Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Lentil Sprouts

Does anyone know the carb count of these? I've tried looking online and all
I can find is that there isn't a lot of nutritional information on these.
Other legume sprouts seem to have 6-7 grams of total carb per cup with about
2 grams of fiber. I do know that a cup of lentil sprouts has about one
serving of protein.

I just started pea, lentil and a spicy radish and other small seed sprouts
and I can't wait to try them. The lentils already taste good. The peas are
a bit bitter.

I have a recipe for lentil sprouts that sounds yummy. You mix them with
fresh lemon juice, olive oil and chopped chives or green onions. I think
chopped tomato would go well with this too, and perhaps some parsley. Can't
wait to try it!

I am hoping that the sprouts are low enough in carbs that I can eat them for
lunch. They seem like the perfect food, offering protein and a small amount
of carbs. I am getting tired of having to skip lunch in order for my
numbers to be in range by dinner. And my breakfast is usually only a
Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. So as you can imagine, I am very hungry by
dinner time. So far the only thing that isn't causing BG trouble between
meals is more pumpkin seeds or a little bit of coconut. Another other nuts
or veggies I've tried have shot up my BG. Even a stalk of celery is out of
the question for me now.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:56:56 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know the carb count of these? I've tried looking online

and all
>I can find is that there isn't a lot of nutritional information on

these.
>Other legume sprouts seem to have 6-7 grams of total carb per cup

with about
>2 grams of fiber. I do know that a cup of lentil sprouts has about

one
>serving of protein.
>
>I just started pea, lentil and a spicy radish and other small seed

sprouts
>and I can't wait to try them. The lentils already taste good. The

peas are
>a bit bitter.
>
>I have a recipe for lentil sprouts that sounds yummy. You mix them

with
>fresh lemon juice, olive oil and chopped chives or green onions. I

think
>chopped tomato would go well with this too, and perhaps some parsley.

Can't
>wait to try it!
>
>I am hoping that the sprouts are low enough in carbs that I can eat

them for
>lunch. They seem like the perfect food, offering protein and a small

amount
>of carbs. I am getting tired of having to skip lunch in order for my
>numbers to be in range by dinner. And my breakfast is usually only a
>Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. So as you can imagine, I am very hungry

by
>dinner time. So far the only thing that isn't causing BG trouble

between
>meals is more pumpkin seeds or a little bit of coconut. Another

other nuts
>or veggies I've tried have shot up my BG. Even a stalk of celery is

out of
>the question for me now.

I've sprouted about everything that grows at one time or another.
Lately, I have only been sprouting Broccoli sprouts, we both love
their taste and they are very healthy.

For the small seed sprouts, I just ignore the carbs. For larger seeds,
like peas or lentils, I would weigh the seeds before sprouting to get
the total carb count. The carb count is unlikely to change much after
sprouting. If you know the total carb count and want to be precise,
you can weigh the harvest and through some simple math get the carbs
per gram.

Have you been getting your sprouting seeds on the net? I get mine from
http://www.sproutpeople.net/ . There are less expensive places but
theirs are always fresh with near 100% germination.

Andrea2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know the carb count of these? I've tried looking online and
> all
> I can find is that there isn't a lot of nutritional information on these.
> Other legume sprouts seem to have 6-7 grams of total carb per cup with
> about
> 2 grams of fiber. I do know that a cup of lentil sprouts has about one
> serving of protein.
>
> I just started pea, lentil and a spicy radish and other small seed sprouts
> and I can't wait to try them. The lentils already taste good. The peas
> are
> a bit bitter.
>
> I have a recipe for lentil sprouts that sounds yummy. You mix them with
> fresh lemon juice, olive oil and chopped chives or green onions. I think
> chopped tomato would go well with this too, and perhaps some parsley.
> Can't
> wait to try it!
>
> I am hoping that the sprouts are low enough in carbs that I can eat them
> for
> lunch. They seem like the perfect food, offering protein and a small
> amount
> of carbs. I am getting tired of having to skip lunch in order for my
> numbers to be in range by dinner. And my breakfast is usually only a
> Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. So as you can imagine, I am very hungry by
> dinner time. So far the only thing that isn't causing BG trouble between
> meals is more pumpkin seeds or a little bit of coconut. Another other
> nuts
> or veggies I've tried have shot up my BG. Even a stalk of celery is out
> of
> the question for me now.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

