Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Barb Schaller Slovak Cookbook

You mentioned a Slovak Cookbook the other day, and I ordered it. It arrived
today. The book is _Slvenské Jedlo and Pennsylvania Slovak Soul Food_.

I wasn't sure if you had it or were just commenting on it. The book arrived
today and I'm excited to have it. My knowledge of Slovak food is limited to
Cleveland's Slovak culture and a couple of families, in particular.

At only 137 pages, it seems to have all the recipes that I had become
familiar with, as well as many that I have heard of but not eaten. I'm
really going to enjoy this!

Thanks, Barb...

--
Wayne Boatwright

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't
return, it was never yours anyway. If it does,
love it forever.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> You mentioned a Slovak Cookbook the other day, and I ordered it. It arrived
> today. The book is _Slvenské Jedlo and Pennsylvania Slovak Soul Food_.
>
> I wasn't sure if you had it or were just commenting on it. The book arrived
> today and I'm excited to have it. My knowledge of Slovak food is limited to
> Cleveland's Slovak culture and a couple of families, in particular.
>
> At only 137 pages, it seems to have all the recipes that I had become
> familiar with, as well as many that I have heard of but not eaten. I'm
> really going to enjoy this!
>
> Thanks, Barb...

You're welcome. I've had the book for years and have given copies to a
couple sisters. Peasant food. What mom cooked. Fond memories.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller

Ping Barb Schaller brooklyn1 General Cooking 6 16-08-2009 11:19 PM
Ping: Barb Schaller Dave Bugg General Cooking 0 14-02-2008 04:15 AM
Ping Barb Schaller KW Preserving 0 01-08-2006 03:05 PM
PING: Barb Schaller Nexis General Cooking 0 24-08-2005 05:04 AM
PING: Barb Schaller Nexis General Cooking 8 20-09-2004 05:06 PM