Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ATTN: Pete Romph

Hi Pete,

I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
abundance of fresh crab meat...

Thanks,

Will, T2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
W.M.McKee > wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
> sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
> cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
> abundance of fresh crab meat...

Oooooooh..... I knew I liked you! :-)

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Pete Romph (Louis dressing)

W.M.McKee wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab
> Louie.... My sister is coming from Colorado this evening
> for a short visit, and we cannot seem to find our recipe
> for crab louie. We already have an abundance of fresh
> crab meat...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will, T2

Try these:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Classic Louis Dressing

This is the classic sauce with a seafood salad

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 12
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Mayonnaise
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, No Cook, Simple - Easy, Dips, Dressings,
Vegetables, Sauces, Condiments

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup Mayonnaise ; - low fat
1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
1 tablespoon Parsley ; - fresh, minced
1 teaspoon Lemon juice ; - fresh squeezed
1 teaspoon Horseradish, prepared
1/2 teaspoon Onion ; - grated
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper

-= Instructions =-
Stir ingredients together. Cover and chill. Makes 1-1/2 cups. Good as a
salad dressing or dip, wonderful with boiled shrimp as an alternative to
ketchup-based dip, and fantastic with Onion Mums.

Adapted from recipe by Hellmanns Mayonnaise.

Each (2 Tbs) serving contains:
Cals: 88, FatCals: 59, TotalFat: 7g
SatFat: 1g, PolyFat: 4g, MonoFat: 2g
Chol: 5mg, Na: 284mg, K: 54mg
TotCarbs: 7g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 3g
NetCarbs: 7g, protein: 0g

** Photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe107344 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

I've use this with Salmon as well:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Salmon Louis

This classic salad uses smoked salmon but works equally well with crab or
shrimp.

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine: French
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Categories: Diabetic, Low Carb, No Cook, Simple - Easy, Vegetables, Salads,
Brunch, Appetizers

-= Ingredients =-
8 ounces smoked salmon ; - NOT Lox
16 ounces salad greens ; - I like baby field greens
2 Large Eggs ; - hard boiled. peels, cut in 1/2 long ways
~~ -- Louis Dressing -- see recipe107344 ~~
1 cup Low fat Mayonnaise
1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
1 tablespoon Parsley ; - minced
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Onion ; - minced
1 pinch kosher salt ; - to taste
1 pinch Black pepper ; - to taste
2 drops Tabasco sauce ; - optional

-= Instructions =-
Mix the dressing ingredients together and adjust spicing as needed.
Place the salad greens in a bowl or a medium sized tray. Clear a space in
the center to hold a smaller bowl for the dressing. Place the dressing bown
in that space then crumble the salmon around on top of the greens. You can
also add crab meat or shelled shrimp to this if you wish.

Place egg halves with yolk showing nestled in the salmon.

Diners scoop up a mixture of smoked fish, greens, and an egg. Then they
drizzle dressing over the top of their serving.

Each serving (about 2 cups) contains:
Cals: 371, FatCals: 233, Total Fat: 26g
SatFat: 5g, PolyFat: 2g, MonoFat: 18g
Chol: 178mg, Na: 1100mg, K: 331mg
TotCarbs: 19g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 9g
NetCarbs: 16g, Protein: 18g

** http://www.bigoven.com/recipe160371 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:02:26 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>Try these:
>
> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>
> Classic Louis Dressing

Thanks, Pete

These look wonderful... Last night we made up our own from memory, and
it was quite good... We just did not get these in time, but I shall be
sure to give them a try soon!

Will, T2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W.M.McKee wrote:
> On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:02:26 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
> > wrote:
>

>> Try these:
>>
>> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>>
>> Classic Louis Dressing
>>

> Thanks, Pete
>
> These look wonderful... Last night we made up our own
> from memory, and it was quite good... We just did not get
> these in time, but I shall be sure to give them a try
> soon!
>
> Will, T2

Sorry I was behind. We've been traveling.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 20 May 2006 11:21:29 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>W.M.McKee wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:02:26 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> Try these:
>>>
>>> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>>>
>>> Classic Louis Dressing
>>>

>> Thanks, Pete
>>
>> These look wonderful... Last night we made up our own
>> from memory, and it was quite good... We just did not get
>> these in time, but I shall be sure to give them a try
>> soon!
>>
>> Will, T2

>Sorry I was behind. We've been traveling.

You are wonderful, Pete... And, I am sorry I mispelled your last
name...

Thanks again,

Will, T2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:39:49 -0400, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> W.M.McKee > wrote:
>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
>> sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
>> cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
>> abundance of fresh crab meat...

>Oooooooh..... I knew I liked you! :-)

Hi Priscilla,

I have a very high opinion of you also.. You are one of the good guys!

Will, T2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
W.M.McKee > wrote:

> On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:39:49 -0400, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > W.M.McKee > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Pete,
> >>
> >> I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
> >> sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
> >> cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
> >> abundance of fresh crab meat...

> >Oooooooh..... I knew I liked you! :-)
> >

> Hi Priscilla,
>
> I have a very high opinion of you also.. You are one of the good guys!

Wow, and I don't have an abundance of much of anything yummy on hand! I
do have 1-2 plants each of 11 varieties of tomato I'll be putting out
soon....

Priscilla