Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kirsty Ally is getting FATTER!

She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!

She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.

I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!

Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>
> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>
> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>
> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>
> Andy

And this affects you, how? She is definitely thinner and she looks
great.

Speaking of weight, I saw a movie trailer with Dianne Wiest and she has
lost a ton of that weight she gained a few years ago. She looks pretty
durn good.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 12:39:27p, Andy meant to say...

> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>
> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>
> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>
> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>
> Andy

I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers without
doing one moment of exercise.

Wayne
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 05 Sep 2006,
typed out:

> Andy wrote:
>> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>>
>> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>>
>> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>>
>> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>>
>> Andy

> And this affects you, how? She is definitely thinner and she looks
> great.

If she actually lost the weight, she should show it off for Jenny Craig's
sake. A "tale of the tape, so to speak. But she just wears those long
black gowns which aren't flattering in my opnion.

I've reduced 50lbs. since September 2005 with diet and walking 4.6 miles
a day (admittedly this summer has been so hot that I've taken liberties
and added some pounds).

I just haven't seen the difference from the early commercials she did
compared to the current ones.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
05 Sep 2006, typed out:

> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 12:39:27p, Andy meant to say...
>
>> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>>
>> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last
>> year.
>>
>> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>>
>> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
> without doing one moment of exercise.
>
> Wayne

Wayme.

You may be losing weight, but without exercise, you're losing fat and
muscle.

You do know that?!?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> says...
> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>
> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>
> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>
> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>
> Andy

Yet you still watch them.

--
Peter Aitken
Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 05 Sep 2006,
typed out:

> Yet you still watch them.

HEH, Heh, heh.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers without
> doing one moment of exercise.

And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without dieting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:09:32p, Andy meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
> 05 Sep 2006, typed out:
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 12:39:27p, Andy meant to say...
>>
>>> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>>>
>>> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last
>>> year.
>>>
>>> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>>>
>>> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
>> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
>> without doing one moment of exercise.
>>
>> Wayne

> Wayme.
>
> You may be losing weight, but without exercise, you're losing fat and
> muscle.
>
> You do know that?!?
>
> Andy

That really depends more on what you eat. I have my BMI measured monthly
by my doctor and I'm fine.

Wayne
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Duh'Wayne wrote:
> Andy says...
>
> > She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
> >
> > She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
> >
> > I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
> >
> > Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers without
> doing one moment of exercise.

Um, Duh'Wayne... masturbation is exercise.

Sheldon C. Tunnel

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
05 Sep 2006, typed out:

> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:09:32p, Andy meant to say...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally,
>> on 05 Sep 2006, typed out:
>>
>>> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 12:39:27p, Andy meant to say...

>>> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is
>>> not essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight
>>> Watchers without doing one moment of exercise.
>>>
>>> Wayne

>> Wayme.
>>
>> You may be losing weight, but without exercise, you're losing fat and
>> muscle.
>>
>> You do know that?!?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> That really depends more on what you eat. I have my BMI measured
> monthly by my doctor and I'm fine.
>
> Wayne

There are a million and one BMI calculators on the internet. Type in your
weight and height and sex and it'll tell you if you are normal,
overweight or obese.

Don't you jive your own self with your cosmic debris!

Sorry,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 12:39:27p, Andy meant to say...
>
> > She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
> >
> > She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
> >
> > I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
> >
> > Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
> >
> > Andy
> >

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers

without
> doing one moment of exercise.
>
> Wayne

=====
What is your recipe for losing weight?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> says...

> HEH, Heh, heh.

Say what?

--
Peter Aitken
Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:39:58p, pfoley meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 12:39:27p, Andy meant to say...
>>
>> > She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>> >
>> > She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>> >
>> > I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>> >
>> > Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>> >
>> > Andy
>> >

>> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
>> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
>> without doing one moment of exercise.
>>
>> Wayne

> =====
> What is your recipe for losing weight?

I follow the Flex Points system from Weight Watchers, but I also combine
foods very carefully.

Wayne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
> without
> doing one moment of exercise.

And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without dieting.

============================

I've gained or lost nothing, by doing nothing different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Dave Smith" > schreef in bericht
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
> without
> doing one moment of exercise.

