FoodBanter.com

-   -   Peanut Free Peanut Butter (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/102267-re-peanut-free-peanut.html)

Dawn[_2_] 26-09-2006 05:19 PM

Peanut Free Peanut Butter

Carla Gilliss wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the following:

Creamy Sunbutter Peanut Free, Peanut Butter Replacement

There's a lot of nut butters out there for folks who don't eat peanuts.
We're pretty fond of almond butter.

Dawn

kilikini 26-09-2006 06:04 PM

Peanut Free Peanut Butter

"Dawn" wrote in message
Carla Gilliss wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the following:

Creamy Sunbutter Peanut Free, Peanut Butter Replacement

There's a lot of nut butters out there for folks who don't eat peanuts.
We're pretty fond of almond butter.

Oooooh, thanks for the reminder about almond butter! I've always wanted to
try that because I can't eat peanuts. Peanuts are another food where, I
love them, but they certainly don't like me.

kili

kilikini 26-09-2006 09:15 PM

Peanut Free Peanut Butter

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:04:42 GMT, kilikini wrote:

Oooooh, thanks for the reminder about almond butter! I've always wanted

try that because I can't eat peanuts. Peanuts are another food where, I
love them, but they certainly don't like me.

You oughta be using Macadamia nut butter.

-sw

How much is that, $5 a tablespoon? G

kili

kilikini 26-09-2006 10:00 PM

Peanut Free Peanut Butter

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:15:43 GMT, kilikini wrote:

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:04:42 GMT, kilikini wrote:

Oooooh, thanks for the reminder about almond butter! I've always

wanted
try that because I can't eat peanuts. Peanuts are another food where,

love them, but they certainly don't like me.

You oughta be using Macadamia nut butter.

How much is that, $5 a tablespoon? G

I just figured since you were from Hawaii... They aren't cheap in
Hawaii either?

-sw

Believe it or not, the Big Island is the only island that still grows Mac
nuts. Maui let theirs go about 6 years ago and the land is being used for
houses. :-P

It's a sacrilege I tell you!

kili