Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default roasted cauliflower

Just last week I started lurking on your group and someone posted the
roasted cauliflower recipe, which seems to be gone now??? Anyway... it
worked out very well and tasted great. Thanks for the post.

I am 59, female, dx insulin resistant three years ago. Lurked on all the
diabetic and low carb groups tested my sugar 5 to 6 times a day, ate wisely,
and lost 60 lbs. It was great !!! THEN had two more B'days and got really
lazy and slowly but surely watched the scale and my sugar numbers rise. I
am back on the carb wagon and testing regularly. Hope you don't mind if I
hang out here for some more great recipes.

Molly,

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Molly wrote:
> Just last week I started lurking on your group and someone posted the
> roasted cauliflower recipe, which seems to be gone now??? Anyway... it
> worked out very well and tasted great. Thanks for the post.
>
> I am 59, female, dx insulin resistant three years ago. Lurked on all the
> diabetic and low carb groups tested my sugar 5 to 6 times a day, ate wisely,
> and lost 60 lbs. It was great !!! THEN had two more B'days and got really
> lazy and slowly but surely watched the scale and my sugar numbers rise. I
> am back on the carb wagon and testing regularly. Hope you don't mind if I
> hang out here for some more great recipes.
>
> Molly,

Welcome. And you're more than welcome to the recipes.

Pete Romfh, T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Could you post the recipe again. Just joined.
Thank you
Dan
"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Molly wrote:
>> Just last week I started lurking on your group and someone posted the
>> roasted cauliflower recipe, which seems to be gone now??? Anyway... it
>> worked out very well and tasted great. Thanks for the post.
>>
>> I am 59, female, dx insulin resistant three years ago. Lurked on all
>> the
>> diabetic and low carb groups tested my sugar 5 to 6 times a day, ate
>> wisely,
>> and lost 60 lbs. It was great !!! THEN had two more B'days and got
>> really
>> lazy and slowly but surely watched the scale and my sugar numbers rise.
>> am back on the carb wagon and testing regularly. Hope you don't mind if
>> hang out here for some more great recipes.
>>
>> Molly,

> Welcome. And you're more than welcome to the recipes.
>
> Pete Romfh, T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"dfederic" > wrote in message
> Could you post the recipe again. Just joined.
> Thank you
> Dan

****
Hope you don't mind Pete that I post this... it is just so good. We had the
left over from last nite in our salad tonite and it was still great...
Molly
****
This is one of our favorite ways to serve cauliflower.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Roasted Cauliflower

This puts a whole new flavor spin on cauliflower.

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 8
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Cauliflower
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Meatless, Low Fat,
Roast, Side Dish, Main Dish, Brunch

-= Ingredients =-
1 head Fresh cauliflower
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons Fresh rosemary ; - minced
1/4 cup Capers

-= Instructions =-
Roasting is an ideal way to prepare cauliflower. It's simple and quick,
requiring little attention and cooking in about 30 minutes. And the high,
dry heat of the oven yields golden-brown, crisp-tender florets with an
accent on the sweet, nutty essence of this vegetable - not its sulfurous,
cabbagy traits. Roasted cauliflower seasoned with a little salt and pepper,
makes a great vegetable side dish as is. But tossed with just a few basic
ingredients, a simple dish becomes exceptional.

To roast cauliflower, cut a small head into florets that are about the same
size and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper; spread on a
rimmed baking sheet. Roast in a 400 degree oven on the lowest rack, turning
every 10 minutes, until golden brown and crisp-tender, 25 to 35 minutes.

After roasting, toss with any of the following combinations:

Fresh lemon juice, minced fresh rosemary, and chopped capers

Orange zest, minced fresh parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed,
drained, and chopped)

Pitted, chopped kalamata olives, dried red chili flakes, and bitter greens,
such as endive, radicchio, or arugula

Mustard vinaigrette (Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and extra-virgin
olive oil) and minced fresh thyme.

Crumbled blue cheese and caraway seeds

Minced shallots, minced fresh tarragon, and grated lemon zest.

Serves 8

Adapted from recipe by: La Verl Daily, Fiesta Culinary School March 14, 2002

Based on the Lemon-rosemary-capers variation
Each (3/4 cup) serving contains an estimated:
Cals: 52, FatCals: 32, TotFat: 4g
SatFat: 0g, PolyFat: 1g, MonoFat: 3g
Chol: 0mg, Na: 298mg, K: 243mg
TotCarbs: 5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 2g
NetCarbs: 3g, Protein: 2g

** Recipe, with photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe161116 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh