Old 06-06-2006, 06:33 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cabbage

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:16:29 GMT, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Watch that you don't eat too much of it because it's goiterogenic!

Hello. I have just found this group. I am a 60 yr old F. I was
diagnosed just last week with Type II. I am taking 14 units Lantus and
500mg Metformin BID. My fasting bg is 157. I am also Hypothyroid,
taking 50mcg, Levothyroxine.

This cabbage thing was never mentioned to me. Does this goitergenic
thing bother me while I am on Levothyroxine? I really like the cabbage
family, especially brussels sprouts. What is a safe interval between
days with cabbage on the menu?

Jolanna

Old 06-06-2006, 08:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Watch that you don't eat too much of it because it's goiterogenic!

Hello. I have just found this group. I am a 60 yr old F. I was
diagnosed just last week with Type II. I am taking 14 units Lantus and
500mg Metformin BID. My fasting bg is 157. I am also Hypothyroid,
taking 50mcg, Levothyroxine.

This cabbage thing was never mentioned to me. Does this goitergenic
thing bother me while I am on Levothyroxine? I really like the cabbage
family, especially brussels sprouts. What is a safe interval between
days with cabbage on the menu?

This is something you need to talk to your Dr. about. For me, I would never
have cabbage on the menu, nor broccoli. I might add a bit of cabbage to a
soup a couple of times a year. I might have less than a serving of coleslaw
once a year. Other than that I don't eat it.

--
See my webpage:

Old 07-06-2006, 05:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:07:31 GMT, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Watch that you don't eat too much of it because it's goiterogenic!

Hello. I have just found this group. I am a 60 yr old F. I was
diagnosed just last week with Type II. I am taking 14 units Lantus and
500mg Metformin BID. My fasting bg is 157. I am also Hypothyroid,
taking 50mcg, Levothyroxine.

This cabbage thing was never mentioned to me. Does this goitergenic
thing bother me while I am on Levothyroxine? I really like the cabbage
family, especially brussels sprouts. What is a safe interval between
days with cabbage on the menu?

This is something you need to talk to your Dr. about. For me, I would never
have cabbage on the menu, nor broccoli. I might add a bit of cabbage to a
soup a couple of times a year. I might have less than a serving of coleslaw
once a year. Other than that I don't eat it.

Thanks. I will be seeing her next Tuesday.

And Done: Corned beef and Cabbage in the Cabbage Bowl jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2016 05:12 PM
cabbage? W. Baker Diabetic 1 05-12-2013 07:06 AM
cabbage? Denise[_4_] Diabetic 0 11-11-2013 11:26 AM
Cabbage for Cabbage Rolls [email protected] General Cooking 18 06-12-2008 04:58 PM
Cabbage Egg Mix FoodBuff Recipes (moderated) 0 17-03-2008 02:40 AM