Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Interesting restaurant in Denver was The Cult of Rachael Ray

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/content/27953/

The Buckhorn Exchange sounds like an interesting place to have a meal :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:
> http://www.rachaelraymag.com/content/27953/
>

> The Buckhorn Exchange sounds like an interesting place to have a meal :-)

It IS an interesting place. We have eaten there numerous times with
out-of-town and foreign guests. In addition to many different types of
wild game they serve delicious ranch-raised buffalo (American bison)
roasts and steaks. The stuffed animal wall decor is a bit over the top,
but adds to the western ambiance. It's quite small, in the original
building, probably 20 by 40 feet, two stories, with the bar/lounge and
its resident folk-singer upstairs.

The restaurant holds liquor license #1 in Denver, dating back to
when the city was founded to be a supply source for gold and silver mining.

The food is quite good, but I much prefer The Fort for the same type of
food with atmosphere, minus the horn-y wall decor. It also offers a
beautiful view of far-off Denver at night from its perch in the
foothills, about 15 miles from downtown.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester > wrote in
:

> PeterL wrote:
>> http://www.rachaelraymag.com/content/27953/
>>

>> The Buckhorn Exchange sounds like an interesting place to have a meal
>> :-)
>>

> It IS an interesting place. We have eaten there numerous times with
> out-of-town and foreign guests. In addition to many different types of
> wild game they serve delicious ranch-raised buffalo (American bison)
> roasts and steaks.

I read that, started salivating, and went and took some dead cow out of the
freezer for dinner tonight :-)

>The stuffed animal wall decor is a bit over the
> top, but adds to the western ambiance. It's quite small, in the
> original building, probably 20 by 40 feet, two stories, with the
> bar/lounge and its resident folk-singer upstairs.
>
> The restaurant holds liquor license #1 in Denver, dating back to
> when the city was founded to be a supply source for gold and silver
> mining.

Looks like it's a definite must see/eat on my next trip over the pond!!

> The food is quite good, but I much prefer The Fort for the same type
> of food with atmosphere, minus the horn-y wall decor. It also offers
> a beautiful view of far-off Denver at night from its perch in the
> foothills, about 15 miles from downtown.

Thanks for the info Gloria. Denver has been added to my next itinerary :-)

And of course, Denver is home to the Mile-Hi Skydiving Club :-)

http://www.mile-hi-skydiving.com/