Julie,

I looked at lentil on FitDay (PC version), and I found a number of entries.
Here are a few of them:

Lentils, sprouted, raw -- 1 cup -- 17g carbs
Lentils, sprouted, cooked, stir-fried -- 1oz. (note the change in
portion) -- 6g carbs
Lentils, mature seeds, cooked (boiled) -- 1 cup -- 40g carbs
Lentils, dry, cooked, fat *not* added -- 1 cup (yield after cooking) -- 108g
carbs
Lentils, dry, cooked, fat added in cooking -- 1 cup (yield after cooking) --
108g carbs
Lentils, pink, raw -- 1 cup -- 114g carbs

So, there's quite a variation, depending on how they are used (there are
also some other listings in FitDay). You mentioned lentil *sprouts,* and
that doesn't look bad at all. (And, of course, 1 cup is quite a lot.)

MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I use this website to find out the carb count on foods when I'm thinking of
trying something new. They seem to have commerical items and fast food too.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

--
Joe W
T2 Nov '05

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know the carb count of these? I've tried looking online and
>> all
>> I can find is that there isn't a lot of nutritional information on these.
>> Other legume sprouts seem to have 6-7 grams of total carb per cup with
>> about
>> 2 grams of fiber. I do know that a cup of lentil sprouts has about one
>> serving of protein.
>>
>> I just started pea, lentil and a spicy radish and other small seed
>> sprouts
>> and I can't wait to try them. The lentils already taste good. The peas
>> are
>> a bit bitter.
>>
>> I have a recipe for lentil sprouts that sounds yummy. You mix them with
>> fresh lemon juice, olive oil and chopped chives or green onions. I think
>> chopped tomato would go well with this too, and perhaps some parsley.
>> Can't
>> wait to try it!
>>
>> I am hoping that the sprouts are low enough in carbs that I can eat them
>> for
>> lunch. They seem like the perfect food, offering protein and a small
>> amount
>> of carbs. I am getting tired of having to skip lunch in order for my
>> numbers to be in range by dinner. And my breakfast is usually only a
>> Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. So as you can imagine, I am very hungry by
>> dinner time. So far the only thing that isn't causing BG trouble between
>> meals is more pumpkin seeds or a little bit of coconut. Another other
>> nuts
>> or veggies I've tried have shot up my BG. Even a stalk of celery is out
>> of
>> the question for me now.
>>
>> --
>> See my webpage:
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm
>>

> Julie,
>
> I looked at lentil on FitDay (PC version), and I found a number of
> entries. Here are a few of them:
>
> Lentils, sprouted, raw -- 1 cup -- 17g carbs
> Lentils, sprouted, cooked, stir-fried -- 1oz. (note the change in
> portion) -- 6g carbs
> Lentils, mature seeds, cooked (boiled) -- 1 cup -- 40g carbs
> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat *not* added -- 1 cup (yield after cooking) --
> 108g carbs
> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat added in cooking -- 1 cup (yield after
> cooking) -- 108g carbs
> Lentils, pink, raw -- 1 cup -- 114g carbs
>
> So, there's quite a variation, depending on how they are used (there are
> also some other listings in FitDay). You mentioned lentil *sprouts,* and
> that doesn't look bad at all. (And, of course, 1 cup is quite a lot.)
>
> MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Andrea2" > wrote in message
news
> I've sprouted about everything that grows at one time or another.
> Lately, I have only been sprouting Broccoli sprouts, we both love
> their taste and they are very healthy.

That's one thing I haven't tried. I don't much care for broccoli and I read
that the sprouts do taste like it.

> For the small seed sprouts, I just ignore the carbs. For larger seeds,
> like peas or lentils, I would weigh the seeds before sprouting to get
> the total carb count. The carb count is unlikely to change much after
> sprouting. If you know the total carb count and want to be precise,
> you can weigh the harvest and through some simple math get the carbs
> per gram.
>
> Have you been getting your sprouting seeds on the net? I get mine from
> http://www.sproutpeople.net/ . There are less expensive places but
> theirs are always fresh with near 100% germination.