And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without dieting.

Heck, I've been to gain through exercise without dieting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>
> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>
> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>
> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>
> Andy

Who cares how fat she is? As long as she doesn't block the supermarket aisle
with her big ass, it doesn't affect me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:38:38p, Andy meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
> 05 Sep 2006, typed out:
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:09:32p, Andy meant to say...
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally,
>>> on 05 Sep 2006, typed out:

>>> Wayme.
>>>
>>> You may be losing weight, but without exercise, you're losing fat and
>>> muscle.
>>>
>>> You do know that?!?
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> That really depends more on what you eat. I have my BMI measured
>> monthly by my doctor and I'm fine.
>>
>> Wayne

> There are a million and one BMI calculators on the internet. Type in your
> weight and height and sex and it'll tell you if you are normal,
> overweight or obese.
>
> Don't you jive your own self with your cosmic debris!
>
> Sorry,
>
> Andy

Yep, I've played with some of those programs, even some you can download.
However, simply plugging in numbers does not accurately determine BMI.
It's a "calculated" guess.

My doctor takes caliper measurements at various points, as well as
weight/height figures, in calculating a far more accurate BMI. Ultimately,
a water tank test is the most accurate. I have had one of those, and will
have another in October or November. That's about as accurate as you can
get.

Wayne
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> > She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
> >
> > She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
> >
> > I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
> >
> > Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
> >
> > Andy

> Who cares how fat she is? As long as she doesn't block the supermarket

aisle
> with her big ass, it doesn't affect me.

lol

Joe redeems himself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
> without
> doing one moment of exercise.

And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without dieting.

I've been exercising my butt of for the last 4 years, and haven't lost any
weight. I can't see a difference in my body, my clothes fit the same, and
the weight is much the same. But I do *feel* fitter, that's the main thing.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wayne,
what way of eating do you follow?

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:38:38p, Andy meant to say...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
>> 05 Sep 2006, typed out:
>>
>>> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 02:09:32p, Andy meant to say...

>>> That really depends more on what you eat. I have my BMI measured
>>> monthly by my doctor and I'm fine.
>>>
>>> Wayne

>> There are a million and one BMI calculators on the internet. Type in your
>> weight and height and sex and it'll tell you if you are normal,
>> overweight or obese.
>>
>> Don't you jive your own self with your cosmic debris!
>>
>> Sorry,
>>
>> Andy

> Yep, I've played with some of those programs, even some you can download.
> However, simply plugging in numbers does not accurately determine BMI.
> It's a "calculated" guess.
>
> My doctor takes caliper measurements at various points, as well as
> weight/height figures, in calculating a far more accurate BMI.
> Ultimately,
> a water tank test is the most accurate. I have had one of those, and will
> have another in October or November. That's about as accurate as you can
> get.
>
> Wayne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jen" > wrote in message

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> I've been exercising my butt of for the last 4 years, and haven't lost any
> weight. I can't see a difference in my body, my clothes fit the same, and
> the weight is much the same. But I do *feel* fitter, that's the main

thing.

If you are doing cardio-vascular exercise, your heart is probably looking--
and working great.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Jen" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> I've been exercising my butt of for the last 4 years, and haven't lost
>> any
>> weight. I can't see a difference in my body, my clothes fit the same,
>> and
>> the weight is much the same. But I do *feel* fitter, that's the main

> thing.
>>

> If you are doing cardio-vascular exercise, your heart is probably
> looking--
> and working great.

I am. Lots of walking. Lots of other cardio workouts at the gym. and lots
of weight lifting.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jen" > wrote

> I am. Lots of walking. Lots of other cardio workouts at the gym. and

lots
> of weight lifting.

Smart, Jen. I need more cardio. If only there were more ways to do it while
reading!

I LOVE weights. They streamline so fast. And they just feel good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:

> She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>
> She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>
> I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!

It can be done, it's just not the best way. Weight loss is a
simple mathematical equation: one pound = roughly 3500 calories.
When one reduces their food intake by 3500 calories or works them
off via exercise (or both), the will lose about one pound. One of
the best reasons to include exercise with calorie reduction is the
increase in muscle tone, which helps one to burn fat, rather than
eating into the muscle mass.

