Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default new cookbook got me thinking go figure.

Recently I bought a marinade,brine,rub,cure and glaze cookbook, by jim
tarantino, was on the discount table.. It got me thinking while reading a
recipe for powdered carrot curry powder.

Grate 2-3 carrots and dry them in your oven or dehydrator...mix with 2 or
so tbsp of curry powder or garam marsalla...Place in a food processor and
turn to dust.

Which made me think of making my own onion powder, but with a twist use
only red onions. Using my dehydrator, japanese mandolin and food processor.

Strange how one thing makes you think of other things only slightly
related.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
31 Aug 2006, typed out:

> Strange how one thing makes you think of other things only slightly
> related.

Like web browsing?

Good luck with the onion powder!

Andy