Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chicken Vegetable Soup ???

Does anyone have a good receipe for chicken vegetable soup ???

Thanks

Nirvana

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nirvana" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good receipe for chicken vegetable soup ???

I don't have an actual recipe. When I make soup, I tend to just throw in
whatever I have around. To start, I would caramelize some vegetables. I
know many people would do this only for a beef soup, but I like the flavor.
Chop some onion, carrot and celery, then brown in butter or olive oil. Add
a large container of chicken brother or stock and then some chopped cooked
chicken. You can use the kind from a can or pouch, or cook it yourself.
Season with a bay leaf or two (remember to remove before serving), salt and
pepper, parsley and maybe even a bit of Italian seasoning. From there, you
can add whatever other veggies you have around or that you like. I always
add green beans to mine. Might also add corn, peas or split peas or some
cooked dried beans. But if I'm making it just for me, I'll usually only add
green beans. Cabbage and cauliflower are good to add too, but only a little
as they can be overpowering.

--
See my webpage: