Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut Free Peanut Butter

Carla Gilliss wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone has tried the following:
>

> Creamy Sunbutter Peanut Free, Peanut Butter Replacement

There's a lot of nut butters out there for folks who don't eat peanuts.
We're pretty fond of almond butter.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dawn" > wrote in message
> Carla Gilliss wrote:
>
> > I was just wondering if anyone has tried the following:
> >

> > Creamy Sunbutter Peanut Free, Peanut Butter Replacement
> >

> There's a lot of nut butters out there for folks who don't eat peanuts.
> We're pretty fond of almond butter.

Oooooh, thanks for the reminder about almond butter! I've always wanted to
try that because I can't eat peanuts. Peanuts are another food where, I
love them, but they certainly don't like me.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:04:42 GMT, kilikini wrote:
>
> > Oooooh, thanks for the reminder about almond butter! I've always wanted

> > try that because I can't eat peanuts. Peanuts are another food where, I
> > love them, but they certainly don't like me.

> You oughta be using Macadamia nut butter.
>
> -sw

How much is that, $5 a tablespoon? <G>

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:15:43 GMT, kilikini wrote:

wanted

> >> You oughta be using Macadamia nut butter.

> > How much is that, $5 a tablespoon? <G>

> I just figured since you were from Hawaii... They aren't cheap in
> Hawaii either?
>
> -sw

Believe it or not, the Big Island is the only island that still grows Mac
nuts. Maui let theirs go about 6 years ago and the land is being used for
houses. :-P

It's a sacrilege I tell you!

kili