John Freck

Default Cherry Wine Vinegar

Subject:Cherry Wine Vinegar; related to sauces and marinades.

Recently, I watched a Food Channel documentary on various popular
store bought foods. Heinz Tomato Ketchup was one corner of the show.
The documentary made a great deal about the special, super-secrete
vinegar that goes into Heinz Ketchup. So, when I was on a long
lay-over during my bus driving day I decided to hae some of Lester's
Dinner french fries with plenty of Heinz Tomato Ketchup. The bottle's
list of ingredients is: Tomato concentrated from red ripe tomatoes,
distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, salt, spice,
onion powder, natural flavorings.

Heinz uses fruit wine vinegar. I base the guess on flavor, and the
fact that if they used a wine vinegar it would likely be a red fruit.
Red Rasberry, cherry, and strawberry wine vinegars all possible and
could be in combination too. As for the spices and natural flavors?
These are possible candidates used in tiny amounts:
Banana, orange, vanilla, celery, carrot, spinach, radish, mellon,
grape, paprika, ntuneg, ginger, cinnamon.

Do you think you could top Heinz without making a paste from garden
fresh ingredients?

I have this feeling that sauces can go higher in the 21st Century.
How can we take Tomato Ketchup to the next level? I think it is
possible that a 21st Century Ketchup could realistically become a
serving of vegetables.

John Freck