Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Spanakoriso

An Australian friend of mine was telling me about this Green rice dish. It
sounded good, so I did a search and came up with the recipe below. The
person who came up with this is Australian. And it would appear that
English is not their native language. Also some of the amounts were rather
vague. Like the crushed tomatoes. I used a large tin. I also used more
mushrooms. I'm sure that this dish is very carby so I only took a small
amount. However, I'm sure you could make it less carby by adding more
vegetables to it. I'm thinking diced carrot and finely sliced green beans
would go well. I think it's super yummy! But my daughter thinks it's yucky
so I guess I won't be making it again for a while.

http://feelingdelicious.blogspot.com...anakoriso.html

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Typo! Should read "Greek", not "Green"!

--
See my webpage:
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> An Australian friend of mine was telling me about this Green rice dish.

It
> sounded good, so I did a search and came up with the recipe below. The
> person who came up with this is Australian. And it would appear that
> English is not their native language. Also some of the amounts were

rather
> vague. Like the crushed tomatoes. I used a large tin. I also used more
> mushrooms. I'm sure that this dish is very carby so I only took a small
> amount. However, I'm sure you could make it less carby by adding more
> vegetables to it. I'm thinking diced carrot and finely sliced green beans
> would go well. I think it's super yummy! But my daughter thinks it's

yucky
> so I guess I won't be making it again for a while.
>
> http://feelingdelicious.blogspot.com...anakoriso.html
>

> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote in message
> An Australian friend of mine was telling me about this Green rice dish.

It
> sounded good, so I did a search and came up with the recipe below. The
> person who came up with this is Australian. And it would appear that
> English is not their native language. Also some of the amounts were

rather
> vague. Like the crushed tomatoes. I used a large tin. I also used more
> mushrooms. I'm sure that this dish is very carby so I only took a small
> amount. However

, I'm sure you could make it less carby by adding more
> vegetables to it.

The way to make it less carby is to eliminate the rice.

PJ

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Peanutjake" > wrote:

> Julie Bove > wrote in message
> > An Australian friend of mine was telling me about this Green rice dish.

> It
> > sounded good, so I did a search and came up with the recipe below. The
> > person who came up with this is Australian. And it would appear that
> > English is not their native language. Also some of the amounts were

> rather
> > vague. Like the crushed tomatoes. I used a large tin. I also used more
> > mushrooms. I'm sure that this dish is very carby so I only took a small
> > amount. However

> , I'm sure you could make it less carby by adding more
> > vegetables to it.

> The way to make it less carby is to eliminate the rice.

Or add more vegies as she said. That way there's less rice in each
serving.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

> The way to make it less carby is to eliminate the rice.

Well, then you'd have to call it something else. Works for me, but I can't
eat very much of it.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Priscilla H. Ballou > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Peanutjake" > wrote:
>
> > Julie Bove > wrote in message
> > > An Australian friend of mine was telling me about this Green rice

dish.
> > It
> > > sounded good, so I did a search and came up with the recipe below.

The
> > > person who came up with this is Australian. And it would appear that
> > > English is not their native language. Also some of the amounts were

> > rather
> > > vague. Like the crushed tomatoes. I used a large tin. I also used

more
> > > mushrooms. I'm sure that this dish is very carby so I only took a

small
> > > amount. However

> > , I'm sure you could make it less carby by adding more
> > > vegetables to it.

> > The way to make it less carby is to eliminate the rice.

> Or add more vegies as she said. That way there's less rice in each
> serving.
>
> Priscilla

I haven't eaten a grain of rice in 5 years.

PJ

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Peanutjake" > wrote:

> Priscilla H. Ballou > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Peanutjake" > wrote:
> >
> > > Julie Bove > wrote in message

> dish.
> > > It

> The
> > > rather

> more

> small
> > >
> > > , I'm sure you could make it less carby by adding more
> > >
> > > The way to make it less carby is to eliminate the rice.

> > Or add more vegies as she said. That way there's less rice in each
> > serving.
> >
> > Priscilla

> I haven't eaten a grain of rice in 5 years.

How special.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message

> I thought it sounded awfully carby for a diabetic recipe, but I haven't
> eaten rice in years, either.
>
> OTOH, I occasionally have tabouli, if it's almost all parsley based,
> with a minimum of bulgar wheat.

It's not a diabetic recipe. I only ate a couple of bites but it was yummy!
If I were to make it for me, I'd add a lot more veggies to it. But I'll
probably never make it again because the rest of the family didn't like it
at all.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message
> OTOH, I occasionally have tabouli, if it's almost all parsley based, with
> a minimum of bulgar wheat.

I make tabouli with quinoa these days, spike-free. I keep meaning to try
amaranth, too.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004