Rusty Unger

Default Great Rib Idea

I tried this for dinner tonight, and it was excellent!

4 1in Thich Pork Chops
1 3oz can broiled chopped mushrooms
3/4 cup of diced swiss cheese
1/4 cup of snipped parsley
3/4tsp salt
1/2 cup of fine dry bread crumbs
Dash of Black Pepper
1 Beaten egg

Cut a pocket in fat side of each chop. Drain the mushrooms and
reserve the liquid. Combine Mushrooms, Cheese, Parsley, and 1/2 tsp
of salt. Stuff mixture into the pocket, and with a toothpick, lace
up. Mix crumbs, 1/4tsp salt, and a dash of pepper. Dip chops in the
egg first, then in the crumb mixture. Slowly brown chops in skillett
with a little bit of Olive Oil (other oil will work fine to) Add the
mushroom mixture, and let simmer for about an hour.

This makes a great meal, I ate about half mine tonight, before I had
to leave suddenly for work, but it is just as good heated up! Eating
the other half now!

Rusty Unger

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 00:58:57 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:06:06 -0400, Rusty Unger >
>wrote:
>
>>I tried this for dinner tonight, and it was excellent!
>>
>>4 1in Thich Pork Chops
>>1 3oz can broiled chopped mushrooms

>???
>
>>3/4 cup of diced swiss cheese
>>1/4 cup of snipped parsley
>>3/4tsp salt
>>1/2 cup of fine dry bread crumbs
>>Dash of Black Pepper
>>1 Beaten egg
>>

>>Cut a pocket in fat side of each chop. Drain the mushrooms and
>>reserve the liquid. Combine Mushrooms, Cheese, Parsley, and 1/2 tsp
>>of salt. Stuff mixture into the pocket, and with a toothpick, lace
>>up.

>Must be a big crooked toothpick.

Wont even comment

>> Mix crumbs, 1/4tsp salt, and a dash of pepper. Dip chops in the
>>egg first, then in the crumb mixture. Slowly brown chops in skillett
>>with a little bit of Olive Oil (other oil will work fine to) Add the
>>mushroom mixture, and let simmer for about an hour.

>I thought you already put the mushroom mixture inside the chops - how
>can you now add it to the pan?

It is supposed to be the liquid from the mushrooms...oh God I made a
mistake...please forgive me mighty Steve.

>And simmer in oil for an hour? Ewww.

anyone who knows anything about cooking knows that once they brown
that they will be fine once you add the liquid to simmer.

>And why is it called a "great rib idea"?

read the newsgroup, I corrected this, was entirely my fault on that
one. Had ribs on the mind

>There are gaping holes in this recipe.

Just like the one in your brain?

>-sw

Rusty Unger

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:59:03 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 02:20:55 -0400, Rusty Unger >
>wrote:
>
>>>Must be a big crooked toothpick.

>>Wont even comment

>Huh? I don't see how you can lace a 1" thick porkchop with a 2"
>toothpick. Call me stupid, I guess.
>
>>>I thought you already put the mushroom mixture inside the chops - how
>>>can you now add it to the pan?

>>It is supposed to be the liquid from the mushrooms...oh God I made a
>>mistake...please forgive me mighty Steve.

>Mighty Steve? <checking headers> Hmm, you're not posting from WebTV
>or AOL...
>
>1 ounce of mushroom juice (the liquid from a 3oz can of mushrooms), is
>not going to be enough liquid to simmer anything for an hour. Even
>with the lid on (you didn't specify).
>
>>>And simmer in oil for an hour? Ewww.

>>anyone who knows anything about cooking knows that once they brown
>>that they will be fine once you add the liquid to simmer.

>Again, not enough liquid. And yes, I do know about cooking. That's
>why I'm saying this recipe doesn't look like it'd work.
>
>>>And why is it called a "great rib idea"?

>>read the newsgroup, I corrected this, was entirely my fault on that
>>one. Had ribs on the mind
>>>
>>>There are gaping holes in this recipe.

>>Just like the one in your brain?

>No reason to get all snooty and defensive. I just thought that by
>looking at your recipe, that it wouldn't work. It's not my fault you
>made several mistakes (besides overcooking them causing them to shrink
>and all the filling to oooze out and burn on the pan).
>
>-sw

Well, all I can say is that it did work and rather you believe it or
not, I really don't care. By the way, I don't get defensive. You
were the one who got offensive. From what I can tell, that is all you
are good at in this newsgroup anyway. You contribute very little, and
just rag on everyone else. See ya later.....one killfile
addition...first in this group. Oh BTW I know how to use my temp
knob to turn down the heat to simmer...do you?
They turned out just fine, and were great. SO **** YOU.