Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chuck roast and flat cut brisket

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> I bought 4 briskets. 2 went into the
> freezer, 1 will be made into beef jerky and the last will either be
> made into corned beef or pastrami.

I love brisket. I always get some for the freezer when it's on sale.

Have you ever tried Nach Waxman's Brisket from The Silver Palate...or is it
The New Basics?...well anyway, it's really, really good.

I also have a rather weird recipe called Hays House Barbecue Brisket. It
involved liquid smoke and onions and celery seed and Worcester and stuff,
and is served shredded. Strange, but good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "Janet Puistonen" >
>

>> Have you ever tried Nach Waxman's Brisket from The Silver Palate...or
>> is it The New Basics?...well anyway, it's really, really good.

> No but I'll snoop around and try to find it.
>

>> I also have a rather weird recipe called Hays House Barbecue Brisket.
>> It involved liquid smoke and onions and celery seed and Worcester and
>> stuff, and is served shredded. Strange, but good.

> I've done something similar at home. Cooked in the oven smothered in
> onions and stuff for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. Shredded it and
> served on great big buns with house made fries and cucumber salad.
>
> Michael

Sounds similar. It's good stuff.