Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Diabetic Friendly Pancakes

Diabetic Friendly Pancakes
Low Carb:

Makes four 3 ½ inch pancakes
10-12 grams of net carb approximately

Ingredients:

5 to 6 Tbsp. Soy flour (Whole Foods market)
5 Tbsp. Tofu (soft)
1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 whole egg
3 Oz. (7 Tbsps.) Soy Milk-unsweetened, low carb 6 grams or less per cup
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 dashes of ground nutmeg
3 packets of Splenda

Topping:
Maple Grove Farms Cozy Cottage Sugar Free Syrup.
Or food process half frozen blueberries or strawberries to create a fruit
sorbet topping.

Directions:

Using a food processor, blend all ingredients except for the syrup.
Spoon batter into a non-stick frying pan coated with canola oil.

Cook at very low heat and covered for approximately 3 minutes and then flip
the cakes. Keep checking to avoid burning. Before flipping, the top of the
uncooked side of the cake should lose its shine and look dull. Don't expect
to see bubbling.

Enjoy!

Uncle Enrico

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I've tweaked the recipe and made a few changes. This is the updated version.
I've reduced the amount of Tofu and added allspice. Asterisks mark the
changes.

Diabetic Friendly Pancakes
Low Carb:

Makes four 3 ½ inch pancakes
10-12 grams of net carb approximately

Ingredients:

5 to 6 Tbsp. Soy flour (Whole Foods market)
3 Tbsp. Tofu (soft) *
1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 whole egg
3 Oz. (7 Tbsps.) Soy Milk-unsweetened, low carb 6 grams or less per cup
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. Allspice *
pinch of salt
2 dashes of ground nutmeg
3 packets of Splenda

Topping:
Maple Grove Farms Cozy Cottage Sugar Free Syrup.
Or food process half frozen blueberries or strawberries to create a fruit
sorbet topping. ( The fruit sorbet will add carbs)

Directions:

Using a food processor, blend all ingredients except for the syrup.
Spoon batter into a non-stick frying pan coated with canola oil.

Cook at very low heat and covered for approximately 3 minutes and then flip
the cakes. Keep checking to avoid burning. Before flipping, the top of the
uncooked side of the cake should lose its shine and look dull. Don't expect
to see bubbling.

Note: you may have to adjust either the amount of soy milk or the soy flour
to get the batter to spread properly.

Enjoy!

Uncle Enrico

. com...