Posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.food.cooking

Default The dangers of drinking Coke & Pepsi

These companies are like union carbide. They only care for their
profits even if kids are born retarded after liberal consumption of
their poisonous products. Since they claim nothing is wrong with their
drinks, cans of the same should be exported straight to the US - the
land of multi-million dollar lawsuits.

---------

Why Coke, Pepsi can get away

No standards set for water, hence nothing can be enforced
Sonu Jain

New Delhi, August 5: The Centre for Science and Environment's claim
that carbonated drinks sold by Pepsico and Coca-Cola have toxic
''pesticide residues'' 35 times the globally accepted level shows
just
one thing: food and drinking water are contaminated and authorities
are yet to wake up.

In fact, Pepsico and Coca-Cola are tested for every imaginable thing
that goes into making a cold drink - sugar, liquid, glucose, fruit
pulp, juice - but water that constitutes 90 per cent of the drink is
not tested.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.food.cooking

"fruitella" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> These companies are like union carbide. They only care for their
> profits even if kids are born retarded after liberal consumption of
> their poisonous products. Since they claim nothing is wrong with
> their
> drinks, cans of the same should be exported straight to the US - the
> land of multi-million dollar lawsuits.
>
> ---------
>
> Why Coke, Pepsi can get away
>
> No standards set for water, hence nothing can be enforced
> Sonu Jain
>
> New Delhi, August 5: The Centre for Science and Environment's claim
> that carbonated drinks sold by Pepsico and Coca-Cola have toxic
> ''pesticide residues'' 35 times the globally accepted level shows
> just
> one thing: food and drinking water are contaminated and authorities
> are yet to wake up.
>
> In fact, Pepsico and Coca-Cola are tested for every imaginable thing
> that goes into making a cold drink - sugar, liquid, glucose, fruit
> pulp, juice - but water that constitutes 90 per cent of the drink is
> not tested.

If they're not tested, how do you know they are toxic?

Posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.food.cooking

"fruitella" > wrote in message
> In fact, Pepsico and Coca-Cola are tested for every imaginable thing
> that goes into making a cold drink - sugar, liquid, glucose, fruit
> pulp, juice - but water that constitutes 90 per cent of the drink is
> not tested.

Find that hard to believe. I've always been under the impression that they
went to a lot of effort to be sure the water was treated to be the same
every place the product is bottled. Do you have real proof otherwise?