That's where I got mine. Thanks!

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> Julie,
>
> I looked at lentil on FitDay (PC version), and I found a number of

entries.
> Here are a few of them:
>
> Lentils, sprouted, raw -- 1 cup -- 17g carbs
> Lentils, sprouted, cooked, stir-fried -- 1oz. (note the change in
> portion) -- 6g carbs
> Lentils, mature seeds, cooked (boiled) -- 1 cup -- 40g carbs
> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat *not* added -- 1 cup (yield after cooking) --

108g
> carbs
> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat added in cooking -- 1 cup (yield after

cooking) --
> 108g carbs
> Lentils, pink, raw -- 1 cup -- 114g carbs
>
> So, there's quite a variation, depending on how they are used (there are
> also some other listings in FitDay). You mentioned lentil *sprouts,* and
> that doesn't look bad at all. (And, of course, 1 cup is quite a lot.)

Thanks! That's not bad then. I would be eating them raw. I'm thinking of
going on a raw food diet, but am not sure if it will be 100% raw because I'm
just not convinced that this is the way to go. In the meantime, I am
looking for more ways to increase the amount of raw food I eat.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Joe" > wrote in message
> I use this website to find out the carb count on foods when I'm thinking

of
> trying something new. They seem to have commerical items and fast food

too.
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

But it doesn't have sprouts. I already looked there.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>
>> Julie,
>>
>> I looked at lentil on FitDay (PC version), and I found a number of

> entries.
>> Here are a few of them:
>>
>> Lentils, sprouted, raw -- 1 cup -- 17g carbs
>> Lentils, sprouted, cooked, stir-fried -- 1oz. (note the change in
>> portion) -- 6g carbs
>> Lentils, mature seeds, cooked (boiled) -- 1 cup -- 40g carbs
>> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat *not* added -- 1 cup (yield after cooking) --

> 108g
>> carbs
>> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat added in cooking -- 1 cup (yield after

> cooking) --
>> 108g carbs
>> Lentils, pink, raw -- 1 cup -- 114g carbs
>>
>> So, there's quite a variation, depending on how they are used (there are
>> also some other listings in FitDay). You mentioned lentil *sprouts,* and
>> that doesn't look bad at all. (And, of course, 1 cup is quite a lot.)

> Thanks! That's not bad then. I would be eating them raw. I'm thinking
> of
> going on a raw food diet, but am not sure if it will be 100% raw because
> I'm
> just not convinced that this is the way to go. In the meantime, I am
> looking for more ways to increase the amount of raw food I eat.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

You might want to look at FitDay. It has a very large database, and you can
see various nutritional values in just an instant. You can also add
favorite foods if they are not in the database. There is a free online
version, but I bought the PC version because I prefer to keep everything on
my own computer.

MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> You might want to look at FitDay. It has a very large database, and you

can
> see various nutritional values in just an instant. You can also add
> favorite foods if they are not in the database. There is a free online
> version, but I bought the PC version because I prefer to keep everything

on
> my own computer.

I have been to that website before, but not for a while.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove Boldly typed:
> Does anyone know the carb count of these? I've tried looking online
> and all I can find is that there isn't a lot of nutritional
> information on these. Other legume sprouts seem to have 6-7 grams of
> total carb per cup with about 2 grams of fiber. I do know that a
> cup
> of lentil sprouts has about one serving of protein.
>
> I just started pea, lentil and a spicy radish and other small seed
> sprouts and I can't wait to try them. The lentils already taste
> good. The peas are a bit bitter.
>
> I have a recipe for lentil sprouts that sounds yummy. You mix them
> with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and chopped chives or green
> onions.
> I think chopped tomato would go well with this too, and perhaps some
> parsley. Can't wait to try it!
>
> I am hoping that the sprouts are low enough in carbs that I can eat
> them for lunch. They seem like the perfect food, offering protein
> and
> a small amount of carbs. I am getting tired of having to skip lunch
> in order for my numbers to be in range by dinner. And my breakfast
> is usually only a Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. So as you can
> imagine, I am very hungry by dinner time. So far the only thing
> that
> isn't causing BG trouble between meals is more pumpkin seeds or a
> little bit of coconut. Another other nuts or veggies I've tried
> have
> shot up my BG. Even a stalk of celery is out of the question for me
> now.

