Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cabbage Rolls

Ozgirl wrote:
> http://www.daa.asn.au/recipes/recipe...5835085&id=100
>
> To make this less carby I would substitute maybe sweet
> potato and other small pieces of low carb veggies for the
> potato and corn. Or less potato and corn and more other
> veggies. I like the sound of the '"sauce".

When I saw "potatoes" in the ingredients for "cabbage rolls", I thought,
what kind of nouvelle cuisine heretic would call those cabbage rolls? My
Ukrainian and Polish relatives, as well as my German, Slavic, and
Middle-Eastern friends were all raising their hands to their heads in
stunned horror!

Then I read the recipe. "Cabbage PARCELS". TRADITION is preserved, and
all is well with the world. ;-)

My nouvelle cuisine taste buds are intrigued, although maybe only one of
my brothers might be adventurous enough to try it.

Thanks!

Dennis (Type 2)

cabbage rolls lainie General Cooking 19 06-09-2010 04:16 PM
Cabbage Rolls katreen Recipes 2 09-07-2009 04:58 PM
Cabbage Rolls Kellie Poodle Recipes (moderated) 0 16-11-2006 04:30 AM
Cabbage Rolls PlaidPooka Recipes (moderated) 0 29-11-2005 04:49 AM