Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ok, ok, but If I'm traumatized by telling you about that European stuff...

Here's one. Imagine a lovely banquet. It's dead of winter. The little
German restaraunt is a doggone classic, nestled in the brutal hills
above Trier. I wear my most fabulous rabbit fur vest over a cranberry
outfit. Someone says that I look like "Conan the warrior with
breasts."

With a flourish, as I sit next to the boss of my boss, the waiter
presents a trout. Whole. With eyes. The poor little mouth, with its
gaping, fishy lips seems to say to me in a plaintive voice: "Why me,
Conan lady?"

I'll never forget the crunch of little fishy neck bones as I was
graciously taught to remove that head. I shuddered, gave it a decent,
even reverent, burial under a large piece of butter lettuce before I
tore into that tasty sucker like a fullback at a Las Vegas
all-you-can-eat-buffet.

Most satisfyin'. Most difficult.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you about the baby birds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I remember the whole fish well but I nver ordered it.