FoodBanter.com

-   -   Chuck roast and flat cut brisket (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/100514-re-chuck-roast-flat.html)

Sheldon 06-09-2006 06:24 PM

Michael Dog3 Lonergan wrote:
> Yowzer. Found some chuck roast for sale for $1.77 a pound. I bought 15
> pounds of it. I'll make a pot roast and then the rest will be ground and
> frozen for burgers.

I'd first make up the burgers and then freeze... a whole lot more
advantageous, especially if you only want one or two... instead of
having to defrost an entire package and then play pat-a-cake when what
you really want to do is eat.

I've been known to slap solid frozen burgers right on the grill.

With 15 pounds you have enough for a giant meat loaf too.

Sheldon