This is pretty standard information in alt.support.diet. I need to
get back into that group -- I'm going back on my diet/exercise plan
next Monday, after my yearly calorie gorge at the Puyallup Fair on
Friday (Hellooo Funnel cakes and Onion Burgers!). I've lost and kept
off 35 pounds through calorie counting and walking/swimming since
2003 and I want to lose another 15+ before next February. Going
slowly seems to work for me.

> Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.

Change the channel, hon... :-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 04:10:08p, Jen meant to say...

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>

>> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
>> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
>> without doing one moment of exercise.

> And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without
> dieting.
>
> I've been exercising my butt of for the last 4 years, and haven't lost
> any weight. I can't see a difference in my body, my clothes fit the
> same, and the weight is much the same. But I do *feel* fitter, that's
> the main thing.
>
> Jen

Weight loss is entirely dependent on calories expended exceeding calories
consumed. Whether it's through diet or exercise or a combination of the
two, one still needs a deficit of calories to lose weight.

Exercise alone can certainly firm and tone the muscles and inches can be
lost without weight loss. Many people feel better when they exercise.

--
Wayne Boatwright

I've already told you more than I know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 04:24:18p, readandpostrosie meant to say...

> wayne,
> what way of eating do you follow?

Rosie, I joined Weight Watchers in January. I follow their Flex Points
plan. "Points" can be calculated for any food you eat using a formula that
includes calories, grams of fat, and grams of fiber. Depending on your
present weight, "x" number of points are allocated for each day. As you
lose weight, the allowed number of daily points is gradually decreased a
certain amount. When you reach goal weight daily points are gradually
increased until you are neither losing nor gaining weight.

There are absolutely no foods that are "off limits". However, I maintain
(though WW doesn't necessarily agree) that all points are *not* equal.
Because of this I try to limit those foods that are higher in fat and
carohydrates. I concentrate on foods that are higher in protein and fiber,
and are nutritionally rich. I calculate the points for all foods that I
eat.

WW provides a substantial list of foods for which the points are already
calculated, which really simplifies the program. Any food product you buy
can easily be calculated by using the nutritional data on the package.

HTH

--
Wayne Boatwright

I've already told you more than I know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:39:27 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>
>She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>
>I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>
>Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>
>Andy

OMG Andy.... she's definately thinner than she was. If you don't
think so, you probably need new glasses. LOL! Who says she doesn't
exercise? I 'd you bet $1 that she excercising like crazy! They are
paying her big money to get thinner, so exercise has to be part of
the plan.

Do you remember what a total (skinny) fox she was in Star Trek the
movie???? If not, you won't know why people are so negative about her
weight now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
>essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers without
>doing one moment of exercise.

I keep having to remind people that while you can lose weight
without exercising, you will plateau quicker, and you will
lose muscle at a much faster rate than if you exercised.

But most people need to lose a significant amount of fat
before they will even feel comfortable exercising.

So keep it up.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>My doctor takes caliper measurements at various points, as well as
>weight/height figures, in calculating a far more accurate BMI.

If he's doing a bodyfat percentage measurement, and calling
it a BMI, then you need a new doctor.

BMI has only two variables: height and weight.

>Ultimately,
>a water tank test is the most accurate. I have had one of those, and will
>have another in October or November. That's about as accurate as you can
>get.

And it's still ********, because it assumes that all nonfat
body tissue weighs the same.

The only accurate bodyfat measurement method would
involve a full-body, high-resolution MRI.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote:
>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers without
>> doing one moment of exercise.

>And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without dieting.

I've lost 20 exercises from my diet and it's only Tuesday!

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 11:11:13p, Blair P. Houghton meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
>>essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
>>without doing one moment of exercise.

> I keep having to remind people that while you can lose weight
> without exercising, you will plateau quicker, and you will
> lose muscle at a much faster rate than if you exercised.

So far I haven't hit a plateau, and I have only 15 pounds to go.

> But most people need to lose a significant amount of fat
> before they will even feel comfortable exercising.

I'm sure that's true. I would not have been able to exercise in the
beginning. More recently I have done occasional "recreational" exercise,
swimming and bicycle riding. I haven't really done it often enough to
qualify as real exercise, however.

