Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: Japanese Rolled Omelet

Japanese Rolled Omelet For Two

5 eggs
1.5 tsp sugar or Splinda
3 tbs dashi soup stock or 1/8 tsp Hon Dashi Granules
3 tsp's soy sauce
1 tsp vegetable oil

It is hard to explain the cooking procedure without pictures. Follow
the directions on how to cook at this site:
http://japanesefood.about.com/librar.../aa031003a.htm

I use a medium size non-stick pan. I like to roll them tighter than
the pictures shows, ending up with a large round roll. After it cools
slightly, I slice it into 3/4 inch rounds. Serve with soy sauce. Goes
good with cold soba, rice or a salad.

You can add finely chopped green onion to the egg mixture for variety.
Chicken or beef soup powder can be substituted for Hon Dashi.

Andrea2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Japanese Rolled Omelet

Andrea2 wrote:
> Japanese Rolled Omelet For Two
>
> 5 eggs
> 1.5 tsp sugar or Splinda
> 3 tbs dashi soup stock or 1/8 tsp Hon Dashi Granules
> 3 tsp's soy sauce
> 1 tsp vegetable oil
>
> It is hard to explain the cooking procedure without
> pictures. Follow the directions on how to cook at this
> site: http://japanesefood.about.com/librar.../aa031003a.htm
>
> I use a medium size non-stick pan. I like to roll them
> tighter than the pictures shows, ending up with a large
> round roll. After it cools slightly, I slice it into 3/4
> inch rounds. Serve with soy sauce. Goes good with cold
> soba, rice or a salad.
>
> You can add finely chopped green onion to the egg mixture
> for variety. Chicken or beef soup powder can be
> substituted for Hon Dashi.
>
> Andrea2

I'd wondered how Tamago was done. Now I know.
I've often had it as a form of sushi but I can see how it would go well with
buckwheat soba.

Thanks for posting the info.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh