Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Recipe suggestions for a Mustard please?

I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb pack of
Franks on a whim.
I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and briefly
fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce & Cucumber, my own
Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be used
again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

You can buy small bottles of yellow mustard for under a dollar.

The ingredients to make it would cost more.

Splurge.

Jennifer

See Hear wrote:

> I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb pack of
> Franks on a whim.
> I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and briefly
> fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce & Cucumber, my own
> Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
> I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
> English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
> Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be used
> again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
> Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
> hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

See Hear > wrote:
: I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb pack of
: Franks on a whim.
: I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and briefly
: fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce & Cucumber, my own
: Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
: I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
: English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
: Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be used
: again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
: Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
: hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Have you got access to Kosher Deli-Style mustard? I find that is the best
with hot dogs. Yu can kind of duplicate it by addign a little prepared
white horseradish to other mustard.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"See Hear" > wrote in message
> I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb pack
> of Franks on a whim.
> I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and briefly
> fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce & Cucumber, my own
> Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
> I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
> English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
> Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be used
> again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
> Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
> hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Scottish mustard is pretty close to the American version, I seem to recall?
The heat in mustard is from the oily aromatics. You could try mixing some
English up again and letting it sit for a while, letting the aromatics
disperse?

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sorry... you didn't say and I didn't notice that you weren't in the US.

Here's a recipe for mild ballpark mustard.

http://www.recipezaar.com/40300

Also I've lived in London and saw French's Yellow Mustard at many stores.

Jennifer

Jennifer wrote:
> You can buy small bottles of yellow mustard for under a dollar.
>
> The ingredients to make it would cost more.
>
> Splurge.
>
> Jennifer
>

> See Hear wrote:
>
>> I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb
>> pack of Franks on a whim.
>> I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and
>> briefly fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce &
>> Cucumber, my own Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
>> I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
>> English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
>> Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be
>> used again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
>> Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
>> hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:33:34 -0000, "See Hear"
> wrote:

>I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb pack of
>Franks on a whim.
>I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and briefly
>fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce & Cucumber, my own
>Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
>I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
>English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
>Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be used
>again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
>Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
>hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Keen's produce a paste form of the Hot English - but use it
very sparingly. I make up a paste using 1/4 teaspoon of
mustard, dribble a little water in the spoon and mix.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

See Hear wrote:

> I've got a hankering for some Hot Dogs - I bought a fairly low carb pack of
> Franks on a whim.
> I intend putting them in Pitas, with lots of Wivvered (Sliced and briefly
> fried Onions & fresh Thyme) with extra sliced Lettuce & Cucumber, my own
> Tomato Ketchup and a MILD Mustard inside.
> I tried Dijon Mustard and some Grain Mustards, but not a Hot-Dog taste.
> English Mustard Powder mixed with Milk was a bit too hot as well.
> Since I don't want to buy a full bottle of Mild Mustard (Never to be used
> again) perhaps some kind soul might be able to help with this?
> Thanks in advance... But hurry up please, I'm getting desperate for a
> hotdog! They are getting pretty close to their "best by" date.

Don't the fast food places in the UK have the little packets? Order a
diet drink and take one packet.

--
Janet Wilder