Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This week's tailgating

Last week the game was at noon, hardly time to make anything
worthwhile. That's why so many people were cooking up taylor ham
breakfasts.

This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
the grill, too. I made spare ribs (oven style, finished in the broiler).
Man they were good.

Heh, big week, big crowd, it was homecoming. This woman I'm not
familiar with sat behind me. Behind being the operative word. She
kept shoving her boot toe into my butt crack. Woah, lady! Finally
I moved over to a place where she couldn't get me. All the time she's
loud blahblahblah about who knows what, not the game. (laugh)
Suddenly Ron whips around, Could you not do that? That toe of hers,
has a way of finding butt cracks. Alarming.

Second half, she comes back blah blah blah and I hear her say, you
know Giada DiLourentis? What the? Fortunately the team did something
good and everyone cheered and I couldn't hear what she had to say about
Giada.

One fun thing was that at the beginning of the game all of a sudden right
over my head baddabaddabadda three National Guard helicopters swooped
over the stadium. And the crowd went wild! (laugh) It was cool.

Anyway, next week it's stromboli, can't wait. That'll be it for tailgating
for
a while.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Last week the game was at noon, hardly time to make anything
> worthwhile. That's why so many people were cooking up taylor ham
> breakfasts.
>
> This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
> other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
> the grill, too. I made spare ribs (oven style, finished in the broiler).
> Man they were good.
> .
>
> Anyway, next week it's stromboli, can't wait. That'll be it for tailgating
> for
> a while.
>
> nancy

Was that the Rutgers - Ohio game? 24 to 7? You never give the score.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Margaret Suran" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Anyway, next week it's stromboli, can't wait. That'll be it for
>> tailgating for
>> a while.

> Was that the Rutgers - Ohio game? 24 to 7? You never give the score.

(laugh!) Acause nobody cares, until my team stinks up the joint,
then everyone will bust my chops. That's the way it works.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:02:56 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young
wrote:

>Last week the game was at noon, hardly time to make anything
>worthwhile. That's why so many people were cooking up taylor ham
>breakfasts.
>
>This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
>other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
>the grill, too. I made spare ribs (oven style, finished in the broiler).
>Man they were good.

In practical terms, how does 'tailgating' work now? Sounds like you were
sitting in stands rather than on the tailgate of a car. It's a long time
since I've seen a car with that sort of tailgate.

In the UK, tailgating is driving too close to the car in front.

Thanks

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Weller" > wrote

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:02:56 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>>This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
>>other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
>>the grill, too.

> In practical terms, how does 'tailgating' work now? Sounds like you were
> sitting in stands rather than on the tailgate of a car. It's a long time
> since I've seen a car with that sort of tailgate.

Oh, no, you hang out in the parking lot before the game. Or, for a
lot of people, during. Usually people set up tables, grills, etc.
Sometimes it's pretty elaborate. I saw one group had hired a
caterer who wore his chef jacket and everything.

Usually people have a bar set up, even if it's just a cooler.

> In the UK, tailgating is driving too close to the car in front.

True here, as well.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:46:53 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young
wrote:

>"Doug Weller" > wrote
>
>> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:02:56 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young
>> wrote:

>>>This week it was ribs. Must be because of the late start, I saw that
>>>other people brought ribs, too. Plenty of burgers and hotdogs on
>>>the grill, too.

>> In practical terms, how does 'tailgating' work now? Sounds like you were
>> sitting in stands rather than on the tailgate of a car. It's a long time
>> since I've seen a car with that sort of tailgate.

>Oh, no, you hang out in the parking lot before the game. Or, for a
>lot of people, during. Usually people set up tables, grills, etc.
>Sometimes it's pretty elaborate. I saw one group had hired a
>caterer who wore his chef jacket and everything.
>
>Usually people have a bar set up, even if it's just a cooler.

Thanks. That's much fancier than I thought.

--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Cool little portable hibachi for travel/tailgating tutall Barbecue 6 24-08-2010 04:18 AM
BBQ Tailgating Ekal Byar Barbecue 0 29-12-2009 12:33 AM
Tailgating anyone? Kris[_1_] General Cooking 17 16-09-2009 08:45 AM
dinner this week, next week, and the week after that with recipe Kate Connally General Cooking 1 24-05-2006 09:19 PM
dinner last week and this week Kate Connally General Cooking 2 09-02-2006 05:02 PM