympathy. Poor me. Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you for the recipes! I need to try this again soon.

Have any of you used the new disposable crockpot liners? I'm wondering
if they are truly worth the extra money. I generally spray my crockpot
with Pam before using it, which seems to help some.

~Eri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:

> Add pepper,
> onion,
> celery, carrot, mushrooms and garlic.

What mushrooms? They're not mentioned in the ingredients list, and
they're essential to the dish, to my taste.

But thanks. Shall I guess ... "1 cup chopped assorted mushrooms to
taste"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Huntley wrote on 02 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
>
> > Add pepper,
> > onion,
> > celery, carrot, mushrooms and garlic.

> What mushrooms? They're not mentioned in the ingredients list, and
> they're essential to the dish, to my taste.
>
> But thanks. Shall I guess ... "1 cup chopped assorted mushrooms to
> taste"?

sounds ok by me...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
unge (Little Malice) wrote:

> One time on Usenet, "Felines&Fuzzbutts" > said:
>
> > Hey, would one of y'all please post a T & T chicken cacciatore recipe
> > for me? I've tried a couple, but they just were NOT right...nothing
> > like my mother's was.

> I originally got mine from a Betty Crocker or Better Homes
> cookbook back in '81 or so. I've made a few changes since then,
> but this is what I made for dinner tonight. I think most recipes
> call for stewed tomatoes, I just don't like them as much as the
> sauce. You can adjust the seasonings to taste, of course. And
> the instructions are for stove top cooking, but I do like the
> crockpot best:
>
> Chicken Cacciatore
>
> 8-10 pieces cut-up frying chicken (I use thighs)
> Seasoned flour
> 1 green pepper, cut into strips
> 1 large onion, cut into rings
> 2 cloves garlic, crushed
> 30+ oz. tomato sauce (at least two 15 oz. cans)
> ½ tsp. salt
> ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
> ¼ tsp. Oregano
>
> Dip chicken pieces in flour and brown in oil in large frying pan
> over medium heat, then set aside. Reduce heat to med-low; add peppers,
> onion, and garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally, until veggies are
> slightly softened. Put tomato sauce and seasonings into large kettle
> or dutch oven, add cooked vegetables and mix well. Add chicken one
> piece at a time, making sure each is well covered with sauce. Cook
> over med-low, stirring occasionally, for 45-55 minutes or until
> largest pieces are fork-tender. Serve over rice, noodles, or biscuits.

Only 2 cloves of garlic?????

Wuss. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote in message
> ..when you forget to plug them in. Looks like a late dinner
> tonight, dang it! I've never done that before. Oh well, it's
> going to be chicken cacciatore, so it's worth the wait..

I've plugged in a crockpot before, but forgot to turn it ON. I feel your
pain.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felines&Fuzzbutts wrote:
> Thank you for the recipes! I need to try this again soon.
>
> Have any of you used the new disposable crockpot liners? I'm wondering
> if they are truly worth the extra money. I generally spray my crockpot
> with Pam before using it, which seems to help some.

I have a hard time justifying the waste of money and the extra waste in
the landfill..but others might feel differently?
I have no problems cleaning my crock pot liner up. If need be it can
soak overnight before I put it in the dishwasher. It comes out spotless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Felines&Fuzzbutts wrote:

>> Have any of you used the new disposable crockpot liners? I'm wondering
>> if they are truly worth the extra money. I generally spray my crockpot
>> with Pam before using it, which seems to help some.
>>

> I have a hard time justifying the waste of money and the extra waste in
> the landfill..but others might feel differently?
> I have no problems cleaning my crock pot liner up. If need be it can soak
> overnight before I put it in the dishwasher. It comes out spotless.

I agree. Sometimes you think, in some places water to wash something
is far more scarce than landfill space, I can see why you'd choose
the disposable. In this case, not only do you have the disposable item,
but don't you still wash the crockpot, too? Maybe I'm a nut, but I
would.

Just seems like a double whammy, environmentally.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Goomba38" wrote
> > Felines&Fuzzbutts wrote:

> >> Have any of you used the new disposable crockpot liners? I'm wondering
> >> if they are truly worth the extra money. I generally spray my crockpot
> >> with Pam before using it, which seems to help some.
> >>

> > I have a hard time justifying the waste of money and the extra waste in
> > the landfill..but others might feel differently?
> > I have no problems cleaning my crock pot liner up. If need be it can soak
> > overnight before I put it in the dishwasher. It comes out spotless.

