Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: THAI THIGHS

Chicken thighs can be so cheap... I've served this to guests and they loved
it! It's great cold for a snack later as well.

Thai Thighs

1 1/4 C plain yogurt
2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground corriander
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
Cayenne pepper to taste
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
Grated lemon peel of 1 lemon
2 pounds chicken thighs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In large mixing bowl or big ziploc plastic bag, combine yogurt, ginger,
corriander, garlic, cayenne, lemon juice and peel. Add the chicken thighs
and turn to coat well. Marinate for at least an hour, but as much as 24 in
the fridge.

When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the mariande and place on a
foil line baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, lightly brown, and
bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with a slotted spatula and discard
juices.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks, Jennifer. I'm on a Tandoori chicken high right now--making
every healthy-looking recipe I find, and this fits nicely with the
Asian theme! I will make this tomorrow. We used to have a restaurant
chain all over the area called Tandoori some years back, and I loved
their chicken and various yogurt sauces. I keep trying to find recipes
similar to theirs.

pc

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default THAI THIGHS

What makes this recipe a real winner in my book, is to use LIMES instead of
the Lemon.
The difference is phenomenal - a totally different taste and doesn't in any
way detract from Jennifer's original recipe.
Just my Tuppenceworth - and what I'm away to make for tonight! (Again! - we
had it last night too)

"Jennifer" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Chicken thighs can be so cheap... I've served this to guests and they
> loved
> it! It's great cold for a snack later as well.
>
> Thai Thighs
>
> 1 1/4 C plain yogurt
> 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
> 1 1/2 tsp ground corriander
> 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
> Cayenne pepper to taste
> 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
> Grated lemon peel of 1 lemon
> 2 pounds chicken thighs
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees
>
> In large mixing bowl or big ziploc plastic bag, combine yogurt, ginger,
> corriander, garlic, cayenne, lemon juice and peel. Add the chicken thighs
> and turn to coat well. Marinate for at least an hour, but as much as 24
> in
> the fridge.
>
> When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the mariande and place on a
> foil line baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, lightly brown, and
> bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with a slotted spatula and discard
> juices.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"See Hear" > wrote in message
> What makes this recipe a real winner in my book, is to use LIMES instead
> of the Lemon.
> The difference is phenomenal - a totally different taste and doesn't in
> any way detract from Jennifer's original recipe.
> Just my Tuppenceworth - and what I'm away to make for tonight! (Again! -
> we had it last night too)

As it happens, I had limes but not lemons when I put mine up to marinade for
tomorrow night's supper : )

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004