Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 19-05-2006, 06:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10
Default ATTN: Pete Romph

Hi Pete,

I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
abundance of fresh crab meat...

Thanks,

Will, T2

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 19-05-2006, 07:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 73
Default ATTN: Pete Romph

In article ,
W.M.McKee wrote:

Hi Pete,

I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
abundance of fresh crab meat...


Oooooooh..... I knew I liked you! :-)

Priscilla
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-05-2006, 01:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 714
Default Pete Romph (Louis dressing)

W.M.McKee wrote:
Hi Pete,

I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab
Louie.... My sister is coming from Colorado this evening
for a short visit, and we cannot seem to find our recipe
for crab louie. We already have an abundance of fresh
crab meat...

Thanks,

Will, T2



Try these:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Classic Louis Dressing

This is the classic sauce with a seafood salad

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 12
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient: Mayonnaise
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, No Cook, Simple - Easy, Dips, Dressings,
Vegetables, Sauces, Condiments

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup Mayonnaise ; - low fat
1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
1 tablespoon Parsley ; - fresh, minced
1 teaspoon Lemon juice ; - fresh squeezed
1 teaspoon Horseradish, prepared
1/2 teaspoon Onion ; - grated
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper

-= Instructions =-
Stir ingredients together. Cover and chill. Makes 1-1/2 cups. Good as a
salad dressing or dip, wonderful with boiled shrimp as an alternative to
ketchup-based dip, and fantastic with Onion Mums.

Adapted from recipe by Hellmanns Mayonnaise.

Each (2 Tbs) serving contains:
Cals: 88, FatCals: 59, TotalFat: 7g
SatFat: 1g, PolyFat: 4g, MonoFat: 2g
Chol: 5mg, Na: 284mg, K: 54mg
TotCarbs: 7g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 3g
NetCarbs: 7g, protein: 0g


** Photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe107344 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **


I've use this with Salmon as well:


-= Exported from BigOven =-

Salmon Louis

This classic salad uses smoked salmon but works equally well with crab or
shrimp.

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine: French
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Categories: Diabetic, Low Carb, No Cook, Simple - Easy, Vegetables, Salads,
Brunch, Appetizers

-= Ingredients =-
8 ounces smoked salmon ; - NOT Lox
16 ounces salad greens ; - I like baby field greens
2 Large Eggs ; - hard boiled. peels, cut in 1/2 long ways
~~ -- Louis Dressing -- see recipe107344 ~~
1 cup Low fat Mayonnaise
1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
1 tablespoon Parsley ; - minced
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Onion ; - minced
1 pinch kosher salt ; - to taste
1 pinch Black pepper ; - to taste
2 drops Tabasco sauce ; - optional

-= Instructions =-
Mix the dressing ingredients together and adjust spicing as needed.
Place the salad greens in a bowl or a medium sized tray. Clear a space in
the center to hold a smaller bowl for the dressing. Place the dressing bown
in that space then crumble the salmon around on top of the greens. You can
also add crab meat or shelled shrimp to this if you wish.

Place egg halves with yolk showing nestled in the salmon.

Diners scoop up a mixture of smoked fish, greens, and an egg. Then they
drizzle dressing over the top of their serving.

Each serving (about 2 cups) contains:
Cals: 371, FatCals: 233, Total Fat: 26g
SatFat: 5g, PolyFat: 2g, MonoFat: 18g
Chol: 178mg, Na: 1100mg, K: 331mg
TotCarbs: 19g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 9g
NetCarbs: 16g, Protein: 18g

** http://www.bigoven.com/recipe160371 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **








--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-05-2006, 01:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10
Default Pete Romph (Louis dressing)

On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:02:26 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
wrote:



Try these:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Classic Louis Dressing


Thanks, Pete

These look wonderful... Last night we made up our own from memory, and
it was quite good... We just did not get these in time, but I shall be
sure to give them a try soon!

Will, T2
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-05-2006, 05:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 714
Default Pete Romph (Louis dressing)

W.M.McKee wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:02:26 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
wrote:



Try these:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Classic Louis Dressing


Thanks, Pete

These look wonderful... Last night we made up our own
from memory, and it was quite good... We just did not get
these in time, but I shall be sure to give them a try
soon!

Will, T2

Sorry I was behind. We've been traveling.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org




  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-05-2006, 10:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10
Default Pete Romph (Louis dressing)

On Sat, 20 May 2006 11:21:29 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
wrote:

W.M.McKee wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:02:26 -0500, "Pete Romfh"
wrote:



Try these:

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Classic Louis Dressing


Thanks, Pete

These look wonderful... Last night we made up our own
from memory, and it was quite good... We just did not get
these in time, but I shall be sure to give them a try
soon!

Will, T2

Sorry I was behind. We've been traveling.


You are wonderful, Pete... And, I am sorry I mispelled your last
name...

Thanks again,

Will, T2
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-05-2006, 11:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10
Default ATTN: Pete Romph

On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:39:49 -0400, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
wrote:

In article ,
W.M.McKee wrote:

Hi Pete,

I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
abundance of fresh crab meat...


Oooooooh..... I knew I liked you! :-)


Hi Priscilla,

I have a very high opinion of you also.. You are one of the good guys!

Will, T2
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-05-2006, 11:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 71
Default ATTN: Pete Romph

In article ,
W.M.McKee wrote:

On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:39:49 -0400, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
wrote:

In article ,
W.M.McKee wrote:

Hi Pete,

I was wondering if you have any good recipes for Crab Louie.... My
sister is coming from Colorado this evening for a short visit, and we
cannot seem to find our recipe for crab louie. We already have an
abundance of fresh crab meat...


Oooooooh..... I knew I liked you! :-)


Hi Priscilla,

I have a very high opinion of you also.. You are one of the good guys!


Wow, and I don't have an abundance of much of anything yummy on hand! I
do have 1-2 plants each of 11 varieties of tomato I'll be putting out
soon....

Priscilla


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get some sleep Pete for-- Bob B General Cooking 1 01-12-2008 07:26 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017