Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default A snack, or a breakfast.

4 Minutes at most. You really need a small Balloon type whisk for this one.

2 x Multigrain Ryvitas, smeared with unsalted Butter.
2 stale Eggs - or ones that are no longer fresh enough for poaching.
1 Ounce grated Cheddar or hard Cheese.
A tiny pinch of dry English Mustard powder - optional.
A grind of Black Pepper & a pinch of Salt.
2 Tablespoons full fat Milk, but MUCH better with Evaporated Milk, or Single
Cream.
Chopped Parsley to sprinkle - Optional.

Simply put the Eggs, Milk or Cream, grated Cheese, Mustard Powder &
seasonings in a Jug.
Whisk like the devil, then pour through a sieve into a clean Microwaveable
jug - ONLY if you want to remove the Chalazae - the connecting thread
between the yolk-sac and the white. If it doesn't bother you, don't do that.
Without any added fats to the jug with the Eggy Mixture, put the jug into
the microwave at full power for a minute while you brew the Tea or Coffee.
At the Minute stage, remove the jug and whisk the mixture really well.
Return it to the Microblaster - again on Full, and give it 30 seconds.
Remove and whisk VERY well.
Continue with the 30 seconds and whisking bit.
As it thickens, you will notice the volume increases to well beyond what you
started with.
Keep at it, reducing the time to 15 seconds as it becomes firmer.
Do NOT Overcook it - VERY Important, or it collapses into a watery sludge.
It should be almost the consistency of a soft mashed potato.

Let it stand 30 seconds before pouring it into a bowl that's had the chill
taken off it.
Sprinkle with chopped Parsley. Munch the Ryvitas with spoonfulls of Egg.

To Drink? - Tea or Coffee.

A Note for the Ladies: Since it's Eggs, eat half of a small fresh Orange
with this meal, or have four Strawberries.
The Vitamin C content enhances the availability to your body of the Iron in
the eggs.

A note for everyone: Since any type of cooked Eggs have a tendency to "bind"
some people, those affected might help matters "along" by also eating with
or after the meal, 3 semi-rehydrated stoned Prunes. Those three little
Prunes ain't just delishus, that amount is also "1" of your "5-a day"
Veggie-Fruit reccomends.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"See Hear" > wrote in message
>4 Minutes at most. You really need a small Balloon type whisk for this one.
>
> 2 x Multigrain Ryvitas, smeared with unsalted Butter.
> 2 stale Eggs - or ones that are no longer fresh enough for poaching.
> 1 Ounce grated Cheddar or hard Cheese.
> A tiny pinch of dry English Mustard powder - optional.
> A grind of Black Pepper & a pinch of Salt.
> 2 Tablespoons full fat Milk, but MUCH better with Evaporated Milk, or
> Single Cream.
> Chopped Parsley to sprinkle - Optional.
>
> Simply put the Eggs, Milk or Cream, grated Cheese, Mustard Powder &
> seasonings in a Jug.
> Whisk like the devil, then pour through a sieve into a clean Microwaveable
> jug - ONLY if you want to remove the Chalazae - the connecting thread
> between the yolk-sac and the white. If it doesn't bother you, don't do
> that.
> Without any added fats to the jug with the Eggy Mixture, put the jug into
> the microwave at full power for a minute while you brew the Tea or Coffee.
> At the Minute stage, remove the jug and whisk the mixture really well.
> Return it to the Microblaster - again on Full, and give it 30 seconds.
> Remove and whisk VERY well.
> Continue with the 30 seconds and whisking bit.
> As it thickens, you will notice the volume increases to well beyond what
> you started with.
> Keep at it, reducing the time to 15 seconds as it becomes firmer.
> Do NOT Overcook it - VERY Important, or it collapses into a watery sludge.
> It should be almost the consistency of a soft mashed potato.
>
> Let it stand 30 seconds before pouring it into a bowl that's had the chill
> taken off it.
> Sprinkle with chopped Parsley. Munch the Ryvitas with spoonfulls of Egg.
>
> To Drink? - Tea or Coffee.
>
> A Note for the Ladies: Since it's Eggs, eat half of a small fresh Orange
> with this meal, or have four Strawberries.
> The Vitamin C content enhances the availability to your body of the Iron
> in the eggs.
>
> A note for everyone: Since any type of cooked Eggs have a tendency to
> "bind" some people, those affected might help matters "along" by also
> eating with or after the meal, 3 semi-rehydrated stoned Prunes. Those
> three little Prunes ain't just delishus, that amount is also "1" of your
> "5-a day" Veggie-Fruit reccomends.

Thanks for the tip about eating fruit with eggs. I learned a few weeks ago
that I also have anemia. After various tests, it comes down to a shortage
of iron. So, I take an iron supplement every day and was told to take
Vitamin C with it -- but it never occurred to me to take fruit with eggs for
that same reason.

MaryL

Sundy Breakfast and Homemade Bacon (was: Sunda Breakfast) Sqwertz General Cooking 3 21-09-2009 06:55 PM
A SNACK nancree General Cooking 0 04-07-2006 06:17 AM
ko- Nabisco Snack Well's Banana Snack Bars ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 13-11-2004 05:14 PM
Snack Margaret Suran General Cooking 39 23-10-2003 04:01 AM