I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
for searching it and came up with this.

10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
by Carbohyrate by difference.
--
So Say We All,
Dale

The world wide web at my finger tips and I can't find anything
interesting.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Night Spirit wrote:
snip

> I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
> for searching it and came up with this.
>
> 10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
> for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
> by Carbohyrate by difference.

Carbohydrate by difference is what you have left after you subtract out
every thing else. The actual amount of carbs isn't calculated, it's
what's left over after the water, fats, nutrients, fiber and protein is
measured. Basically, it's just a calculation tool.

Somewhere on the website it should say this, but I'm not sure where.

HTH

Vicki
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Night Spirit" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
> for searching it and came up with this.
>
> 10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
> for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
> by Carbohyrate by difference.

Hmmm... I checked mine and it wasn't listed. I must have an old version.
And I can't explain that. Nor would telling me 10 grams or 100 grams be
meaningful to me. I have no clue how much that is in terms of sprouts.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Vicki Beausoleil" > wrote in message
.. .
> Night Spirit wrote:
> snip
> >

> > I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
> > for searching it and came up with this.
> >
> > 10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
> > for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
> > by Carbohyrate by difference.

> Carbohydrate by difference is what you have left after you subtract out
> every thing else. The actual amount of carbs isn't calculated, it's
> what's left over after the water, fats, nutrients, fiber and protein is
> measured. Basically, it's just a calculation tool.
>
> Somewhere on the website it should say this, but I'm not sure where.

I think he is referring to the math that doesn't work out. 2.21 x 10 =
22.4, not 22.14.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Vicki Beausoleil" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Night Spirit wrote:
> > snip
> > >

> > > I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
> > > for searching it and came up with this.
> > >
> > > 10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
> > > for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
> > > by Carbohyrate by difference.

> > Carbohydrate by difference is what you have left after you subtract out
> > every thing else. The actual amount of carbs isn't calculated, it's
> > what's left over after the water, fats, nutrients, fiber and protein is
> > measured. Basically, it's just a calculation tool.
> >
> > Somewhere on the website it should say this, but I'm not sure where.

> I think he is referring to the math that doesn't work out. 2.21 x 10 =
> 22.4, not 22.14.

Have you dropped your calculator too many times? It's closer to 22.14.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
. ..

> Have you dropped your calculator too many times? It's closer to 22.14.

Actually, it is 22.1. Don't know what I did before. I used the calculator
that came with my computer. Math was never my strong point!

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>>Have you dropped your calculator too many times? It's closer to 22.14.

> Actually, it is 22.1. Don't know what I did before. I used the calculator
> that came with my computer. Math was never my strong point!

Can any one find a fiber count for them?

-----------
Janet Wilder
The Road Princess
http://janetwilder.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>

>>>Have you dropped your calculator too many times? It's closer to 22.14.

>> Actually, it is 22.1. Don't know what I did before. I used the
>> calculator
>> that came with my computer. Math was never my strong point!
>>

> Can any one find a fiber count for them?

> -----------
> Janet Wilder
> The Road Princess
> http://janetwilder.blogspot.com

FitDay shows *no* fiber for lentil sprouts. It shows dietary fiber for
lentils but not for the sprouts. I think "0" would be just about
impossible, but apparently it's not a measurable amount.

MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove Boldly typed:
> "Night Spirit" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they
>> have
>> for searching it and came up with this.
>>
>> 10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
>> for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is
>> meant by Carbohyrate by difference.

> Hmmm... I checked mine and it wasn't listed. I must have an old
> version. And I can't explain that. Nor would telling me 10 grams or
> 100 grams be meaningful to me. I have no clue how much that is in
> terms of sprouts.

carbs by difference

From http://www.mendosa.com/netcarbs.htm

Many countries, including the U.S. and Canada, determine the amount of
carbohydrate in foods indirectly, that is "by difference." They
measure the amount of protein, fat, water, and ash per 100 grams and
subtract the sum of these from 100. In contrast, countries in Europe
and Oceania analyze carbohydrate directly, so their carbohydrate
figures do not contain unavailable carbohydrate (e.g. fiber), while
values for the U.S. and Canada do.

Lentils sprouted raw - 1 cup = 17.5 grams carbs by difference

Didn't see fiber listed.

--
So Say We All,
Dale

The world wide web at my finger tips and I can't find anything
interesting.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Andrea2 > wrote:

: I've sprouted about everything that grows at one time or another.
: Lately, I have only been sprouting Broccoli sprouts, we both love
: their taste and they are very healthy.

: For the small seed sprouts, I just ignore the carbs. For larger seeds,
: like peas or lentils, I would weigh the seeds before sprouting to get
: the total carb count. The carb count is unlikely to change much after
: sprouting. If you know the total carb count and want to be precise,
: you can weigh the harvest and through some simple math get the carbs
: per gram.

: Have you been getting your sprouting seeds on the net? I get mine from
: http://www.sproutpeople.net/ . There are less expensive places but
: theirs are always fresh with near 100% germination.

: Andrea2

Wouldn't some of the strch get dissipated by feedign the shoots, so the
carbs for teh sprouts woudl be lower than the origial lenis or whtever?

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Did you try "sprout" as a search word?
Lentils, sprouted, raw
Refuse: 0%
Scientific Name: Lens culinaris
NDB No: 11248 (Nutrient values and weights are for edible portion)

Nutrient Units 1.00 X 1 cup
-------
77g
Proximates
Water g 51.85
Energy kcal 82
Energy kj 342
Protein g 6.90
Total lipid (fat) g 0.42
Ash g 0.77
Carbohydrate, by difference g 17.05
Minerals
Calcium, Ca mg 19
Iron, Fe mg 2.47
Magnesium, Mg mg 28
Phosphorus, P mg 133
Potassium, K mg 248
Sodium, Na mg 8
Zinc, Zn mg 1.16
Copper, Cu mg 0.271
Manganese, Mn mg 0.390
Selenium, Se mcg 0.5
Vitamins
Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid mg 12.7
Thiamin mg 0.176
Riboflavin mg 0.099
Niacin mg 0.869
Pantothenic acid mg 0.445
Vitamin B-6 mg 0.146
Folate, total mcg 77
Folic acid mcg 0
Folate, food mcg 77
Folate, DFE mcg_DFE 77
Vitamin B-12 mcg 0.00
Vitamin A, IU IU 35
Vitamin A, RAE mcg_RAE 2
Retinol mcg 0
Lipids
Fatty acids, total saturated g 0.044
16:0 g 0.040
18:0 g 0.005
Fatty acids, total monounsaturated g 0.080
18:1 undifferentiated g 0.080
Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated g 0.169
18:2 undifferentiated g 0.139
18:3 undifferentiated g 0.029
Cholesterol mg 0
Amino acids
Threonine g 0.253
Isoleucine g 0.251
Leucine g 0.484
Lysine g 0.548
Methionine g 0.081
Cystine g 0.257
Phenylalanine g 0.340
Tyrosine g 0.194
Valine g 0.307
Arginine g 0.470
Histidine g 0.198
Alanine g 0.274
Aspartic acid g 1.103
Glutamic acid g 0.969
Glycine g 0.246
Proline g 0.274
Serine g 0.381

--

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> I use this website to find out the carb count on foods when I'm thinking

> of
>> trying something new. They seem to have commerical items and fast food

> too.
>> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

> But it doesn't have sprouts. I already looked there.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:12:59 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
wrote:

>Wouldn't some of the strch get dissipated by feedign the shoots, so

the
>carbs for teh sprouts woudl be lower than the origial lenis or

whtever?