> I agree. Sometimes you think, in some places water to wash something
> is far more scarce than landfill space, I can see why you'd choose
> the disposable. In this case, not only do you have the disposable item,
> but don't you still wash the crockpot, too? Maybe I'm a nut, but I
> would.
>
> Just seems like a double whammy, environmentally.

The only thing I cook in my crockpot is steel cut oatmeal... and let me
tell you oatmeal sticks. But I've discovered that coating the entire
inside surface of the liner with butter entirely eliminates the
sticking... coating with some form of shortening will probably do the
same regardless what dish.... and only a very thin coating of lubricant
is all that's needed.

I don't like the idea of any kind of liner, I think they're a lot
bother to put on, they're expensive, and they can leak. I'd also still
wash my insert, good hygiene is important... I wash mine by hand,
besides mine is kinda too large for the dishwasher, and anyway I enjoy
hand washing my insert, just gotta be careful being how it's all big,
heavy, and slippery. hehe

Sheldon Spitshine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > > I have a hard time justifying the waste of money and the extra waste in
> > > the landfill..but others might feel differently?
> > > I have no problems cleaning my crock pot liner up. If need be it can soak
> > > overnight before I put it in the dishwasher. It comes out spotless.

> > I agree. Sometimes you think, in some places water to wash something
> > is far more scarce than landfill space, I can see why you'd choose
> > the disposable. In this case, not only do you have the disposable item,
> > but don't you still wash the crockpot, too? Maybe I'm a nut, but I
> > would.
> >
> > Just seems like a double whammy, environmentally.

> The only thing I cook in my crockpot is steel cut oatmeal... and let me
> tell you oatmeal sticks. But I've discovered that coating the entire
> inside surface of the liner with butter entirely eliminates the
> sticking... coating with some form of shortening will probably do the
> same regardless what dish.... and only a very thin coating of lubricant
> is all that's needed.
>
> I don't like the idea of any kind of liner, I think they're a lot
> bother to put on, they're expensive, and they can leak. I'd also still
> wash my insert, good hygiene is important... I wash mine by hand,
> besides mine is kinda too large for the dishwasher, and anyway I enjoy
> hand washing my insert, just gotta be careful being how it's all big,
> heavy, and slippery. hehe
>
> Sheldon Spitshine

<snicker>
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cleaning the refrigerator, no prob

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Tomorrow I clean the refrigerator. That's going to be one hellaceous
>> wet mess.

> I don't envy you, that is one job I really abhor. .. takes half a day
> and then no one notices... I'd rather clean windows, at least I get to
> look at my work, through it too! lol

Well. I forgot just how easy this refrigerator was to clean.
Of course I clean the occasional spill, the meat drawer once
in a while, but not a real cleaning in quite a while.

The door shelves are self contained, I just pull them out, bring
them to the sink with the stuff in them. By the time I've washed
all the pickle jars, etc, and cleaned off the door behind the
shelves (actually, not even dirty), the shelf is ready for a quick
wash and dry and back in they go.

The shelves themselves come out easily; man, the old one I had
to hook on wires or some nonsense. Badda bing badda boom,
this was no trouble at all.

Except ... I have to do the bottom now. What is all that crud
that collects down there, it scares me! Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:

> Well. I forgot just how easy this refrigerator was to clean.
> Of course I clean the occasional spill, the meat drawer once
> in a while, but not a real cleaning in quite a while.

Argh! Nancy, stop talking about this, you keep reminding me that
I need to do mine... <just kidding>

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:
>

>>Well. I forgot just how easy this refrigerator was to clean.
>>Of course I clean the occasional spill, the meat drawer once
>>in a while, but not a real cleaning in quite a while.

> Argh! Nancy, stop talking about this, you keep reminding me that
> I need to do mine... <just kidding>

I do mine piecemeal. When a shelf starts to get empty, I pull it out and
wash it. Next time, I might do a drawer. Keeps it from becoming an
overwhelming job.

Dawn