> So keep it up.

Thanks. I'm very motivated to succeed with this.

--
Wayne Boatwright

I've already told you more than I know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Jen" > wrote
>

>> I am. Lots of walking. Lots of other cardio workouts at the gym. and

> lots
>> of weight lifting.
>>

> Smart, Jen. I need more cardio. If only there were more ways to do it
> while
> reading!
>
> I LOVE weights. They streamline so fast. And they just feel good.

So do I. I just love going to the gym. And I don't drive, so it's a 15-20
min warm-up, and a 15-20 min cool-down. But I love my food, I think that's
why I don't lose weight/fat.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 04:10:08p, Jen meant to say...
>

>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>

>>> I can't speak about Kirsty, but I'm living proof that exercise is not
>>> essential for weight loss. I've lost 68½ pounds on Weight Watchers
>>> without doing one moment of exercise.

>> And I have lost 20 pounds in the last year through exercise without
>> dieting.
>>
>> I've been exercising my butt of for the last 4 years, and haven't lost
>> any weight. I can't see a difference in my body, my clothes fit the
>> same, and the weight is much the same. But I do *feel* fitter, that's
>> the main thing.
>>
>> Jen

> Weight loss is entirely dependent on calories expended exceeding calories
> consumed. Whether it's through diet or exercise or a combination of the
> two, one still needs a deficit of calories to lose weight.
>
> Exercise alone can certainly firm and tone the muscles and inches can be
> lost without weight loss. Many people feel better when they exercise.

Yeah. It stimulates the *happy hormones*. I actually started more for
depression, as well as fitness.

I have great respect for you Wayne, being able to diet, while being such a
great cook. I love my food too much for my own good. Although I have cut
back.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Yep, I've played with some of those programs, even some you can download.
> However, simply plugging in numbers does not accurately determine BMI.
> It's a "calculated" guess.
>
> My doctor takes caliper measurements at various points, as well as
> weight/height figures, in calculating a far more accurate BMI. Ultimately,
> a water tank test is the most accurate. I have had one of those, and will
> have another in October or November. That's about as accurate as you can
> get.

I do not think it is BMI you are calculating. BMI is a specific
definition (and those programs on the web are doing it right).
You are calculating your body fat percentage, which is a different
measure entirely (but unlike BMI, it is actually usable).

Music, Recipes, Photos, and mo

http://www.sequoiagrove.dk

"You don´t frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons
of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and
all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> And it's still ********, because it assumes that all nonfat
> body tissue weighs the same.

Inaccuracy does not equal "********". All models in natural sciences are
also just simplified models that approximates nature "good enough". As
long two samples from the same individual that shows a decline in body
fat is actually a decline in body fat 95% of the time, it is a good measure.

Music, Recipes, Photos, and mo

http://www.sequoiagrove.dk

"You don´t frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons
of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and
all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> > She's still a pear. She hasn't lost 75 lbs. NO FRIGGIN' WAY!
>> >
>> > She looks fatter now than she did on the Oprah winfrey show last year.
>> >
>> > I think she's a fraud. No exercise? It can't be done!!!
>> >
>> > Sorry, I'm just sick of her BS Jenny Craig commercials.
>> >
>> > Andy

>> Who cares how fat she is? As long as she doesn't block the supermarket

> aisle
>> with her big ass, it doesn't affect me.
>>

> lol
>
> Joe redeems himself.

Not completely redeemed. I have many years' of research which indicates that
fat people deal with the space around them so differently than slim people,
that it affects the way they drive. It's related to the shopping cart issue.
Now that my son's driving, he's noticed it, too. They're so accustomed to
occupying a larger space that they think their cars need more space, too. So
they'll do odd things, like make wider turns, or occupy the center of a
double-wide gas station driveway where cars are supposed to go in on the
right and out on the left.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 05 Sep 2006 11:39:49p, Craig Welch meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> My doctor takes caliper measurements at various points, as well as
>> weight/height figures, in calculating a far more accurate BMI.
>> Ultimately, a water tank test is the most accurate. I have had one of
>> those, and will have another in October or November.

> What on earth for?

To determine fat to lean tissue ratio.