>Wendy

I guess some starch would be dissipated, but how much would depend on
how long you allowed them to mature. Accurately determining the carb
count in sprouts is really impossible. You can use the carb tables but
they are likely to be inaccurate. Most of the carbs in the original
seeds would still be present if the seeds remained on the sprout.
Sprouts with the seed removed or very mature sprouts would be very low
in carbs. The more mature the sprouts, the fewer carbs per gram. 20
grams of original seeds could weigh 20 times that when sprouted. Most
of that weight is water. I just ignore the carbs in all small seed or
green sprouts.

I have sprouted larger seeds, almonds are very good. They are not
really sprouts, they call them soaks. The almond seeds are soaked,
drained and rinsed several times. The end crop is a swollen almond
seed with (maybe) a small root appearing from one end. The weight gain
is about 1.5:1. They are very delicious for snacks (IMHO). Beans,
pumpkin, sunflower and peas can be sprouted the same way. Sunflower
seeds can also be grown as "micro-greens". The seeds are planted in
trays of soil and allowed to grow until 1-2 inch green sprouts appear.
They are then harvested by cutting them at soil level. They are very
low in carbs since any remaining carbs in the seed is cut off.

If you are interested in sprouting, you should read the very
informative pages of http://www.sproutpeople.net/ . That is where I
get my sprouting seeds.

Andrea2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Did you try "sprout" as a search word?
> Lentils, sprouted, raw
> Refuse: 0%
> Scientific Name: Lens culinaris
> NDB No: 11248 (Nutrient values and weights are for edible portion)
>
> Nutrient Units 1.00 X 1 cup
> -------
> 77g
> Proximates
> Water g 51.85
> Energy kcal 82
> Energy kj 342
> Protein g 6.90
> Total lipid (fat) g 0.42
> Ash g 0.77
> Carbohydrate, by difference g 17.05
> Minerals
> Calcium, Ca mg 19
> Iron, Fe mg 2.47
> Magnesium, Mg mg 28
> Phosphorus, P mg 133
> Potassium, K mg 248
> Sodium, Na mg 8
> Zinc, Zn mg 1.16
> Copper, Cu mg 0.271
> Manganese, Mn mg 0.390
> Selenium, Se mcg 0.5
> Vitamins
> Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid mg 12.7
> Thiamin mg 0.176
> Riboflavin mg 0.099
> Niacin mg 0.869
> Pantothenic acid mg 0.445
> Vitamin B-6 mg 0.146
> Folate, total mcg 77
> Folic acid mcg 0
> Folate, food mcg 77
> Folate, DFE mcg_DFE 77
> Vitamin B-12 mcg 0.00
> Vitamin A, IU IU 35
> Vitamin A, RAE mcg_RAE 2
> Retinol mcg 0
> Lipids
> Fatty acids, total saturated g 0.044
> 16:0 g 0.040
> 18:0 g 0.005
> Fatty acids, total monounsaturated g 0.080
> 18:1 undifferentiated g 0.080
> Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated g 0.169
> 18:2 undifferentiated g 0.139
> 18:3 undifferentiated g 0.029
> Cholesterol mg 0
> Amino acids
> Threonine g 0.253
> Isoleucine g 0.251
> Leucine g 0.484
> Lysine g 0.548
> Methionine g 0.081
> Cystine g 0.257
> Phenylalanine g 0.340
> Tyrosine g 0.194
> Valine g 0.307
> Arginine g 0.470
> Histidine g 0.198
> Alanine g 0.274
> Aspartic acid g 1.103
> Glutamic acid g 0.969
> Glycine g 0.246
> Proline g 0.274
> Serine g 0.381

Aha! Sorry, no. I used "sprouts".

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> Did you try "sprout" as a search word?

> Aha! Sorry, no. I used "sprouts".
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

I tried "sprouts" the first time too. lol Makes me wonder how many other
things are in their database that I couldn't find just because I didn't
spell it exactly the way they wanted it..

Lentil Salad Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 14-12-2005 03:42 AM
Lentil Stew Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 14-12-2005 03:42 AM
Lentil Soup Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-09-2005 10:18 PM
REC: Lentil Soup jmcquown General Cooking 25 25-02-2005 02:11 AM
REC - Lentil and Ham Soup Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 0 09-11-2004 08:54 AM